PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why ECW should fold.

D Mac
08-19-2008, 01:56 AM
OK list them one at a time and keep them in order.

1) Todd Grisham as the main announcer?

Destor
08-19-2008, 02:00 AM
Grish is doing just fine. So is ECW. Look at all the talent that was able to get comfortable playing their charecters on TV before ebing moved to a legit show thanks to ECW. It's doing a fine job and it would be STUPID to end it.

Destor
08-19-2008, 02:00 AM
:foc:

D Mac
08-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Incorrect

Destor
08-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Seriously though, ending ECW would be a huge mistake, considering it used to be Velocity it's a HUGE success. People wanting it to end really aren't seeing the big picture here. Yeah, it's not SD! or RAw, it's not supposed to be. Deal.

D Mac
08-19-2008, 02:05 AM
2) Only 1 ECW match allowed for Pay Per View.

Destor
08-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Do they need anymore?

Juan
08-19-2008, 02:09 AM
Seriously though, ending ECW would be a huge mistake, considering it used to be Velocity it's a HUGE success. People wanting it to end really aren't seeing the big picture here. Yeah, it's not SD! or RAw, it's not supposed to be. Deal.

100% agree. Plus, if it ends, what will I do from 10-11pm on Tuesday nights?

D Mac
08-19-2008, 02:09 AM
3) Because he predicted it. :p

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49066

GD
08-19-2008, 02:10 AM
I loved the Dirt Sheet on ECW edition.

Shadow
08-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Is it wrong of me to say...I miss Vermaat?

Gertner
08-19-2008, 02:54 AM
congrats Diesel Mac. This was about as successful as Morgan Wbb winning sexiest woman alive.

D Mac
08-19-2008, 03:52 AM
4) Because Gertner probably likes it. Like he likes cocks up his ass.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 05:00 AM
I have to agree with Destor. I'd personally love it if the brand got a bit more love, like I feel it was meant to (If you can look me in the eye and tell me that a feud between Chris Benoit and CM Punk would not have been the best part of WWE television, I'm going to call you a liar, and unlike KK, I'd have reason to).

All ECW needs is some more star power. Not a lot, but just a bit more. To be honest, I think Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio should have been drafted there. They both fit the "extreme" name (even if the show is moving away from the image), and the fans care about both. What is Rey going to do on RAW? Upper mid-card. What is Jeff Hardy going to do on SmackDown!? Eventually make the main event, but for the meantime be upper mid-card. This would have done both guys good.

Right now, I think Edge would be a good fit for ECW. He might be "too big" for the show, and the best thing about SmackDown!, but Edge saying "Fuck it, I don't want to work for you anymore, Vickie...I quit," or even losing a brand banishment match to The Undertaker would get him there, and fit with storylines. Edge is way too cool at the moment to be involved in the WWE Title picture, to be honest. I mean, he's blurring the lines between heel and face just with his awesomeness. I think he could use a fresh environment. Have SmackDown! pick up William Regal as a replacement for regular heel Edge.

Todd Grisham is a fine commentator, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish Josh Mathews was there. You might as well make it a three-person commentary team, and just have Todd Grisham serve as a mediator between Mathews and Striker. At least give it a shot.

Also, ECW will benefit a lot more when John Morrison & The Miz have moved on from their tag team stint. Yes, they are awesome together. But right now they are a heel tag team comprised of two heels who were thrown together because they had nothing else to do, with heel WWE Tag Team Champions holding the belts they used to have. By breaking them up, giving each a more direct singles nature (even if you still had John Morrison do "The Dirt Sheet," because frankly, he is fucking great at it), then ECW has two more singles stars.

Lux
08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Noid, will there ever be a day that you write only one line because currently thats all anyone is actually reading

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 09:17 AM
I agree with Lux.

Londoner
08-19-2008, 09:18 AM
^ So true(in reply to lux, damn you bdc). :D I actually just read the first line of his post then skipped the rest...(sorry noid)

Anyhow i agree with destor.

