PDA

View Full Version : Cena has neck problems

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
According to reports, John Cena is reportedly having serious problems with his neck that is causing numbness in one of his arms.

Cena had an MRI done on Saturday before the Raw house show at Madison Square Garden and when he returned to the arena he was describing his neck as being messed up pretty badly to those around him. Cena's neck issues was the reason the company booked him in tags over the weekend. He has yet to indicate to anyone if he was going to take time off to heal right now.

More as we get it.
---------

It's on all of the major NEWZ sites, so just take your pick...

SammyG
08-25-2008, 06:34 PM
:(

Hanso Amore
08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Fuck yeah

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Fuck yeah

Hooray for people being hurt!

Londoner
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Hooray for Cena being hurt!

You're allowed to cheer if its Cena getting hurt.

Juan
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I can't say I'm too upset about this.

Gonzo
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Pretty messed up to cheer someone getting hurt.

Londoner
08-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Nothing against Cena personally, just more the way he's booked and it meaning we more likely wouldn't have to put up with it.

Xero
08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
All this means is shorter squashes for Cena.

It's nothing to cheer for. It's going to continue the transformation of Cena into Hulk Hogan.

Mooияakeя™
08-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I will be happy for a nice Cena free run, and yes, i do hope he gets better, but if they said he'd have to retire, i think he'd do fine running a gym, attempting to conquer hollywood or even becoming a trainer (albeit, I doubt many people would learn anything and would be charged far too much for what they'd learn... but it'd take u to the top! - cos it's worked for him)

Kane Knight
08-25-2008, 07:39 PM
This explains why he hasn't wrestled in years...

Afterlife
08-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Gotta love that "12 months? I can make it in 4!" attitude right about now.

Innovator
08-25-2008, 07:51 PM
If something has to get worked on, he really shouldn't put it off

Fox
08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
That sucks. Cena makes WWE money and is a big part of their show.

Xero
08-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Guess he failed another drug test.

aaaaa
08-25-2008, 08:17 PM
So, the guy with super-strength to lift big guys, like Big Show and Khali, has problems with his neck now? I just don't get it.

Xero
08-25-2008, 08:20 PM
He may have met his Kryptonite.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/inspirational/superman.jpg

Y2Ant
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
SuperCena can still defy teh oddz with a broken freakin' neck IMO

Mystic.Tenshi
08-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I really shouldn't be happy over this but...I feel bad for Cena the person but the mark in me is dancing cause I hate his persona so f'n much

Xero
08-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh shit, you don't think they'll give him the title to completely erase Kurt Angle from our minds, do you?

Kane Knight
08-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Gotta love that "12 months? I can make it in 4!" attitude right about now.

Well, when you're supercharging your hormones, the impossible becomes possible.

...And then you hurt yourself again.

That sucks. Cena makes WWE money and is a big part of their show.

What's that saying about eggs and baskets?

Xero
08-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Is Cena set to star in anything soon?

Lock Jaw
08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Cena's just being a baby. I herniated a disc in my neck this morning and I'm fine! I'm jumping around... I'm good...

Vastardikai
08-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Time for the latest round of the Spinal Fusion Polka...

Or, he doesn't get it done and becomes Paul Orndorf 2.0, which would suck more for him...

Shadow
08-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I bet it's just fluid in his elbow that wouldn't drain properly.

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2008, 02:15 AM
He may have met his Kryptonite.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/inspirational/superman.jpg

That makes very little sense.

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Yeah, it sucks that Cena's health has to take a hit to get him off TV, but you are not going to hear me complaining about Cena-free television. The man is just an awful character. I enjoyed it when Cena was gone, and my stomach dropped when he made his entrance in the 2008 Royal Rumble. Give the man an extended leave, and bring him back as a heel. Or a more tolerable face.

Juan
08-26-2008, 04:43 AM
source: PWInsider.com

John Cena is scheduled to be examined by Dr. Lloyd Youngblood in San Antonio later in the week. Youngblood has performed neck surgery on a number of past and present WWE stars including "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Edge, Amy "Lita" Dumas, Scotty 2 Hotty, Chris Benoit, Rhyno, and Gregory Helms. If past history is any indication, it definitely looks like Cena is going to be out of action for a very, very long time.

