PDA

View Full Version : what a cock

BigDaddyCool
03-21-2004, 01:29 AM
More On Brock Leaving WWE Including The 9 Reasons Why He Left
By Chris Walters on March 20, 2004 at 8:02 PM EST

Brock Lesnar still has another five years left on his WWE contract which has put WWE in the power position in terms of negotiating his release. Brock parted ways with super agent Barry Bloom after Bloom got him his original WWE contract. It seems likely right now that WWE will not allow him to work for any other pro-wrestling or shoot fight company for the next five years. WWE is expecting Brock to return if he is unable to land a job in the NFL. Despite what some think, Lesnar is not financially set for life. He is very young and spent money freely during the last year or so on expensive cars and other "toys."

At this point, these appear to be the nine reasons why Brock Lesnar left WWE:

1. His travel schedule. Brock has always been a farm boy and he could not handle the hectic schedule, waking up in hotel rooms everyday, etc.

2. He didn't love pro-wrestling. Brock got into wrestling for the money. He actually hated pro-wrestling when he was a standout amateur wrestler.

3. Right or wrong, he really feels he can make it to the NFL. Brock misses being involved in a "real sport."

4. He thought WWE did not appreciate him enough. Brock was not happy with how he was being booked and that he had to drop the WWE Title to a "little guy" like Eddie Guerrero. He wanted a long title reign. Having to work matches against Bob Holly in South Africa made him feel even more demoted.

5. His personal life. Brock is currently living with his young child and the child's mother, while dating Sable. His personal life has added a lot of stress and anxiety.

6. He was embarrassed that walk up ticket sales to WWE house shows went up after he dropped the WWE Title to Eddie Guerrero.

7. He did not want to feud with the Undertaker. 'Taker had been telling people that he would "set Brock straight" and humble him if he didn't show veterans respect.

8. He did not want to end up with serious injuries or be a cripple. He did not like that wrestling had no off season where he could rest his body.

9. He had nothing left to prove. He had already reached the top of the wrestling industry and thought the only place he would go now is down, then back up to where he had already been. He wanted a new challenge.

Credit: PWTorch Newsletter

-------------------------------------------

What a cock, I personally hope he never comes back.

John la Rock
03-21-2004, 01:34 AM
whatever man, it's his business

Iceman90
03-21-2004, 02:25 AM
I never liked Brock from day 1.

Everyone said I was nuts and Brock was "The Best Thing In The Industry". See Why I Don't Put My Faith In New Guys?

Boondock Saint
03-21-2004, 02:27 AM
Some of those reasons are understandable.

Some are pretty big-headed. Especially that he was upset dropping the strap to Eddie. WTF

I dunno. I liked him, but around the time of the Brock/Angle ironman match, I started getting tired of him. I wouldn't mind him back at some point, but I also won't miss him much.

CBright7831
03-21-2004, 03:18 AM
I hope they never let that bastard back into WWE again. I hope his NFL career is failure also, I may add. I also find it funny he's dating someone that is old enough to be his ****ing mom.

**** that really pissed me off when I read he didn't like wrestling.

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 03:27 AM
How fast does Sable drop him now that he's not bringing home the big paychecks?

Wondermouse
03-21-2004, 06:55 AM
I hope they never let that bastard back into WWE again. I hope his NFL career is failure also, I may add. I also find it funny he's dating someone that is old enough to be his ****ing mom.

Well, I suppose there are some 10 year old mothers.

Wrestling's a hard business, folks, and not just anyone can do it. Makes me respect those who go out and wrestle even more. Thank you, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, and the list of others who sacrifice their body day in and day out, in some cases for over 20 years, for our entertainment.

The Forgotten One
03-21-2004, 07:14 AM
He didn't care about us. He cared about the money.

Razor Rybek
03-21-2004, 07:59 AM
I have never had an opinion on Brock Lesnar, to me he's always been one of those wrestlers who you had to watch to get to get the better bits of Smackdown! Kinda like the preveiws of movies at the cinema!

Sephiroth
03-21-2004, 08:03 AM
Neah...he didnt care about his fans or wrestling it was just the money :nono: and now he got a little fame and he wants to get even more money and fame in the NFL, but i think he wont get far and he will come running back to the WWE in a year or an half.

MVP
03-21-2004, 09:24 AM
That's pathetic.

