PDA

View Full Version : K, so where does everyone stand on this console "war" thing? (Fuckin' fanboys)

Funky Fly
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah, so it really seems to be a battle of the fanboys this time around, and TPWW, while nowhere near GameFAQs level of gayness, seems to be right in the thick of things.

So I'll put it to a poll, what system(s) are you pulling for?

#BROKEN Hasney
09-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Whatever ends up having the games that I play the most.

Right now 360 but after February, there doesn't seem to be much planned.

Champion of Europa
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I have the Wii, but prefer the PS3.

Funky Fly
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Also, not going to bother taking portable ish into account or we'd have 37 more poll options.

darkpower
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Only reason why I don't own a 360 (I own the PS3 and the Wii) is because I can't seem to keep my money up long enough to actually get one. That and I'm worried about the hardware reliability (anyone know of MS seriously has dealt with this RRoD issue?). Other than that, I would've had my trifecta completed already.

But I see your point. I don't mind fanboysim (hell, I was a HUGE Nintendo fanboy back in the day), and there is a such thing as brand loyalty if you have bought past systems from the same people and it's always brought you joy.

I've said this on N4G, as well, though, there is a such thing as lunatic fringe fanboys who add nothing to the conversation (aka: trolls). There are a LOT who post bogus reports on stories and users because they don't like the "slant" taken on the story, or the opinion that the user has said (usually it's the 360 crowd on there using that report button as a weapon). They are so immature about defending their choice that it makes you WANT to be a fanboy of the system you choose just to shut them up. Not saying anyone on here echos that behavior, but look at how some of the people react sometimes on the comment sections (the forums are a bit calmer and less retarded than the comments sections will be), and you'll see my point.

For calling them out on the unsourced facts, they suddenly are called a part of this "Sony Defense Force" or something like that like it was some sort of consperiacy (ha, consperiacy. What a funny word for me to say in a deogratory way on here :shifty: ). The littlest way you "insult" them gets reported BY them.

However, the good thing is that most people on there know who they are (these trolls are repeat offenders at retardedness), and eat them alive on there most of the time. Of course, some are slimy, but many are smart enough to pick up when someone is trolling and using multiple accounts to bypass ignores and such.

Now you see why I've become so passionate about this stuff as of late.

But yeah, I have nothing against any system.

darkpower
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
But I have found a true PS3 fanboy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wc-SBonCBcE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wc-SBonCBcE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

darkpower
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Ok, so I just wanted to have an excuse to use that guy just ONCE. So fucking SUE me!

OssMan
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii, and I fucking hate the Xbox 360 and I love the Wii. Right now I would rather have a PS3 than an Xbox 360 but I am not spending money on it.

Funky Fly
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm going to get a PS3. It's fact. I don't have a bluray player, and there are some PS3 games I really want, but it's still not yet worth my while to bother. Hell, I want a lot of things and have the money to get them, but I hold off until I feel it's worth the purchase.

Anyone else like this?

Gertner
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Used to be Sony, now X Box

darkpower
09-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Although I have other reasons why, I also want the PS3 to do well so the 360 lunatics will shut the fuck up about how perfect their system is and how the "other system" is an "overpriced piece of shit".

And Funky Fly, I will come over and fuck your girlfriend if you don't get a PS3! :p

Dorkchop
09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I have a Wii and love it. I'd like to have a 360 or PS3, but money is a big issue right now. PS3 has only one exclusive game I'd like to play (Little Big Planet). 360 has some exclusives I'd like to play.

Right now my money is going towards a house. That's more important.

U-Warrior
09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Gots all three. Could care less who wins, as long as all 3 have fun games to play, and at this point, that's happened. Took sony a while tho.

Juan
09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I got a 360 and it's fun, whatever. Maybe I'll get a PS3 too, who knows?

DS
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I felt like I was kind of stuck with my decision there. I have all 3 consoles the Wii has no games that really interest me at all, even though I've tried to like them, and I haven't really touched my 360 since I've got my PS3/PC. If there are good exclusives, I will buy them. If they are multiplatform (including PC) I will download them. Otherwise I don't really care. I don't mind "fanboys" because I like to see dedication like that, but it's not for me.

Kane Knight
09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Whatever ends up having the games that I play the most.

Right now 360 but after February, there doesn't seem to be much planned.

Team Sheep
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I chose the 'Sony 4 life, fuck Xbox' just because that suited me best. I don't hate the Xbox or anything, I think they're good, I've just always been a Sony guy and have never owned a console from Microsoft and I just love Playstation. For the games I play it wouldn't really matter what console I got (I play mostly sports games so they're out on all consoles), but the reasons I got the PS3 over the 360 were because of the RROD issue, the blu ray, the online is free (I'm not a hardcore online gamer or anything I just go on it on the odd occasion so I wouldn't really want to pay for it), and I'm used to Playstation controllers.

UmbrellaCorporation
09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I have all of them.

However, I love my 360 the most.

Kane Knight
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
EDIT. Fucking A. My posts kept getting eaten. Anyway, I have no interest in loyalty or any of that shit. I'm all about what games are out, and what games I give a shit about. Last generation, almost all my games were PS2. This gen, the 360's my most played system. But I've got all three, and think fanboys are utter retards. Why support a corporation who's out to screw you unilaterally?