Austin's neck injury put him out of the ring for ten months from November 1999 to September 2000. Edge's neck injury put him on the sidelines from February 2003 to February 2004 (he was scheduled to return in February of that year, but he broke his hand and didn't return until a month later). Lita's neck injury put her out of the ring for very long time as well. While filming a fight scene for a role in the season finale of the television program Dark Angel, the stunt double Dumas was working with dropped her as she swung through a hurricanrana, causing her to land on her neck and shoulders. The injury put her out of action for seventeen months - from April 2002 to September 2003. Scotty 2 Hotty's neck injury put him out of action for seventeen months as well - from May 2002 to October 2003. Chris Benoit's neck injury put him out of action for a little more than a year - from June 2001 to July 2002. Rhyno's neck injury put him out of the ring for sixteen months - from October 2001 to February 2003. And then of course there is Gregory Helms, who has been out of action for over sixteen months and counting. Helms' neck injury has sidelined him since a few weeks after WrestleMania 23.

Cena's injury was described as a herniated disc tonight on Raw and on the company website. However, the belief is that the injury is severely worse. WWE's obviously hoping for the best when Cena visits Dr. Youngblood later this week.

Cena is scheduled to see doctors tomorrow morning with neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon at the University of Pittsburgh. He will then fly to San Antonio on Wednesday to be examined by Youngblood and we should know about the severity of the injury by then.

Reading that, can't help but feel for the guy. Still not upset that he's not gonna be off TV however.

CSL
08-26-2008, 06:22 AM
I feel sorry for him because he works that hard and is a credit to the pro wrestling industry as a whole. Sucks

BigDaddyCool
08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
I agree with everything said so far. It sucks the person has to get sugery and is injured. But Cena gone for a while would be good.

Kane Knight
08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
That makes very little sense.

I may not be thinking the same thing he was, but based on the picture, I think it makes perfect sense. Since he keeps being booked to hoist these big/fat guys up on his neck and shoulders, and the image shows "obvious strain," it makes sense as a crack regarding a presumed neck injury.

Shadow
08-26-2008, 12:16 PM
While I cannot feel sorry for the fact that Cena's off TV, this can all be for the good for him. Allows him to rest, heal, and possibly convince the writers that he needs a character tweak. Or perhaps a compleat overhaul.

Kane Knight
08-26-2008, 12:29 PM
While I cannot feel sorry for the fact that Cena's off TV, this can all be for the good for him. Allows him to rest, heal, and possibly convince the writers that he needs a character tweak. Or perhaps a compleat overhaul.

You kidding? The writers will spend the time coming up with new video packages for his Triple H return.

Tommy Gunn
08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear he's injured, but I can't deny that I'm happy to see him off television.

RGWhat316
08-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm with everyone else here, sucks for his injury. I wouldn't want to sit around healing a broken neck for a year, but we need a Cena break. And longer than what we were supposed to have at the end of last year. I really don't think he'll make it back in 4 months this time.

Hanso Amore
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Im glad to see him off tv too.

But like KK said, he is onyl going to come back to a bigger push next summer.

BigDaddyCool
08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm willing to bet that if you ask 95% of all the iwc, they will react the exact same way. To which, I wonder how Cena feels about this.

interforce
08-26-2008, 02:14 PM
OMFG its the only mark Cena will ever get off me to hear that he will be off the TV for a year (hopefully). The last time he made his unexpected return at the Rumble i nearly threw my TV right out of the window.

Dont get me wrong its never nice to hear that someone is hurt but i am so glad my prayers have been answered and that he is off TV.

While he is off with a bad neck maybe he should practice how not to be a cunt.

KingofOldSchool
08-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Just about everyone I've spoken to within WWE believes the end result of John Cena's medical examinations this week will be a neck fusion surgery. If that's the case, he'll be gone until, at the very least, the Fall of 2009, so he'd not only miss Wrestlemania 25 from an in-ring standpoint, but next year's Summerslam as well. Needless to say, everyone is holding their breath. Cena is being examined today in Pittsburgh by a neurosurgeon and will then head to Texas to meet with Dr. Loyld Youngblood, who has handled neck fusion surgeries for a number of WWE talents.

