PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick's Getting Really Good Heel Heat...

CharismaInjection
08-06-2008, 10:17 AM
considering he's only been a heel for three weeks.
Here's hoping WWE doesn't lose the ball with this...

BigDaddyCool
08-06-2008, 10:57 AM
He is small, they will drop the ball.

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I think his heat on SmackDown! was dubbed in, to be honest. There weren't breaks between the heat and when Kendrick was talking. Plus, reports said that the crowd was dead for his shit. I love Kendrick, but I think the act is still too fresh, and the WWE has done too good a job convincing people that they shouldn't care about him, for people to bite instantly.

Hopefully the perception of heat carries over and gets Kendrick over in due time. I'm amazed the WWE took the chance with him, and has kept it going this long. I keep expecting the plug to be pulled.

Dave Youell
08-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, seriously that heel heat was blatantly feed in, you can tell when the crowd are sat silently behind him.

They did the same thing on Heat and Velocity all the time, unless the really vocal fans are all behind the camera....

BTW I love Kendrick

Juan
08-06-2008, 03:03 PM
That match he had Stevie Richards last week was fun.

Afterlife
08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
That match he had Stevie Richards last week was fun.

Honestly, one of the best all-around matches I"ve seen on SD in a looong time.

Gertner
08-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah, seriously that heel heat was blatantly feed in, you can tell when the crowd are sat silently behind him.

They did the same thing on Heat and Velocity all the time, unless the really vocal fans are all behind the camera....

BTW I love Kendrick

hmmm i wonder how snitsky got so many booos on Heat and none on Raw :roll:

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2008, 06:42 PM
My hope is that The Kendrick gets pushed consistently enough that he could be inserted into the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania XXV. It'd be a big step up for him, and I've only seen Kendrick in one Ladder Match previously, but the way he climbed the ladder in that Four-Way Match against The Hardys, The Blue Bloods and MNM made me believe he would be capable of some hectic shit in that sort of environment.

Throw in Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison and Jeff Hardy, and you have a match well on the way to being an instant winner.

Lock Jaw
08-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Man, I just watched two segments from ECW and the piping in of boos and cheers was horrible. They also piped in the clear voices of some fans yelling stupid things like "Hit him!" or "Don't do that!"

Anybody Thrilla
08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
"Hit him with your purse!"

Sebastian
08-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I cant believe they are able to make Kendrick look like a credible heel but they done it by making him look all grungy and like a drug addict.

The guy just always looked like a baby/child so I thought it would be IMPOSSIBLE to make him a credible heel.

Anyone know if Ezekeel is any good? He looks BAD ASS but I dunno if he sucks in the ring or not.

Afterlife
08-10-2008, 06:46 AM
TBK does not look like a drug addict. He's adorable.

Mr. Nerfect
08-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Kendrick is pretty adorable, but he isn't playing the same cocky heel he played in ROH/Japan/the indies. His heel character is someone that pisses you off at a bar, but when you go to put your hand on him, you get fucked up: either because he kicks your ass himself, he's smarter than you, or his bodyguard does it for him. Either way, he's better than you.

I personally love it. It's like the absorbed heel odours of a lot of different characters. I hope it goes places. Kendrick handles the mic really well.

CharismaInjection
08-11-2008, 09:17 AM
They better start putting him in a storyline soon.
I know this cycle, the crowd will eventually tire of the same matches with no story behind them.
I think he should form an alliance with MVP.

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2008, 03:16 AM
I'd like to see a program teased with Paul London at a PPV, and then have the WWE continue from there.

Afterlife
08-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Noid likes being teased.

Mister Sinister
08-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Noid likes being teased.

Of course he does, He marks out when Val Venis somehow wins a match, and goes on a Six Page Rant about how he will be pushed.

In a year time, The Basham Brothers will be resigned to the WWE, and we know what will happen there.

To get on subject.

Yeah, The Brian Kendrick is the man right now.

Afterlife
08-12-2008, 06:51 AM
I meant it in reference to sex, but yes, way to sling some dirt.

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Noid likes being teased.

When it's by Paul London & Brian Kendrick? :naughty:

Also, Mister Sinister, since when have I actually thought the WWE would push Val Venis? I just rant that they should. :p

Afterlife
08-13-2008, 03:12 AM
I could go either way on London. But Kendrick? Now you're talkin'.

Verbose Minch
08-13-2008, 03:35 AM
When it's by Paul London & Brian Kendrick? :naughty:

Also, Mister Sinister, since when have I actually thought the WWE would push Val Venis? I just rant that they should. :p

Over exaggeration, it happens a lot.