Seriously, I was a huge fan of him when he was wrestling, and you guys know that because I'd always stick up for him, but after reading that article I just lost a whole hell of a lot of respect for him. He didn't care about his fans or the business, it was all about the green to him which is exactly the color he's going to be if he joins the NFL.

MVP
03-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Neah...he didnt care about his fans or wrestling it was just the money :nono: and now he got a little fame and he wants to get even more money and fame in the NFL, but i think he wont get far and he will come running back to the WWE in a year or an half.If he tries to come back I hope they slam the door in his face.

HHHsucks929
03-21-2004, 10:52 AM
He is NOT coming back. If he can make it onto an NFL team he will not be coming back, no way no how. He got into pro wrestling for the money and hated it, so if he can make money playing football he's going to stick with football. Eddie should've slapped the taste out of his mouth if he knew Brock was belittling him like that.

There was no reason to believe he wasn't the biggest thing in the business, after all, why wouldn't a college wrestler enjoy being a pro wrestler?

TazroK
03-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Now if WWE can just get rid of Benoit, Eddie, Mysterio, Ultimo, Angle, WGTT, HBK. I'll be happy.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2004, 11:28 AM
haha, nice. You know what, he mighta quit, but at least he did what he was told, he just didn't like it. Who cares? He's gone, and he jobbed the title to Eddie.

Evil Vito
03-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Now if WWE can just get rid of Benoit, Eddie, Mysterio, Ultimo, Angle, WGTT, HBK. I'll be happy.

<font color=goldenrod>You will be banned.</font> :wave:

Sephiroth
03-21-2004, 11:37 AM
<font color=goldenrod>You will be banned.</font> :wave:

Yeah...where does this guy come from :nono:

HeartBreakMan2k
03-21-2004, 12:08 PM
If I'm not mistaken half of you love Austin who didn't even give notice when he left.

That's beside the point, Austin and Molly said they understand, and he did what was right for him.

HHHsucks929
03-21-2004, 12:11 PM
If I'm not mistaken half of you love Austin who didn't even give notice when he left.

That's beside the point, Austin and Molly said they understand, and he did what was right for him.

Austin leaving was pretty bad, but it's not the same as Brock. Brock leaving is like Austin leaving in 1999.

StrongMad
03-21-2004, 12:13 PM
If he tries to come back I hope they slam the door in his face.

:y:

samichna
03-21-2004, 12:14 PM
what a heel :cool:

loopydate
03-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Honestly, you guys would rather he come out and do something he hates, putting on mediocre matches because he doesn't care?

If he didn't want to be there, he shouldn't have to be there. If he'll be happier as a third-string football player, more power to him.

Rob
03-21-2004, 12:22 PM
I know that Brock Lesnar never intended on going any further in college wrestling after his NCAA title because he was insistant that he was going to enter pro wrestling so I can't see with a mind like that why he would hate it before then.

wheresmaven
03-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Wow.
I'm feeling somewhat the way MVP does. I really liked Brock. Even as a heel. But to hear that he didnt think of wrestling as an actual sport, or that he was upset to job to the 'little guy' status of Eddie... I lost alot of respect for the guy.
Wrestling has more of a fan base and more 'converts' I believe, than any other sport, not including the XFL.
Did he think that he's stay champ forever? I mean... crap, you're going to lose matches sooner or later, I don't care how ****ing big you are. Even Andre the giant, Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, guys who were huge, have lossed or jobbed to a 'little guy'. Thats why there are 'major upsets' in sports.
Why the wwe has left the door 'open' for him at a later date, is beyond me. I really can't think of a reson why he should be let back in after he fails in the NFL, or F-5's some quaterback or something.
There are guys who live for the sport, they eat, sleep, breathe wrestling. And for Brock to dis thos guys... I have a feeling that alot of wrestlers have lost respect for him too.

ColdwaVer
03-21-2004, 12:35 PM
I haven't given a crap about Brock from day one, and I'm now glad he's gone. He had a pro wrestling wet dream handed to him on a fu</>cking plate. If that's not good enough for him, then all the better he go away. I hope he gets tied up into some sort of NFL contract he won't be able to get out of, and that if he ever does return to WWE they start feeding him to midcarders for lunch.

Funky Fly
03-21-2004, 12:45 PM

Indeed. I hated Austin back when he didn't want to put Jeff Jarrett over and then Scott Hall later on, but when he up and left I was flat out pissed. I can't stand him taking up tv time without even wrestling.