From PWInsider

CSL
08-26-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm willing to bet that if you ask 95% of all the iwc, they will react the exact same way. To which, I wonder how Cena feels about this.

He probably sits back in his multi-million dollar house and laughs

This is a ridiculous statement. Cena is like the nicest/most professional guy in the entire industry

thedamndest
08-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Just when he was starting to "not be so Cena-y" anymore. Sucks.

PullMyFinger
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't like Cena as a wrestler / entertainer, but I feel really bad for him. I hope the best for him and wish him a speedy recovery. No one should ever be happy that someone else is injured, especially with something like the neck.

Fox
08-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Might be a blessing in disguise.

Nobody deserves and needs a year off from the road more than John Cena.

Kane Knight
08-26-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't like Cena as a wrestler / entertainer, but I feel really bad for him. I hope the best for him and wish him a speedy recovery. No one should ever be happy that someone else is injured, especially with something like the neck.

Look, if I ruled the world, Cena would be off TV for something less painful, like volunteering at a kitten farm. But the world is cruel, and life's a bitch.

Rob
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM
For all the Cena haters, if you think him being gone is gonna lead to a bigger push for one of your favourites or a new star, you're wrong. It's gonna be the same guys on top again and again.

Evil Vito
08-26-2008, 04:38 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I feel bad for Cena, really shitty situation. I'm not upset that he's going to be off TV, however.</font>

addy2hotty
08-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Just a question, was it actually Dancing Dave's powerbomb that did this, or is it a gradual build up?

KingofOldSchool
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
So WWE.com is saying he had the neurosurgery today and should be back in 2-4 months.

KingofOldSchool
08-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Just a question, was it actually Dancing Dave's powerbomb that did this, or is it a gradual build up?

Buildup, Batista was just storyline reasoning.

Londoner
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
For all the Cena haters, if you think him being gone is gonna lead to a bigger push for one of your favourites or a new star, you're wrong. It's gonna be the same guys on top again and again.

Were not celebrating about that, its just relief that Cena wont be on tv.

Hanso Amore
08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
2-4 Months?!?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK

Londoner
08-26-2008, 06:28 PM
He's gonna 'surprisingly' return at the rumble and win it again...then we'll get the same storyline next year..and the year after...:(

Evil Vito
08-26-2008, 06:36 PM
<font color=goldenrod>LOL 2-4 months</font>

KingofOldSchool
08-26-2008, 06:41 PM

Yeah because he's been World Champion all year, lord knows we need a break from Cena as champion. :roll:

Londoner
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Not that, again i'll make it clear, i just don't want him on tv at all.

interforce
08-26-2008, 06:51 PM

This is a ridiculous statement. Cena is like the nicest/most professional guy in the entire industry

I think you misunderstand my post. I just plain dont like him being on my TV. Hence him being a cunt.

From your avatar i assume you are from the UK the same as me. Therefore take Dermot O Leary for example. I bet he is a really nice bloke on and off the screen however i hate seeing him on my TV and therefore he is a cunt. LOL

CSL
08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
lol. That's what the phrases 'I hate him/he does my head in/he annoys me/he fucks me off' and this smiley ( :foc: ) were created for

Y2Ant
08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Why is 2-4 months a shock? Remember when Angle (I think it was him) had that "new surgery" that didn't involve fusion and he was only out a couple of months? Maybe Cena had that.

Everything aside, I just hope he does what's best for his health as he's still a human being after all. But a return to his heel persona (not neccessarily a heel turn) would be rather immense if he is back sooner than later.

Shadow
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
OMFG its the only mark Cena will ever get off me to hear that he will be off the TV for a year (hopefully). The last time he made his unexpected return at the Rumble i nearly threw my TV right out of the window.

Dont get me wrong its never nice to hear that someone is hurt but i am so glad my prayers have been answered and that he is off TV.

The fuck did Cena do to you? Kill your mother and rape your father?

Tommy Gunn
08-27-2008, 03:25 AM
2-4 months? He'll probably be back in 4 weeks, but won't wrestle until the second month. (unless maybe in tag matches)

Rob
08-27-2008, 07:58 AM

Why? If he was that big of an issue for you, you'd turn it off when he was on it.

And he is the biggest draw in the company so obviously some people most like watching him.