Dave Youell
08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
It’s a great place for people to start with, just look at Evan Bourne, if he was on any other brand he would have been buried, but at least he’s being given a legit push on ECW, is it a glorified Velocity? Yeah of course it is, we all know that, but it’s a great place for guys to start, get over, then move onto Smackdown/Raw once they have developed

Impact!
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Noid, will there ever be a day that you write only one line because currently thats all anyone is actually reading
I read it all

Lux
08-19-2008, 09:45 AM

I agree with Lux.

^ So true(in reply to lux, damn you bdc). :D I actually just read the first line of his post then skipped the rest...(sorry noid)

Anyhow i agree with destor.

I read it all

BDCA buddy :p

Theo Dious
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
The best reason ECW should go away is so that I don't have to hear people complaining about it all the god damn time.

NeanderCarl
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
The problem with the Grisham-Striker team is that they both sound the same, their voices are so indistinguishable that it's hard to tell which one is talking. Wouldn't have been a problem if they had put Striker next to JR and kept Tazz with Grisham.

Also, they're toning down Striker's heel leanings already... I noticed him siding with the babyface perspective somewhat on ECW and at SummerSlam. Why is WWE intent on not having a heel colour announcer in the modern era? To me, that is maybe the most overall entertaining role in a wrestling show and neither WWE, on any brand, nor TNA has one.

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Me agreeing with you once, doesn't make you BDCA.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:04 AM
It’s a great place for people to start with, just look at Evan Bourne, if he was on any other brand he would have been buried, but at least he’s being given a legit push on ECW, is it a glorified Velocity? Yeah of course it is, we all know that, but it’s a great place for guys to start, get over, then move onto Smackdown/Raw once they have developed

That's exactly it. And am I the only one who would love to see Paul London moved to ECW to feud with Bourne?

Hey, that was one line, now can those people simple enough to only read one line shut the fuck up and be content?

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
The problem with the Grisham-Striker team is that they both sound the same, their voices are so indistinguishable that it's hard to tell which one is talking. Wouldn't have been a problem if they had put Striker next to JR and kept Tazz with Grisham.

Also, they're toning down Striker's heel leanings already... I noticed him siding with the babyface perspective somewhat on ECW and at SummerSlam. Why is WWE intent on not having a heel colour announcer in the modern era? To me, that is maybe the most overall entertaining role in a wrestling show and neither WWE, on any brand, nor TNA has one.

Mick Foley tried to be an even commentator, and make an appreciative note of what the heels were doing in matches. JR would be all "Damn him to hell!" and Foley would be all "Well, JR, it makes sense that he'd do that." It's probably one of the things Vince McMahon chewed him out about, because God knows Foley's commentary wasn't missing anything.

I'd love to see Raven as a somewhat heel commentator. Striker should also keep his head screwed on, and chastise the faces for their incompetent behaviour and wasted motion. Jim Ross and Matt Striker would be a hot combo, by the way. Striker would really have someone to play off then. Stick Tazz with The Grish, and let Tazz's natural charisma draw enough lines of tension between him and the ECW rookie. JR and Tazz strike me as a duo that would get along too well on a natural basis of respect in the booth.

Lux
08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Me agreeing with you once, doesn't make you BDCA.
Sorry, i ment the line you agreed with was, never myself, im far from it.
That's exactly it. And am I the only one who would love to see Paul London moved to ECW to feud with Bourne?

Hey, that was one line, now can those people simple enough to only read one line shut the fuck up and be content?

*snaps in the Z formation*

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Haha, basically what is said was that ECW isn't too bad, because it allows singles stars to develop. Guys like Evan Bourne, John Morrison and The Miz can grow and develop there. I'm letting you in on the secret because I like you, Lux, so don't tell anybody.

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
God noid, why couldn't you just post that to begin with?

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Because if I were going to post everything to accomodate you, BDC, I'd be very depressed.

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Depression is a made up disease for whiny bitches. Are you saying you are a whiny bitch?

Savio
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
How can ECW be bad it gave Mark Henry his first title win.

