PDA

View Full Version : And the NEW WWE Champion...

D Mac
09-01-2008, 03:51 AM
THE Brian Kendrick!

What would your reaction be if this happened? I would quit WWE, again.

Juan
09-01-2008, 04:11 AM
I would question the decision, but would keep watching cuz THE Brian Kendrick is the man.

Mister Sinister
09-01-2008, 04:14 AM
I would be shocked and overjoyed, because it would be unpredictable, and would gain my interest.

Seriously...I watched maybe a few bits of Smackdown the past week, and pretty much watched the Jeff Hardy v. MVP Match, and wanted to see the Cat In The Hat Brian Kendrick Promo

Indifferent Clox
09-01-2008, 04:36 AM
kendrick is the shit.

Tommy Gunn
09-01-2008, 05:16 AM
If Kendrick get's the belt before MVP I'll quit Smackdown in disgust... For about a week.

RP
09-01-2008, 05:23 AM
I would jack off in my own face with an owen hart expression on it.

Skippord
09-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Furiously Masturbate

RVDmark
09-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Even if he is only a temporary champion in the scramble, thats a mark out moment right there.

CharismaInjection
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
What's so wrong with a talented wrestler who's paid his dues by jobbing for the company for three years getting a break?
Obviously he wouldn't be a long term champion, but if Rey Mysterio was given the chance, TBK should be too.

Afterlife
09-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I simultaneously :lol: and :nono: when people bitch about the "same old shit" and then bitch just as loud about new ideas. It's fucking ridiculous.

Kane Knight
09-01-2008, 09:29 AM
I simultaneously :lol: and :nono: when people bitch about the "same old shit" and then bitch just as loud about new ideas. It's fucking ridiculous.Considering the two are not equal, it's not exactly ridiculous. There's a difference between hating new ideas and bad ideas. Reasonable people aren't going to start fellating new ideas simply because they're "new."

GD
09-01-2008, 09:32 AM
sure why not...

Afterlife
09-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Considering the two are not equal, it's not exactly ridiculous. There's a difference between hating new ideas and bad ideas. Reasonable people aren't going to start fellating new ideas simply because they're "new."

That's great. Except that the ideas don't need to be bad for people to jump on them. If the main event has anyone who's not an established main eventer, it gets shit on by at least a portion of the people who bitch about stale and stagnant main events.

Xero
09-01-2008, 09:55 AM
"So who missed their spot?"

What Would Kevin Do?
09-01-2008, 10:05 AM
My first thought would be "Shit, I guess Undertaker really is taking the title later in the show."

Splaya
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
It's going to happen. There are rumors going around that as a "peace offering", Vickie will grant the Undertaker a title shot, to the winner of the SD scramble. You obviously know he's winning and the only one that would really take the hit would be Kendrick.

YOU WATCH, IT WILL HAPPEN

Rollermacka
09-01-2008, 01:25 PM
It's going to happen. There are rumors going around that as a "peace offering", Vickie will grant the Undertaker a title shot, to the winner of the SD scramble. You obviously know he's winning and the only one that would really take the hit would be Kendrick.

YOU WATCH, IT WILL HAPPEN

Well, it could work a little bit. The Brian Kendrick gets the belt, gets challenged by the Undertaker. First match ref gets knocked out, Big Ziek grabs the belt, knocks taker out with it and Kendrick wins. Undertaker then dose what he doses best, beats Ziek first in singles competition, plays mind games, and then beats Kendrick for the title later on. It's kinda like what Kane did with Chavo and Bam Neely.... wait a minute did I actually suggest that Taker copy a Kane storyline instead of vice versa??? :nono:

Kane Knight
09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
That's great. Except that the ideas don't need to be bad for people to jump on them. If the main event has anyone who's not an established main eventer, it gets shit on by at least a portion of the people who bitch about stale and stagnant main events.