Brock has some legitimate reasons for leaving, but reasons 4, 7, and 9 are complete egotism on his part. I'm sorry, but if you are a wrestler it is your job to do the job to other guys, bigger or smaller. It's not about winning the belt, it's about making the other guy look good. I can understand feeling demoted by having to work with Bob Holly, I mean Brooklyn Brawler feels demoted having to job to him. Nevertheless, Eddie is a great worker who put many years into the business and Brock (who had everything handed to him after 4 years) is pissing on him. I'm not usually one to promote the vets pushing around the new guys, but Brock is a special case, and Undertaker should have set him straight.

And if Brock makes it into the NFL, how long before an injury ends his little dream? Wrestlers don't become football players, footbal players become wrestlers.

Darkone
03-21-2004, 12:52 PM
The only times that i've really be interstead in him is when he was just starting and squashed RVD and had the feud with 'Taker. He could wrestle great matches, but he just never did it for me. Not a big loss.

Wondermouse
03-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Oh, I support Brock's decision whole-heartedly. It's the "American Dream" to make a living doing what you want to do, right? If you just work hard enough.

Now, I'm a pretty huge sports guy all around, I love my New Orleans A'ints, and if Brock makes the NFL, I'll be happy for him. To many people, the fact that wrestling is scripted bothers them greatly - they want to see a real competition. But to me, that's its greatest aspect: football is about winning, wrestling is about entertainment. In "real sports" the object is to win, no matter how boring the method is; this goal creates the attitude that real sports are about the competitors. And sure, I've got no problem with that, why should I? It can be largely entertaining, but that's merely a byproduct. Wrestling is a dedication to the fans. When done right, I get the feeling that these guys are sacrificing their lives for me and the other millions out there (notice, I said when done right). I rarely get that feeling in "real sports." I love that feeling.

That's not to say I can really blame Brock for doing what he did. He wanted money, he got money. Hell, Bret and Owen got into the business for the money. It only makes me appreciate the guys who have cracked their ribs, fractured their legs, broken their necks, and in one case, lost his life for years not just for the money, but for the love of it and for the love of the fans. Even when they're putting out a subpar show, and even when they're bullshitting us, they're still taking dangerous bumps that continue to make us scream "Holy Shit!" And I've gotta respect that.

Hired Hitman
03-21-2004, 01:37 PM
If Brock isn't happy then go and do something else, but if it was me, i'd do it until my contract ends and save all the money i get JUST incase I don't get another job.

V
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM
if brock didn't wanna lose his title he shoulda married Shane... DUH!

Rob
03-21-2004, 04:06 PM
I wasn't his biggest fan but at the end of the day, he didn't want to wrestle anymore and he did business before leaving so fair play to him.

03-21-2004, 04:08 PM

Amen.

Hired Hitman
03-21-2004, 04:33 PM
God you are such a moron!

... Shane's already married :shifty:

Kane Knight
03-21-2004, 04:34 PM
God you are such a moron!

... Shane's already married :shifty:
*coughUTAHcough*

Sin Harvest
03-21-2004, 05:12 PM
If Brock says something about like that about dropping the strap to Eddie, I'll say this:

Brock Lesnar can go fu</>ck himself.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2004, 06:01 PM
I love how a lot of you guys who only know anything about wrestling because of the internet (hell I'm one of those guys) are passing all these judgements on Brock. The fact is, Brock did his job. And like three quarters of us, he didn't like his job and he didn't like the decisions his boss made, but at the end of the day, he did his job anyways. And so what if he quits? If you didn't like what you were doing, and found another opportunity to do something, wouldn't you do it?

And I love Guerrero as much as the next guy, and I love wrestling too, but you all reply like he offended you or something. Brock Lesnar said what was on his mind, and so be it if he didn't like wrestling, the fact of the matter is he entertained us and he worked hard. The fact that you guys are crying because of what he says is just superficial bullshit, and get over yourselves, because until you're wrestling night after night, waking up in hotel rooms and travelling all over the place, you have jackshit room to speak.