Bad Company
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
I've owned all 3. I know all.
I prefer the xbox 360 for gaming. But if I wanted a Blu-ray player I'd get the PS3, but I don't want a blu-ray player.

Kapoutman
09-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I have a Wii and nothing else. But that's because I don't have enough money to support more than one console and I'm addicted to The Legend of Zelda. I'd have every console if I was rich.

Sepholio
09-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Fuck XboX. Sony 4 lyfe. Until I get my 360 next month anyways for soem of the games those bastards have that I want.

Xero
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I have a 360. Don't plan on getting a PS3 until the price plummets because there are not enough exclusives and 80% of the games I'd want are multiplatform anyway.

Might pick up a Wii mainly for the VC and more casual play.

I'm not a console fanboy, I'm someone who realizes one great game is not worth $400+.

darkpower
09-09-2008, 04:27 AM
I've owned all 3. I know all.
I prefer the xbox 360 for gaming. But if I wanted a Blu-ray player I'd get the PS3, but I don't want a blu-ray player.

I hope I'm not the only one that was lost in which one you support or what you actually DO own. :shifty:

El Fangel
09-09-2008, 04:32 AM
I has a PS2

HankScorpio
09-09-2008, 05:00 AM
I used to be a huge eggbox fanboy, until the damn thing broke. While it was away for repair I got a psp, now I NEED a ps3 in my life for that remote play awesomeness

darkpower
09-09-2008, 05:15 AM
I used to be a huge eggbox fanboy, until the damn thing broke. While it was away for repair I got a psp, now I NEED a ps3 in my life for that remote play awesomeness

It's not that bad, actually. The PSP interaction (when you can view your PS3 contents through your PSP) is somewhat on the slow side (not unusable slow, more annoying slow) and you can have a directional action you push get "stuck" at times (not sure if they fixed this or if it was just me having that problem). However, other than that, it's pretty good. It only works one way, though (you can't, for right now, at least, view your PSP through the PS3, though you can get into the memory stick that's in the PSP and transfer files that's ON it, but that's it).

HankScorpio
09-09-2008, 07:25 AM
My friend has a ps3, so I've mated my psp with his machine. I can now rape his harddrive and bandwidth from the comfort of my living room, or the pub :) shame he only has a few decent movies on his comp tho :(

Tornado
09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I have a 360 and a Wii, and the 360 gets a considerably larger amount of playtime, primarily because of Rock Band. I probably won't get a PS3, as anything I really want to play will be on the 360 too.

Disturbed316
09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
360 all the way for what I want, but both the 360 and Wii for multiplayer.

Extreme Angle
09-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Well, I have a wii and a 360, I enjoy those most. I can't see me getting a PS3 tbh, but that's probably because of the price... And since it's near enough the same as a 360 there's not much point.

Funky Fly
09-10-2008, 03:33 AM
To clarify:

I have a 360 and my brothers have a Wii, although we live together so I have access to their ish. By this time next year I expect to have all three in my possession. Unless they announce a version of the Wii with a decent hard drive, in which case I will hold out for that.

MCEazy
09-10-2008, 03:42 AM
I've got a Wii and xbox 360. I've grown up with nintendo but like all systems really. Wii for franchises like Zelda, Mario, metroid and games like Okami, xbox 360 for FPS's/TPS's, wrestling, sports and adventure games.

Russenmafia
09-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I have a 360 and think its excellent. Only game I would want to play on the PS3 is MGS4 but its not worth paying for a fortune for a PS3 to play it.

Kane Knight
09-10-2008, 09:02 AM
To clarify:

I have a 360 and my brothers have a Wii, although we live together so I have access to their ish. By this time next year I expect to have all three in my possession. Unless they announce a version of the Wii with a decent hard drive, in which case I will hold out for that.

Won't happen. Though as I said before, I'd be satisfied if they just gave us the HDD support they promised us in the first place.

Kane Knight
09-10-2008, 09:18 AM
I have a 360 and think its excellent. Only game I would want to play on the PS3 is MGS4 but its not worth paying for a fortune for a PS3 to play it.

I'm still not getting all the love for MGS4. MGS is just not that good a series. The storytelling elements are laughable, the gameplay can be fun, and it seems cobbled together haphazzardly.

I mean, if you can enjoy that, more power to you. I just can't see it.

However, PS3 has Blu Ray, and Uncharted is a nice game. REALLY nice. You may be able to find enough games to justify the expense. LBP looks retarded to me, but so do Animal Crossing and Viva Pinata, and those are hugely popular.

BigDaddyCool
09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I have a 360 because it looked like it had more games, and an on-line feature ps3 didn't. I only own 3 games, 2 of which are avalible on both x-box and playstation so i guess it really doesn't matter to much to me, i just got the x-box.

Shaggy
09-10-2008, 03:12 PM
I own a 360 but thanks to roomates we have all three next gen systems in the apartment. The 360 is played the most and after playing all 3 systems its my favorite. I would trade in both the PS3 and the Wii for a 360...and a bigger 360 memory unit.