As long as you believe that...*pats you on the head*

RVDmark
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
My first thought would be "Shit, I guess Undertaker really is taking the title later in the show."

Edge returns to screw over Taker, calling it now.

Afterlife
09-01-2008, 02:57 PM

I challenge you to start making your "Last Words" actually mean something.

Mooияakeя™
09-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Fuck it, I'm all for it. Just not Khali.

TerranRich
09-02-2008, 01:08 AM

Aww... look at you pretending to play nice, but being condescending at the same time... so cute... *pats you on the head*

Xero
09-02-2008, 01:12 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/D_d_S/Garden/1141676146371.gif

Juan
09-02-2008, 01:15 AM
:D

Gertner
09-02-2008, 01:19 AM
I'd love it.

KYR
09-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Sorry, but I'd hate it.

Not because it's Kendrick, just that I think there are others ahead of him who have also paid their dues and deserve the title.

Kendrick's time will come.

Xero
09-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Kendrick's paid his dues. And here's why.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

KYR
09-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Very solid argument. I cannot fault this logic and I agree whole-heartedly.

You've changed my outlook.

Kendrick. Kendrick. Kendrick. :y:

KYR
09-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Oi, Oi, Oi

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2008, 01:53 AM
I'd mark out. It'd be refreshing, and I'd be happy to see a talent I really enjoy, who isn't the norm, getting a big break. I'd hope that the WWE wouldn't fuck it up, and that it meant the elevation of newer talent, as well.

So far, the WWE have been booking The Kendrick really well. He's undefeated since coming to SmackDown!, in the strictest sense of the word. None of that "hasn't been pinned or submitted" crap. He's actually been the winner of every match he's taken part in. I'm loving it so far.

It'd also make sense with the gimmick. I think MVP makes the most sense coming out of the match as WWE Champion, as far as current position and history goes. But The Kendrick is playing the "most intelligent wrestler in sports entertainment" thing. Kendrick getting beaten down, playing possum, and swooping in at the last minute, with some assist from Zeke, and winning the WWE Championship would be awesome.

Also, Xero, the irony of your "Noid posts" are that your silly little Photoshop things probably take far more effort.

Juan
09-02-2008, 01:57 AM
:heart:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrPCwh-FXtA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrPCwh-FXtA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Splaya
09-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Did any of you guys notice that Zeke was reading The Cat in the Hat

Juan
09-02-2008, 02:17 AM
I would be shocked and overjoyed, because it would be unpredictable, and would gain my interest.

Seriously...I watched maybe a few bits of Smackdown the past week, and pretty much watched the Jeff Hardy v. MVP Match, and wanted to see the Cat In The Hat Brian Kendrick Promo

Splaya
09-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Whatever :roll:

TerranRich
09-02-2008, 05:20 AM
Kendrick's paid his dues. And here's why.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

That's a stupid opinion and your mother's a cunt. Here's why.

Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post.

Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post.
Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post.

Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post. Kane Knight post.

Kane Knight post.

BRB bath.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2008, 05:42 AM
LOL, Terran's is better.

Impact!
09-02-2008, 09:28 AM
LOL

addy2hotty
09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I like Kendrick. He's a far better singles wrestler than a tag team bloke in that Tekno Team 2006/7.

I don't have a VENDETTA against him.

Y2Ant
09-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I would mark out almost as much as when Chris Jericho won the Undisputed Title.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
I wish I had been a little wiser back in 2001, and really appreciated Jericho as much as I do now, just so I could have marked out just a little bit harder.

I remember someone on these boards actually calling Jericho winning the titles, using a phrase like "It's going to happen, mark my words." They provided sound reasoning, too. Good times.

That "Cat in the Hat promo" Brian Kendrick had with Zeke was fucking awesome. I just went and looked it up now. Kendrick is a really good promo guy, if you ask me. This is so much more different than any other character he has had to play (except for maybe the last stretch of his tag team run with Paul London, where he was looking more serious), and he's really making it work.