Kane Knight
03-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Yes Dale, that was brilliant insight.:|

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2004, 06:06 PM
The only reason people are getting pissed is because Brock basically said he didn't like what he was doing. However, he did things the right way, although he thought it was bullshit. He jobbed to Eddie, even though he didn't want to, and hell he worked hard night after night, even though he didn't want to. So now he wants to quit, because he couldn't take it anymore, and it's not like he's asking for more money or trying to screw Vince, he just doesn't like wrestling.

Kane Knight
03-21-2004, 06:21 PM
He signed on for how many years?

And how many years of that did he work?

I mean, you're applying internet logic to defend him too, how exactly does that work? Your argument has every chance of being as full of shit as theirs do.

:y:

I'd like to know how many of us have ever left contract work like this before. I somehow doubt it's anywhere REMOTELY close to 3/4s.

Do you honestly think that 3/4 of the people here have signed a contract for a decade to do something they dislike, worked a couple years, and then wanted out for doing exactly what they signed up to do? Yeah, he might not like the way his boss is doing things, but he signed a contract with the guy, and didn't seem bothered then. Didn't mind leaving his character up to creative control then.

Maybe he thought he'd be a champion the entire duration of his contract. That would have been a realistic expectation.

The WWE let him out, which is lucky for him.

Normally, you don't sign a contract to do work that requires things you don't like to do, or at least ones so horribly objectable.

BRB, gonna go contract myself as a surgeon then quit because I can't stand the sight of blood.

RGWhat316
03-21-2004, 06:24 PM
You know, I really can't beleive what Brock is saying. I really was a fan of his, but started to get tired of him after a while. But for Brock to completely bash the WWE, the place that has basically made him a household name, is crap. To say that the WWE didn't appreciate him is really egotistical or hypocritical. He was at the top of the WWE within months of his debut and has been there for nearly two years. If he's saying that, than maybe some people like Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero can say they're not appreciated because they have just now climbed to the top after years of hard work.

The Duck
03-21-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm interested to know where the writer of the article got his information from. "The reasons appear to be" line lead me to suspect some guy is trying to sum up the Brock Lesnar departure in one article.

My opinion is this. Brock was put in a position that is incredibly enviable. The schedule, travelling and punishment on his body were being compenstated by a great pay-cheque, PPV main event cuts and a fantastic push that NOBODY in WWE has received to that scale since the days of Warrior and Hogan. Brock was made to be a star, a position he took 6 months to ascend to compared to the 18 years it has taken Chris Benoit. For Brock to then decide he doesn't want to do it anymore and show a distanct lack of passion for the business is a slap in the face of all the workers and fans out there who will cut off their right arm to be anywhere close to his position.

However, if he didn't want to do it anymore then best of he's gone. It saddened me to some extent, but hopefully this will be a sign of the times that the true work-horses and passionate, deserving superstars get their dues now. Guys on the top of the company need to be able to carry the work-load and should be IN LOVE with the industry.

Kane Knight
03-21-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm interested to know where the writer of the article got his information from. "The reasons appear to be" line lead me to suspect some guy is trying to sum up the Brock Lesnar departure in one article.
Or, more appropriately, that he's trying to get inside someone else's head and deduce their reasoning.

Or, that it's hearsay.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Vince is letting him out of his contract though isn't he? Se he's not breaking any laws, and he isn't gonna get the remained of his money. In fact, supposedly he's paying to get out of the contract. So I mean really, whatever.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-21-2004, 07:53 PM
this should be a lesson to Vince, to slowly bring up the new wrestlers instead of giving them Major Titles right away.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2004, 08:04 PM
No it shouldn't.

Rob
03-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Is it just me or are the newsboard reporters for this site stupid dickheads?

PureHatred
03-21-2004, 11:45 PM
You mean more so than any other rumor site?

Rob
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Well I don't check most others but in comparison to most, erm... yes.

Funky Fly
03-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Well, in my rant I did mention that he has legitimate reasons for leaving. If the report is true (which is up in the air at this point), then he could have just kept quiet about reasons 4, 7 and 9. Some guys who are as talentented or moreso *cough*Benoit*cough* have put in nearly 20 years to his 4 before getting to the top. It just makes him sound ungrateful, which is what the fans resent.

I mean, if he wants to leave, fine, but don't be an ass about it.

Rob
03-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Well he is an ass so that would be hard for him. Still though.