TerranRich
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM

THAT WAS MORE THAN ONE LINE!!! MY BRAIN CANNOT COMPREHEND MORE THAN ONE LINE!! STOP BEING INTELLIGENT AND POIGNANT IN YOUR POSTS, AND POST MORE SHIT LIKE "omg lol :heart:"!!!

Verbose Minch
08-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I read it all

As did I.

thedamndest
08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
My only problems with ECW are that it dilutes the talent from Raw and SD, and every ECW title match on a PPV is usually a tag championship or a mid-card title that didn't make it to the PPV. I don't care that ECW "isn't what it used to be" I just think they could accomplish everything they are trying to do on ECW/Smackdown on Smackdown. But power to them for stretching it into three hours.

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
My only problems with ECW are that it dilutes the talent from Raw and SD, and every ECW title match on a PPV is usually a tag championship or a mid-card title that didn't make it to the PPV. I don't care that ECW "isn't what it used to be" I just think they could accomplish everything they are trying to do on ECW/Smackdown on Smackdown. But power to them for stretching it into three hours.

When the ECW title is defended on a ppv, it is almost always the opening match. Or lasts a minute like at Summer Slam.

Mooияakeя™
08-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Cos it's shit

...and any ounce of pure gold (Dirtsheet - Miz and Morrison themselves, Striker, Evan Bourne and Matt Hardy) should be moved to another brand ASAP.

D Mac
08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
5) Cos it's shit

...and any ounce of pure gold (Dirtsheet - Miz and Morrison themselves, Striker, Evan Bourne and Matt Hardy) should be moved to another brand ASAP.

:p

Xero
08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Are you bolding that just to add the 5, or to bring attention to yet another shit reference?

:shifty:

Gertner
08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
4) Because Gertner probably likes it. Like he likes cocks up his ass.

you're the only one here who doesn't think it has its place.

Mooияakeя™
08-19-2008, 03:25 PM
you're the only one here who doesn't think it has its place.

What ECW or your cock?

Ruien
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
I have to agree with Destor. I'd personally love it if the brand got a bit more love, like I feel it was meant to (If you can look me in the eye and tell me that a feud between Chris Benoit and CM Punk would not have been the best part of WWE television, I'm going to call you a liar, and unlike KK, I'd have reason to).

All ECW needs is some more star power. Not a lot, but just a bit more. To be honest, I think Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio should have been drafted there. They both fit the "extreme" name (even if the show is moving away from the image), and the fans care about both. What is Rey going to do on RAW? Upper mid-card. What is Jeff Hardy going to do on SmackDown!? Eventually make the main event, but for the meantime be upper mid-card. This would have done both guys good.

Right now, I think Edge would be a good fit for ECW. He might be "too big" for the show, and the best thing about SmackDown!, but Edge saying "Fuck it, I don't want to work for you anymore, Vickie...I quit," or even losing a brand banishment match to The Undertaker would get him there, and fit with storylines. Edge is way too cool at the moment to be involved in the WWE Title picture, to be honest. I mean, he's blurring the lines between heel and face just with his awesomeness. I think he could use a fresh environment. Have SmackDown! pick up William Regal as a replacement for regular heel Edge.

Todd Grisham is a fine commentator, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish Josh Mathews was there. You might as well make it a three-person commentary team, and just have Todd Grisham serve as a mediator between Mathews and Striker. At least give it a shot.

Also, ECW will benefit a lot more when John Morrison & The Miz have moved on from their tag team stint. Yes, they are awesome together. But right now they are a heel tag team comprised of two heels who were thrown together because they had nothing else to do, with heel WWE Tag Team Champions holding the belts they used to have. By breaking them up, giving each a more direct singles nature (even if you still had John Morrison do "The Dirt Sheet," because frankly, he is fucking great at it), then ECW has two more singles stars.

Just remember its a 1 hour show. Maybe give them 1 more star, but giving them 3 will overdo it. Personally, just replace Mark Henry with someone and its fine. Have Morrison go for the belt again after the current feud is done.