PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston

Juan
09-11-2008, 05:24 AM
He seems to get pretty decent pops, but I have to say, this guy really hasn't done anything in the ring to impress me. It's really a shame he was put into a program with Paul Burchil. What's worse is that it looks like Burchil is on the chopping block now. :nono:

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2008, 05:28 AM
Yeah, Burchill's really been forgotten since Regal came back. I guess RAW isn't big enough for two British heels.

I have been impressed with Kofi Kingston, and I think the WWE are holding back with him, but I don't think he's a godsend or anything. I'm hoping that CM Punk and Kingston take the World Tag Team Championship from Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes at No Mercy, or something. The heels can't win all the time, and a short reign for Punk & Kingston would help decorate them a lot more.

D Mac
09-11-2008, 05:38 AM
Boring

Afterlife
09-11-2008, 05:53 AM
The whole time at the movie shoot, when we'd watch RAW, the director would constantly bitch about how much he hated "Coffee Kingston". He couldn't tell me why, except that other people cheer him. Never understood that.

Juan
09-11-2008, 05:57 AM
The guy just hasn't done anything to "wow" me, so to speak

Dorkchop
09-11-2008, 07:19 AM
I haven't seen anything great from him yet, but I really like him. I'd love to see him in some longer matches and see how well he can do. From what I've seen he's pretty solid in the ring and has a crap load of charisma. His entrance actually gets me pumped for the match. It's probably my favorite entrance at the moment.

Londoner
09-11-2008, 08:19 AM
He's been entertaining, that's why people cheer him. Not hard to work that out. He does well with what he's given to wprk with.

BigDaddyCool
09-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I think Kofi's lack of size will hold him back, which sucks.

Dorkchop
09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I think it's funny that he's from Ghana, but billed from Jamaica because I work with a guy who's from Ghana and we talked about how he could pass as Jamaican.

#1-norm-fan
09-11-2008, 11:31 AM
That man can jump... really high.

Like... ridiculously high.

Put him in a decent program though, and I'm sure he'll be great. He's fun to watch in the ring and I loved those little pre-match promos he would cut on ECW. His whole "Always smiling Jamaican guy" gimmick is really likable.

Vastardikai
09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Kofi Kingston fears DeeJay

Hanso Amore
09-11-2008, 10:01 PM
White folk love them non-threatening niggers.

Gerard
09-11-2008, 10:02 PM
White folk love them non-threatening niggers.

:lol:

Vastardikai
09-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Why do white people love Wayne Brady so much?

Because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X

PullMyFinger
09-12-2008, 06:25 AM
JAMAICAN ME CRAZY!!!

4 knuckles up
09-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm a big fan of Kofi Kingston. Ideally, I'd have had him trade the IC title back and forth with Santino- but it seems like he's getting a rub by hanging with Punk in his fued. Whilst it did seem like his IC title win was prematurely thurst onto him, I've never seen him 'phone it in' yet- so I didn't have a big problem with it.

A freakin' love his entrance theme, and his ring attire is pretty sweet. As mentioned before, his entrance music really gets you pumped up, and in the ring Kofi has been constistantly good. At worst- consistant. His mini-fued with Burchill was great. The *boop boop* double leg drop seems a little gimmicky, but meh. Nice finisher. :y:

The Optimist
09-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Kofi Kingston is awesome.

Triple Naitch
09-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I like Kofi a lot. His finisher spin kick is entertaining and like #1 WWF said he can fucking jump. His entrance music is great. But unfortunately I think there is a glass ceiling on him and he will never be taken serious as a main eventer due to his character.

Lux
09-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Punk giving someone a rub... theres news.

Lock Jaw
09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
He has a great look about him, and great energy. Hopefully he allies with Punk on a regular basis and joins him against the new inevitable Orton stable.