Kane Knight
03-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Well, in my rant I did mention that he has legitimate reasons for leaving. If the report is true (which is up in the air at this point), then he could have just kept quiet about reasons 4, 7 and 9. Some guys who are as talentented or moreso *cough*Benoit*cough* have put in nearly 20 years to his 4 before getting to the top. It just makes him sound ungrateful, which is what the fans resent.

I mean, if he wants to leave, fine, but don't be an ass about it.
The way he was pushed did make sense though. The guy has the look of a monster, and it didn't make sense to intro him by making him pay his dues jobbing to Stevie Richards on Heat (Much as Stevie could use some wins).

I mean, he's shit on the mic, so he had his looks and his skills.

Still, as a fan of many people who have been long in the biz with little to show for it, Brock's attiude on the deal was more than a little bit frustrating.

Though his attitude has always been a little less than admirable.

Corkscrewed
03-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Well, the reasons do make sense. They encompass a lot of areas and do adequately explain his departure for me. He did have an ego, but on the other hand, he earned the right to have a big one, somewhat.

Anyway, I'm rather ambivalent about his departure now. If he makes it in the NFL, good for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him crawling back to the WWE though.

Think of it this way: at least the next HHH has been averted.

Rob
03-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Oh he'll be back.

And he wouldn't be the next Triple-H. Vince has no spare daughters (that we know of).

Kane Knight
03-22-2004, 01:33 AM
I doubt he'll make it in the NFL.

He's kinda risking a lot tho, and that's not too shabby...

Kane Knight
03-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Oh he'll be back.

And he wouldn't be the next Triple-H. Vince has no spare daughters (that we know of).
No legitimate ones, anyways...

big_bluto
03-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Sorry guys but I gotta say, who really knows that this interview is 100%?

I work in a job where I see what really happens versus the bull reported in the papers/internet every day.
LESSON:
Don't believe everything you read!

Further to that, even if Brock's reasons listed in the interview are real, any one of them would be justification enough for him to leave.
Other unlisted reasons could be that he secretly has a crush on HHH's mum, or misses getting butt-f*cked by Spike Dudley on Monday nights after RAW.
Whatever the reasons are, they are justification enough for Brock.

And on to my next point...

Why would Vince publicly announce that the WWE wouldn't have Lesnar back?
You're talking about a guy who has that much financial sense, he never lets his pride get in the way of a dollar. (return of hogan ring any bells?)

Brock can always come back when it suits both parties, because at the end of the day, he IS better than Bob Holly, A-Train, Steiner or Test.
He can have occasionally great matches and is fairly consistent as a performer taken over the 2 years at WWE.
(And I'm more than happy to admit the Lesnar v Goldberg match was lamer than a bag full of broken horses)

Anyway the point of all this rambling splaff is very simple.
The guy wants to play football.
Good for you Brock - live your dream!
Well done for having the courage to take a risk, and put yourself on the line.
Respect.

The Mackem
03-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Well, I guess if all that's true, at least he didn't stick with Wrestling til he was 50.

big_bluto
03-22-2004, 08:13 AM
True.
Brock Lesnar with Flairs saggy man breasts?
Eeeuuuuwwww!

Kane Knight
03-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Sorry guys but I gotta say, who really knows that this interview is 100%?
Thank you for this new and insightful comment. Why, nobody had yet thought that this article was not the Gospel according to God Himself!

Thak you for showing us the way!

Splaya
03-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Its funny that like 2 months ago there was articles posted on the net saying Brock would hold the title for the next 2 years, constantly feuding for it.

If that bastard HHH wasn't married to steph-a-whore, he would be gone too I bet.

Kane Knight
03-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Its funny that like 2 months ago there was articles posted on the net saying Brock would hold the title for the next 2 years, constantly feuding for it.
Everything on the internet is true. ;)

Splaya
03-22-2004, 11:09 AM
I was just saying that for the sport of sake you know. Kind of Ironic though isn't it

natureboycv
03-22-2004, 11:16 AM
<font color=8307ff><b>Some of those reasons are alright, but the stuff about not wanting to drop the title to Eddie... :n:</font></b>

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-22-2004, 08:21 PM
It is irellevant if he didn't want to or not, he did it, which is more than I can say for a lot of other guys, so we're told.

Innovator
03-22-2004, 08:51 PM
one more time if Brock didn't get how everyone felt at WM:

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY HEY

GOODBYE

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2004, 09:27 PM

That's easy...

Austin > Lesnar