PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Freeman in serious car crash..

Kris P Lettus
08-04-2008, 04:55 PM
morgan freeman was involved in a bad car accident and had to be airlifted to the hospital. here is a story from the associated press:

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn., on Monday after being seriously injured in a car accident near his home in Mississippi.
Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.
Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams said Freeman was driving a 1997 Nissan Maxima belonging to Demaris Meyer of Memphis when the car left a rural highway and flipped several times shortly before midnight Sunday.
"There's no indication that either alcohol or drugs were involved," Williams said. He said both Freeman and Meyer were wearing seat belts. The woman's condition was not immediately available.
Freeman was airlifted to the hospital in Tennessee.
Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 5 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.
McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne when it left the highway and landed in a ditch.
"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."
McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.
When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.
Freeman won an Oscar for his role in "Million Dollar Baby." His screen credits also include "The Shawshank Redemption," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "The Dark Knight," now in theaters.
He was born in Memphis, Tenn., but spent much of his childhood in the Mississippi Delta. He is a co-owner of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale.
The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

:'(

BigDaddyCool
08-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I wonder if he was narrating while they were extracting him from the car.

UmbrellaCorporation
08-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, just heard about this. I live right outside of Memphis, so this is the huge buzz going around right now.

Seriously hope he gets better. :(

UmbrellaCorporation
08-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Fuck you, I laughed. :lol::mad::lol:

Blue Demon
08-04-2008, 05:34 PM

I couldn't help but chuckle at this. But I seriously hope he's ok.

Bo
08-04-2008, 06:09 PM
"It was the longest night of his life." Seriously thought a speedy recovery to him.

Bad Company
08-04-2008, 06:29 PM
He's expected to make a full recovery.

Ben Rodrigues
08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
"No freebies, no freebies"? LOL Morgan Freeman is the man. He'll be back, better then ever.

MCEazy
08-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow, I didn't know this happened to him, fuken lack on internet and tv :mad:

Get better soon Morgan.

YOUR Hero
08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
LOL BDC... anyway I hope he recovers completely and promptly.

CSL
08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
LOL BDC

Morgan Freeman is the man. He'll be back, better then ever.

RP
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Dont drop that cake!

U-Warrior
08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Is The Dark Knight cursed or something?

YOUR Hero
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
plus Bale beat up his mom or something, OMGF!!!

U-Warrior
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Whats next, Gary Oldman getting in a hang gliding accident, and Michael Caine arrested for kicking puppies.

U-Warrior
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM
The visual of Michael Caine bantering while he kicks puppies actually made me chuckle, to my shame.

DrA
08-04-2008, 11:26 PM
God really doesn't want there to be a third Batman movie.

Nervous Ferret
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
For as long as I can remember people have liked hearing the sound of my voice...

NeanderCarl
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I dreamt he died the night before this crash. Almost as spooky as Bad Company's Flair dream.

TPWW has been infected. Things that pop into our minds are coming true to life.

Everybody clear your minds, and don't think of a 50ft marshmallow man for fuck's sake.

Xero
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I dreamt he died the night before this crash. Almost as spooky as Bad Company's Flair dream.

TPWW has been infected. Things that pop into our minds are coming true to life.

Everybody clear your minds, and don't think of a 50ft marshmallow man for fuck's sake.
*THUMP*

*THUMP*

NeanderCarl
08-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Mother Pus Bucket....

NeanderCarl
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Xero, if anyone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!

Xero
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I couldn't help it... It just popped in there!

Rammsteinmad
08-06-2008, 03:05 AM
I bet Xero says that all the time.