The history lessons, learning off the masters, Zeke knowing his shit and Kendrick having a flawless strategy for the match have all made me want to see him win the WWE Championship more than ever. Believe it or not, I think in storyline terms, if not in practical or realistic terms, Kendrick would make the most sense as the winner of this match.

Afterlife
09-02-2008, 08:20 PM
I've been thinking this, myself, from the beginning.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I've been thinking this, myself, from the beginning.

Oh, I've thought it since the beginning, it just seems to get stronger every week. Some SmackDown! spoilers below.

The Brian Kendrick defeats Jeff Hardy on SmackDown! this week. That shows a lot of faith from creative, and a desire to really get Kendrick to credible status. Within the past year, Hardy has gone over guys like Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton. Sure, he got suspended, but since returning, it has not had a major negative impact on his direction (except for the initial disruption of his push, of which he is yet to really recapture). That means that heading into Unforgiven, The Brian Kendrick has yet to lose a match since re-debuting on the SmackDown! roster.

Afterlife
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I may have an erection up thru the ppv.

Y2Ant
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Well to be fair, they'd need to push him like that just to make him look like he belongs in the main event in the first place, if you ask me, because he's not been in this new gimmick/position on the card for very long really. So, as much as i'd like to see him go over, I can't help but think that they're just making him look credible enough to be there, but he isn't winning the title yet.

Hopefully either i'm wrong and he does, or he does win the title somewhere down the line in the not-too-distant future.

TerranRich
09-03-2008, 03:38 AM
Man, I saw Kendrick's promo on SD! just yesterday (TiVo'd), and I was in awe. He is an amazing talent on the mic (in promos), and awesome in the ring.

I see him going far. I'll be the 8,178th person to call him getting the title sometime soon. Very soon.

My my, I do believe I'm a TBK mark now.

Juan
09-03-2008, 03:58 AM
My my, I do believe I'm a TBK mark now.

Welcome to the club. :D

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Well to be fair, they'd need to push him like that just to make him look like he belongs in the main event in the first place, if you ask me, because he's not been in this new gimmick/position on the card for very long really. So, as much as i'd like to see him go over, I can't help but think that they're just making him look credible enough to be there, but he isn't winning the title yet.

Hopefully either i'm wrong and he does, or he does win the title somewhere down the line in the not-too-distant future.

I should have specified a bit more clearly: I don't think that what I posted necessarily means Kendrick will be getting the title (I think people are getting even more delusional than me with these guesses :p), and I do agree that Kendrick needs to be booked strong just to make it look like he belongs -- I just think that the WWE trying to make it look like Kendrick does belong is a very positive sign for his standing with the company.

If the plan was for Triple H to completely destroy him, and crush any credibility he had, I don't think they would have been so careful not to misstep with The Kendrick. But then again, I guess being in the match in the first place is the same sort of positive sign.

I'm starting to think that Brian Kendrick must be Freddie Prinze, Jr.'s favourite wrestler, or something.

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Four more notes:

1) I would mark out if Brian Kendrick got a titantron that started off like Shawn Michaels' classic titantron, but with "TBK" popping up on the screen one letter at a time, instead of "HBK."

2) How incredible would it be if Brian Kendrick DID win the WWE Championship, and one of his televised defences was against his former partner, Paul London? The match wouldn't be advertised too heavily, but could just be set up in a promo. "Hey Paul, I just invited you here to see greatness, and because you were such a good stepping stone for me, I'd like to give you a shot at this title later tonight. Because we're pals." Then they go on to have a 20-minute match, or something.

3) I still love the way that Ekeziel Jackson puts the jacket back on Kendrick after his matches.

4) How fucking awesome is Brian Kendrick?

TerranRich
09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
4) Very much so.

Afterlife
09-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I'd hit it.

St. Jimmy
09-03-2008, 12:47 PM
http://polizeros.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/suicide.gif