Kane Knight
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I have a 360 because it looked like it had more games, and an on-line feature ps3 didn't. I only own 3 games, 2 of which are avalible on both x-box and playstation so i guess it really doesn't matter to much to me, i just got the x-box.

Well, if you're going to choose between the two and get mostly multiplat games, going for the cheaper's probably a good idea.

jcmoorehead
09-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I own all three but it's generally the 360 that I use primarily for gaming especially with me having Rock Band. The PS3 I do use quite a lot and recently that has been the one I've been playing most just because its the one I got most recently so I'm playing through games like Resistance and Uncharted. I also use the PS3 for playing most of my media.

The Wii is an every so often kind of thing, although it's usually what me and my girlfriend tend to play because we enjoy Mario Kart or Smash Brothers.

I did used to have fanboyish tendancies but I quickly grown out of it. For me I love seeing what all three consoles can do and are capable of.

Kane Knight
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I own all three but it's generally the 360 that I use primarily for gaming especially with me having Rock Band. The PS3 I do use quite a lot and recently that has been the one I've been playing most just because its the one I got most recently so I'm playing through games like Resistance and Uncharted. I also use the PS3 for playing most of my media.

The Wii is an every so often kind of thing, although it's usually what me and my girlfriend tend to play because we enjoy Mario Kart or Smash Brothers.

I did used to have fanboyish tendancies but I quickly grown out of it. For me I love seeing what all three consoles can do and are capable of.

The Wii is the one I was most disappointed in. They hooked me with the hype, the promises, etc., then dragged their feet for so long I stopped caring.

Even if I had no games for the PS3, I could justify my purchase because of the media capabilities. Granted, I wish I had more games for it, but when I can get them for the 360, why bother? ALL my friends (Locals) have a 360, so I can game with them, and most of the people I know have Xbox online, so I can play with them over Live, too. That pretty much decides things like "Will you buy Burnout for the 360 or for the PS3?" for me.

To be honest, while I think the all three sstems thing is nice, I'd much rather have one, maybe two. I got through most of the last gen on a PS2. Granted, I would have missed out on a lot of good games if I didn't break down and buy a GameCube, but not enough that I would have felt totally left out. However, Rogue Suadrons 2+3 plus Skies of Arcadia Legends were worth the admission. Never had the Xbox, never wanted one, it only has one game I felt I'd miss out on (Crimsons Skies HRTR). I may pick up the KoTOR games, because everyone seems to still be wet over them, but....

I'd much rather just stick with the one that offers the most games. This time around, I bought all three only because the PS3 is a BD player, and was at the top of the list in terms of BD players. Why not get a good BD system that also plays games?

And the Wii.,..God...It's almost all shovelware, even the first party stuff. It's not all bad, but FUCK, does it piss me off that their big news at E3 was that the Wii would finally be able to do what we were promised from the get-go...And all it would take was an extra 20 dollar attachment that would have cost 50 cents to implement initially.

darkpower
09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
If Nintendo fired that ugly chick they got that's running whatever title they gave her, then they would have someone that actually had SENSE!

Seriously, she so fucking delusional that it's unreal.

HankScorpio
09-11-2008, 07:29 AM
I got a 360 and it's fun, whatever. Maybe I'll get a PS3 too, who knows?...

just bought a PS3, £99 from 'cash converters'! those mugs know nothing about pricing. I think the Xbox will still be used for gaming, but the PS3 is nearly a perfect media unit imo

Dorkchop
09-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I'll admit that the Wii has way too many shit games. However it has enough exclusives to keep me satisfied. I would still love to be able to play some of the big time games like Bioshock, GTA IV (only played it at my friend's a few times. I need to own it), Gears of War and so on.

Nintendo are working on a memory storage solution. I just hope it's good enough. I only have 2 WiiWare games and a couple VC games and I don't even have enough room for all of them. There are more games I'd love to download. I doubt there's even enough room to hold all of the eventual Stong Bad WiiWare games.

Kapoutman
09-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I love the Wii but the storage thing is ridiculous. I had to start erasing things just so I could play NHL 2K9. Not even a downloadable title.

Ninti the Mad
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
How about the option I own one system but wouldnt mind having the other two if I had money and/or time to play so much games.

KingofOldSchool
09-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I got a 360 and a Wii, no PS3 maybe someday though.

Kane Knight
09-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I love the Wii but the storage thing is ridiculous. I had to start erasing things just so I could play NHL 2K9. Not even a downloadable title.

Really? That royally sucks. Can't you access shit off a SD card for games now?

How about the option I own one system but wouldnt mind having the other two if I had money and/or time to play so much games.

This is pretty much where a lot of people are, too.

I think most people don't give a shit about the "Console Wars" or have animosity against systems. Most of the time, they won't even let a grudge with a company stop them from buying a system.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Really? That royally sucks. Can't you access shit off a SD card for games now?

Never could. You can copy them to the SD card, but you have to copy them back if you want to use them, which is stupid.

On top of that, if it's a Nintendo-made online game, you can't even copy them to the SD card!