PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 volume

Kane Knight
08-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Okay, so I finally hooked up my 360 thru my surround sound like everything else in my setup. The problem? It's loud. REALLY loud. Compared to TV, DVD, and the like, I have to halve the volume. This wouldn't be a problem, except my building has quiet hours. So far, I'm on good terms with my neighbors (Except the guy upstairs). I'd like to keep it that way by not waking them at 11 at night if I should forget to change the volume.

So the short version is: Does anyone know if it's possible to turn down JUST the 360's volume output? The only thing I see is the music volume, and since that appears only to affect your music, it doesn't help me much.

Boomer
08-30-2008, 12:12 PM
A lot of games have the game-specific volume controls, which may be your best bet. I don't think there is any universal way to do it unfortunately.

Kane Knight
08-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I was hoping there was something that wasn't in-game. Ah well.

Mayo
09-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I seem to have the same issue too. Just be sure to remember KK ;)

Triple A
09-01-2008, 01:18 PM
If you press the Xbox guide button, where the music bar is, there is a speaker icon that seems to control volume... but that might just be for playing music. Worth a shot I guess even if it probably won't work.

Kane Knight
09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
If you press the Xbox guide button, where the music bar is, there is a speaker icon that seems to control volume... but that might just be for playing music. Worth a shot I guess even if it probably won't work.

The only thing I see is the music volume, and since that appears only to affect your music, it doesn't help me much.

Yeah, tried it. Thanks tho. :)

Triple A
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I do not like to read so I stop sometimes.

Kane Knight
09-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Nah, it's cool.