Mr. Nerfect
08-27-2008, 10:29 AM
I may not be thinking the same thing he was, but based on the picture, I think it makes perfect sense. Since he keeps being booked to hoist these big/fat guys up on his neck and shoulders, and the image shows "obvious strain," it makes sense as a crack regarding a presumed neck injury.

I wasn't actually thinking that. Don't really think much about what Xero posts. I'll concede defeat on that one.

Assuming that is what Xero was implying.

Mr. Nerfect
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah because he's been World Champion all year, lord knows we need a break from Cena as champion. :roll:

KoOS, did anyone really mention Cena as World Champion? Does Cena not being champion make it unreasonable to not want to watch him?

If they had gone the route I suggested in another thread, and had Chris Jericho be the storyline excuse for Cena being out (so Jericho could get into the Scramble, for example), then Cena would probably be able to return just in time for Survivor Series to be apart of a team alongside Shawn Michaels against Chris Jericho, Lance Cade and some other heels. Could have been a good story.

interforce
08-27-2008, 11:48 AM
lol. That's what the phrases 'I hate him/he does my head in/he annoys me/he fucks me off' and this smiley ( :foc: ) were created for

Ok my bad

Cena fucks me off.

That better?

thedamndest
08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Cena coming back and STILL getting booed out of the building makes the perfect opportunity for a heel turn. So they won't do it.

Mr. Pierre
08-27-2008, 04:31 PM
This sucks. I was really enjoying Cena, as WWE was doing a good job of having Cena out of the spotlight to regain the fans that he lost during his character change a few years back. Two-Four months isn't too long though. Here's to hoping for a good recovery :y:

For his spot in the scramble though, I would have preferred they keep Rey off TV since I was curious as to how that would turn out.

Instead, I would have liked possibly a SD/ECW last chance battle royal this week on Smackdown, and the winner takes the 5th spot.

To replace Cena with some star power, it would be pretty sweet to see The Undertaker jump to RAW for the evening, only to be screwed over by whoever his next SD feud will be.

Tommy Gunn
08-28-2008, 03:31 AM
I was thinking Big Show would jump to Raw, it was kind of set up when Vickie 'forgot' to include him in the SD title match. Another missed opportunity.

Londoner
08-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Why? If he was that big of an issue for you, you'd turn it off when he was on it.

And he is the biggest draw in the company so obviously some people most like watching him.

You're just being an idiot now for the sake of it aren't you? I do sometimes turn the channel over when he's on, BUT, the point IS, i'm glad i wont have to do that now. Get that now do ya?

Kane Knight
08-28-2008, 04:59 PM

You know, for the last couple of years, most of the quarterly statements from WWE have read like this:

Fewer people are watching, but we're charging them more so we're making more money than last quarter/year.

So as buyrates, attendances, and ratings go down, is it really even worth pointing out how big a draw he is? The top dog on a sinking ship is still on a sinking ship. Unless he's got a life raft up his ass....

But yeah. He's the top draw in a company which is losing social relevance and losing its general drawing power. Not only do I have trouble calling that a positive thing, but I can't help but wonder if there's a correlation.

Lock Jaw
08-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Cena has neck problems. Dental Plan.

Mooияakeя™
08-28-2008, 06:55 PM

Right or wrong, I don't think I've ever seen anyone kiss Cena's ass this much.

That's not a dig. It's my take. If u wanna be a cock and retaliate, fuck off and get run over. If u take it as is, then I too still respect ur comments.

Fox
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Cena really is one of the nicest guys in the business. Plus the dude works his fucking ass off. I heard Kurt Angle talk about all of the shit WWE had him, Cena and others doing while he was on top. Most fans don't even realize how busy a guy like John Cena is with promoting the WWE in various outlets, and the fact that he does it and keeps going and keeps working in the ring, is impressive to me.

Just because his character sucks doesn't mean John Cena sucks.

Lux
08-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Gotta love a bunch of pussies on a message board cheering someone who gets booked horribly when he gets hurt, if a writer got hit by a car, cheer your ass off but cena as a man has no control over how he is booked, he has a job and must do as he is told, end of story.

personally this is terrible news.

Lux
08-28-2008, 09:56 PM

I hope you personally don't take wrestling this seriously you dumb cunt