PDA

View Full Version : WWE TV Channel?

Indifferent Clox
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Report: WWE Interested In Their Own TV Network? By Ryan Clark (Webmaster@ProWrestlingSCOOPS.com) on September 3, 2008 at 12:52 PM EST
It appears WWE is considering moving their 24/7 programming from an on-demand pay-per-view subscription service to its own television channel. Currently the company is doing a marketing study which is probably being done to try and present the cable companies with evidence that people will switch to or from satellite, based on the ability to see the WWE channel as a free service.

It’s known that Vince McMahon has talked about WWE needing its own TV channel for years now. One advantage of having their own channel would be if the USA Network or MyNetworkTV changed their minds on carrying WWE programming, wasn’t interested in anymore or had some sort of power shift, then WWE would have its own channel to air their programming on.

We will keep you updated on any further developments. This is in the very early stages right now and is simply being talked about among some higher-ups. This is NOT a confirmation in any way that this will be happening.

NEW Literary Review: Trish Stratus and Her new Book! Vonnegut esque or Mysoginistic? you decide!!! (http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/)

think it could work? should it?

Xero
09-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I think the OnDemand platform is the way of the future. The only reason I could see a proper network working is if they air all their programming live on it, PPVs included, which would never happen unless they lost all contracts.

Otherwise, there's no reason for it and the OnDemand platform is fine.

Although, if they partnered with some indy feds (ROH included) I think it could be huge. But again, that can easily be done ondemand.

AKin3D
09-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I think the OnDemand platform is the way of the future. The only reason I could see a proper network working is if they air all their programming live on it, PPVs included, which would never happen unless they lost all contracts.

Otherwise, there's no reason for it and the OnDemand platform is fine.

Although, if they partnered with some indy feds (ROH included) I think it could be huge. But again, that can easily be done ondemand.

I agree.

If they did make the channel I think it would have to go the way of ESPN to even work and make rating. They of course could have all the dot com shows on the channle, it be nice if they were longer. As for the PPVs I don't see them every being on free tv....maybe as repeats a year later or something. The partnering with indys could work, becuase that would gave the viewer more to watch and the they wouldn't have to try to make up so many new ideas with WWE alone.

Kane Knight
09-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Pros:

WWE wouldn't be beholden to anyone but sponsors.

Cons: WWE would be hard pressed filling its own network, getting affiliates, and financial support.

Ratings are at a low, making this a bad time to try something like this.

Likely a money pit.

thedamndest
09-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Cons:

Likely a money pit.

Vince McMahon: :y::y::y:

TerranRich
09-06-2008, 11:02 PM
"NEW Literary Review: Trish Stratus and Her new Book! Vonnegut esque or Mysoginistic? you decide!!!"

Whoooooaaaaa, the bottom ads are getting more high-class! :y: