PDA

View Full Version : Sanest thing Kurt Angle has said in a long time

BigDaddyCool
09-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Kurt Angle was interviewed this week by the UK Sun and spoke at length about what he feels is wrong with today's TNA product. The highlights: TNA Gimmicks and Match Stipulations: "Being in TNA is exciting and frustrating at the same time. We’ve been doing a good job but what we need to do right now is to simplify things. We get a little bit too complicated with our gimmick matches and run-ins. I’ve spoken to the bookers, writers and owners of TNA and said: “Listen. Wrestling is very simple, keep it simple." TNA's "King of the Mountain" Match: "You have to put the belt on the hook, but before you do that you have to pin somebody. If you get pinned then you end up in the penalty box. When you get out the penalty box you’re still eligible to win as long as you pin somebody and then put that belt up on the hook. It’s like holy s***, it’s too f***ing confusing." Why TNA Overindulges in Gimmicks: "TNA do it because we want to be different from WWE and innovative. But what happens is sometimes we are, but then sometimes we are too old school. Let’s face it, a tar and feather match today wouldn’t go over too well. But we’ve actually done that. That’s a 1960’s match, this is 2008. We’re in an MMA world. Fans want to see mano a mano. One on one. Let’s go at it. We call ourselves Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. We say: “TNA – we are wrestling.” No we’re not. We’re f***ing gimmick matches." TNA Protecting Talent: "At the last PPV, No Surrender, we had a triple threat main event between me, Christian Cage and Samoa Joe. We had a great match, but Samoa Joe won because Jeff Jarrett came in and hit me with a guitar. I would have won if Jeff didn’t do that. I believe that Joe should have kicked my ass and Christian’s ass and won straight up and then afterwards Jeff could have come in or even waited until the next night on TV and attacked me. I’m trying to make our younger guys more popular. I let AJ beat me the last four times we wrestled for a reason. To make him a bigger star. I wanted Joe to beat me and Christian at the PPV to make him a bigger star. But what’s been happening is we have run-ins to create the wins, so I get protected. I don’t want to be protected and I don’t need to be protected. I’m having a real struggle with it. We need to back up and realize who we are and what we’re trying to get across. We have the best wrestlers in the world, WWE can’t compare. But how do we use them to our advantage? By simply wrestling, because that’s what they’re good at."

I've been saying about the same thing for the last year. I'm glad Angle see this and he has the power to start changing things. Good for him.

Que Noid post about how to make the idea worse.

Gertner
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Good call by Angle. TNA would eb so much better off just having straight wrestling matches.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Totally agree, hope he can use his pull to make something work.

BigDaddyCool
09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Gimmick matches are good, but in small doses. You can't have ice cream for every meal without getting the shits.

Also, TNA needs people to start winning and losing (so does WWE). Clean wins, and clean loses so someone can actually advance. It doesn't mean shit if half the roster can claim not to have been pinned or beaten or whatever in 6 months, when no one has any real wins.

Dorkchop
09-23-2008, 12:47 PM
If I remember correctly, the only wacky thing he said in that interview was that he could grow all of his hair back if he wanted.

Kurt and the rest of the wrestlers need to stand up for the company. TNA isn't getting any better. Probably worse.

Kane Knight
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Good call by Angle. TNA would eb so much better off just having straight wrestling matches.

They'd be better off addressing how shitty their product is and not trying to bandaid it up with ELECTRIC BARBED WIRE CAGE MATCH WITH SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE JESUS AND CHAINSAWS AT EVERY TURNBUCKLE NINE ELEVEN DEBRIS ON A POLE MATCH!!!!!

I mean, honestly, TNA's got some talented wrestlers, but they seem to think the only way to make shit interesting is to throw in bigger and bigger gimmicks. They don't need to just focus on wrestling, but paying attention to it is definitely a plus. They also need to realise that a bunch of guys doing flips will appeal to smarks, but that guys like Jeff and Rey are major exceptions, not the rule.

BigDaddyCool
09-23-2008, 12:52 PM
To be honest, Jeff and Rey don't do that many flips.

BigDaddyCool
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
One thing TNA may not realise is that they set a trend in whacky gimmick matches. WWE has kinda taken their lead and start featuring more whacky gimmick matches. TNA can use this to their advantage by letting WWE burn out on whacky gimmick matches that don't advance storylines while TNA moves through with fresh fued with crisp and clean wrestling action. IF they don't, then TNA will countinue to stagnate and buy used WWE wrestlers.

Triple Naitch
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I used to think that Angle was a just a pain-killer popping ego-maniac, but now I see that he really understands the business and how TNA's ideas have some short term intrigue to it but is destined for future failure. Oh wait, he's still a pain-killer popping ego-maniac.

Shadow
09-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Thing is....some of the TNA gimmick matches are good. Lockdown for instance. It is a good concept. As long as you don't do something like an electrified cage match.

That shit is just stupid.

Rob
09-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Totally agree, hope he can use his pull to make something work.

Keep hoping. He has been saying this for a year now.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Angle hates young talent, doesn't he, BDC?

Kurt is absolutely right, and has been saying this for the longest time. I just read Rob's post, and he's pretty much on the money. Nothing has changed yet. However, with contracts coming up, and guys like Christian possibly leaving, and then you've got Robert Roode and a few guys next year, then TNA might be forced to listen to their talent a bit more.

BigDaddyCool
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Angle hates young talent, doesn't he, BDC?

Kurt is absolutely right, and has been saying this for the longest time. I just read Rob's post, and he's pretty much on the money. Nothing has changed yet. However, with contracts coming up, and guys like Christian possibly leaving, and then you've got Robert Roode and a few guys next year, then TNA might be forced to listen to their talent a bit more.

Noid, you kinda missed your cue (timing wise) but you did at least get everything wrong. Where have I ever said Angle hates young talent? Find me the exact quote that links back to the post where I said it or you have no case.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Noid, you kinda missed your cue (timing wise) but you did at least get everything wrong. Where have I ever said Angle hates young talent? Find me the exact quote that links back to the post where I said it or you have no case.

Taking things literal, good man. You said that Angle refuses to put young talent over. Maybe you blamed it on TNA, I never really read your posts intently. But you ignored the talent Angle has put over, and his intention to help out younger stars.

Find you own fucking quotes.

Kane Knight
09-24-2008, 10:26 PM
I must have missed where BDC said Kurt hates young talent, too.

Is this real, or another one of Noid's made up points?

Kane Knight
09-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Dammit, the spazz posted while I was reading BDC's reply.

BigDaddyCool
09-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Taking things literal, good man. You said that Angle refuses to put young talent over. Maybe you blamed it on TNA, I never really read your posts intently. But you ignored the talent Angle has put over, and his intention to help out younger stars.

Find you own fucking quotes.

How exactly am I suppose to take it? Also, I'm arguing I have never said Angle hate young talent, nor anything remotely like that. Never said Angle hold people down. Since that is my stance, I'm not going to bring up the post that says he does because a) it doesn't exist, b) if it did, I would have defeated myself.

BigDaddyCool
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Saying TNA doesn't put over talent and Angle hates young talent are completely different things.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2008, 10:34 PM
I must have missed where BDC said Kurt hates young talent, too.

Is this real, or another one of Noid's made up points?

An old TNA thread. Something about Angle and Booker T refusing to put over young talent. Blah, blah, blah. I may have actually misread, considering BDC's post lower my IQ, but fairly certain that's what he said.

Also, you are the biggest hypocrite I know on the inter-highway.

BigDaddyCool
09-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Alright, you claim to not have understood my post, not found a direct link, claim you barely remember what I said...yeah that isn't very good evidence on your part. I never said it.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Alright, you claim to not have understood my post, not found a direct link, claim you barely remember what I said...yeah that isn't very good evidence on your part. I never said it.

I said I MAY have misread. You can find the direct link yourself if you want to re-evaluate yourself. I'm not doing your dirty work for you. I said I didn't care what you said, and I care very little about you overall.

In summary, you're taking this far more seriously than I am.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Saying TNA doesn't put over talent and Angle hates young talent are completely different things.

You may have said that. I couldn't care less. If you didn't notice I was trying to ruffle your feathers (and succeeded), you're pretty daft. You're hanging way too much on the word "hates" by the way. It was more an allegorical relation to TNA and Kurt Angle's attitude towards the future of their company.

Xero
09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
"If you didn't notice I was trying to ruffle your feathers (and succeeded), you're pretty daft."

If you didn't care about BDC you wouldn't have gone out of your way to 'ruffle feathers'.

Innovator
09-24-2008, 10:58 PM
When did Kurt stop taking the crazy pills?

Mister Sinister
09-25-2008, 02:17 AM
When Karen stopped taking it in the Pooper from him.

Kane Knight
09-25-2008, 09:23 AM
"If you didn't notice I was trying to ruffle your feathers (and succeeded), you're pretty daft."

If you didn't care about BDC you wouldn't have gone out of your way to 'ruffle feathers'.

I'd add that the only reason he tried to "ruffle feathers" was because he was, himself, ruffled. Not only did he take BDC's obvious bait but pulled something out of his ass in an attempt to cheap shot BDC. One with no real relevance, not to mention one that doesn't exist.

Hey Noid: Measure Twice, Cut Once.

I can't wait for the response in which Noid says something to the effect of "What? What are you talking about? That analogy is terrible because we're not involved in carpentry!"

BigDaddyCool
09-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I love how Noid thinks he ruffled my feathers when all he did was exactly what I said he would do.

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2008, 09:45 AM

Wrongo. All it took were a few words. No effort at all. Far less than any of your photoshop pictures would.

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2008, 09:48 AM
I'd add that the only reason he tried to "ruffle feathers" was because he was, himself, ruffled. Not only did he take BDC's obvious bait but pulled something out of his ass in an attempt to cheap shot BDC. One with no real relevance, not to mention one that doesn't exist.

Hey Noid: Measure Twice, Cut Once.

I can't wait for the response in which Noid says something to the effect of "What? What are you talking about? That analogy is terrible because we're not involved in carpentry!"

What did BDC predict? That I would post? Whoa. I sure took the bait. Especially considering I didn't "Noid post."

Also, I won't take measuring advise from a person who can't fit a tape measure around their waist.

As far as pulling something that doesn't exist out of my ass? Fairly certain BDC has shat on TNA and Kurt Angle so much in the past.Sorry I don't analyse his posts. As I said, I don't really read him.

BigDaddyCool
09-25-2008, 09:57 AM
So you admit you are just making things up since you don't read my post?

And I did predict you would make this worse.

Kane Knight
09-25-2008, 10:32 AM
What did BDC predict? That I would post? Whoa. I sure took the bait. Especially considering I didn't "Noid post."

Also, I won't take measuring advise from a person who can't fit a tape measure around their waist.

As far as pulling something that doesn't exist out of my ass? Fairly certain BDC has shat on TNA and Kurt Angle so much in the past.Sorry I don't analyse his posts. As I said, I don't really read him.

I love how you're too stupid to make sure that you even have a clue as to what was relaly said before posting, you took bait from BDC, and now you're trying to take shots at me because you look like a tard. Poor baby. :)

Kane Knight
09-25-2008, 10:39 AM
So you admit you are just making things up since you don't read my post?

Well, Noid does often resort to "How was I supposed to know that you didn't say it? Why should I be responsible for knowing what I'm talking about?" When he opens his mouth.

I'm pretty sure he makes a lot of this shit up simply because he knows he can't comprehend...What's that word...English, and so he just simply makes up various things based on the two or three words he actually knows.

It's kind of like punching a complex sentence into Wikipedia. Even the best hits usually only cover a couple of words, and clicking on it will likely give you something that is at best tangentially related to the initial topic. Thus, we get "Noid Posts." Long, linear posts, posts tangential to the original comment, posts that read like a fifth grader's book report, posts that infer things (And then take the "why should it be my fault that I was wrong?" Approach) that have no bearing on reality, or a combination of the above.

tl;dr version: Noid is dumb and illiterate.

Xero
09-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Wrongo. All it took were a few words. No effort at all. Far less than any of your photoshop pictures would.

I don't pretend not to care about what other people say. ;)

Y2Ant
09-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Wow you guys are gay.

Xero
09-25-2008, 10:56 AM
:kiss:

BigDaddyCool
09-25-2008, 11:00 AM
I just with Noid was my prosecuting attorney if I ever in trouble. It would probably go like this:

Noid: Your Honor, this man killed 5 people and then stole the priceless Hope Diamond.

BDC: I didn't. I would like to see your evidence.

Noid: Get your own evidence, I'm not doing your dirty work.

BDC: Um...ok, I was at work when all that happened. I can go get my time sheet to prove it.

Noid: Objection Your Honor, he is taking this way more seriously than I am. I didn't even pay attention to what this was about.

Judge: :wtf: I am going to have to have to find Mr. Cool not-guilty as he can prove he wasn't any where near the scene of the crime.

Noid: I meant to say Val Venis should be world champion!?!?!

Judge: Mr. Noid, I'm going to have to move that you are dismissed from the bar.

Y2Ant
09-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Clearly he would win via the Chewbacca Defense. I'd be careful if I were you, Becka.

BigDaddyCool
09-25-2008, 11:14 AM
No, he would manage to get it wrong...especially since I'm on defense, not him.

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I love how you're too stupid to make sure that you even have a clue as to what was relaly said before posting, you took bait from BDC, and now you're trying to take shots at me because you look like a tard. Poor baby. :)

No bait was taken. At all. In fact, he took the bait, as he is still going on about it. I didn't even participate in the topic at hand at first, so I fail to see how that is making the thread topic idea "worse," which doesn't even make proper sense. As far as trying to take shots at you goes? I don't need to try, you pretty much do it all yourself. Funny thing is, BDC and my exchange would probably have nothing to do with you. At all. So not only did he take the bait, but so did you. Not surprising that you bite down on everything you can.

As far as your second post went, it was boring. Firstly, I don't use what you apparently quoted me on. Secondly, I find it hilarious that a guy who accuses me of being "illiterate" consistently uses worse grammar than me. I mean, you could at least say I know the words but not the music. Might make you look a little less like a jealous jackass pointless throwing around accusations and insults of intelligent.

Your last paragraph was extremely boring. Some nerd analogy to connect me to Wikipedia. We all know how to search, KK, so you throwing around some "hard knowledge" on us by explaining how a search engine works makes you look like a retard (see, that is the proper term).

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I just with Noid was my prosecuting attorney if I ever in trouble. It would probably go like this:

Noid: Your Honor, this man killed 5 people and then stole the priceless Hope Diamond.

BDC: I didn't. I would like to see your evidence.

Noid: Get your own evidence, I'm not doing your dirty work.

BDC: Um...ok, I was at work when all that happened. I can go get my time sheet to prove it.

Noid: Objection Your Honor, he is taking this way more seriously than I am. I didn't even pay attention to what this was about.

Judge: :wtf: I am going to have to have to find Mr. Cool not-guilty as he can prove he wasn't any where near the scene of the crime.

Noid: I meant to say Val Venis should be world champion!?!?!

Judge: Mr. Noid, I'm going to have to move that you are dismissed from the bar.

The thing is we're not in a courtroom, where the onus is on me to prove you did something. I'm not at your beck and call to provide you with the information you want regarding your own behaviour.

If you specifically want the quote I am referring to, it is this:

"Christian, Sting, Angle, Nash, and Booker T never put any new talent over besides Joe, and each one of them coming in has pushed AJ Styles further down the ladder by simply signing. It is hard to believe Foley is going to do anything different.

In fact Stiener is the only former World Champion that has given a rub to any TNA home grown talents."

I took that, skimming past, as "these guys only put over Joe," which is just not true. You might not have said "Angle hates new talent," but if you're allowed to use Angle in a non-literal sense, characterising his portrayal by the company, then why can't I mock you for the same representation of Angle?

Also completely skimming over the fact that I was, in fact, just busting your chops -- Angle has put over Jay Lethal, and you are a damn inconsistent poster. For example: "Robert Roode reminds me of Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude and Shane Douglas...and not in the good way, because they did nothing" to "MVP and Robert Roode will be the feud of the year in 3-5 years time."

BigDaddyCool
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Way to finally come back to the thread and still be wrong, noid.

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Nah, I am always right over you. It's like an unwritten law of the universe.

1. God loves us all.
2. Noid > BDC
3. KK is a fat fuck
4. Xero is not funny
5. Hollywood will still churn out shitty remakes of whatever they can

TerranRich
09-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Sanest thing Noid has said in a long time

Kane Knight
LOL. It's like he came back dumber and more of a spazz.

Kane Knight
But enough about TerranRich. ;)

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
#4 in the laws of the universe can also be applied to KK. :nono:

Kane Knight
09-28-2008, 08:30 PM
#4 in the laws of the universe can also be applied to KK. :nono:

You certainly aren't one to talk on that front, Noid. :)

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2008, 08:42 PM
You certainly aren't one to talk on that front, Noid. :)

Oooh, "takes one to know one." The true mark of a creative genius.

Destor
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
LOL, the "I know you are but what am I" come back. Sick burn

Destor
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
*bunr

TerranRich
09-28-2008, 11:42 PM
But enough about TerranRich. ;)

I love you too, Kane Knight.

Wait, weren't you admitting your obsession with me? I mean, you mention me every chance you get. I just assumed you had a crush on me.

Fine, I take that back. Give me my flowers back too, you faggot.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Wasn't someone complaining about KK seeming like a creepy internet stalker once before? Or was that someone else entirely? I think it was KK.

Xerzes
09-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Needs more funny/interesting, and less fail.

TerranRich
09-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Dunno, but that about fits him. "Oh look, another TerranRich post. I think I'll make another jab at him, because I need to justify my existence."

Shadow
09-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Dunno, but that about fits him. "Oh look, another (insert name of dumbass I'm making fun of this week) post. I think I'll make another jab at him, because I need to justify my existence."

Fixed for ya...KK style.

Shadow
09-29-2008, 02:47 AM
Cause really...that's all he's ever done. He finds one poster to make fun of, hounds them every chance he gets, then moves on to the next one. Honestly, I think you guys bring it on yourselves.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
I don't think the boring, repetitive, inaccurate houndings of a lonely fat man are anything anyone "brings on themselves." I think it is the case of a jackass being a jackass to everything up to his own reflection. I don't think it matters who his target is.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 02:45 PM
More from Kurt not sounding crazy:

The Daily Star posted an interview with Kurt Angle today. He addressed a number of topics including what he'll do when his TNA contract expires next year (next September), his thoughts on Shawn Michaels, Triple H & Vince McMahon, TNA making his match at Hard Justice with AJ Styles last month "complex," and more.

His plans when his TNA contract expires: "When my contract comes up I'm going to be doing some MMA, so there it is straight up. At present I am leaning toward TNA, but I will choose whatever company is in my best interests."

How he will make his decision: "My decision will rely on how I feel about the company, and I feel pretty good right now about TNA. It comes down to where I feel I am able to fill the greater purpose. Right now TNA is the better way to go, I like being the top guy here and helping them grow."

If he'd return to WWE: "If I did go back, which is a very slim chance, my schedule would be a lot less. I just can't do it, I've wrestled twenty two years in amateur wrestling and eight as a pro. It just won't happen."

His feelings on Shawn Michaels and Triple H: "My anger has passed. I don't blame Shawn or Triple H for what I went through. When it was time for me to get help, instead of shouting out I kept my mouth shut., Trip and HBK are two of the best wrestlers who ever lived. I harbour no animosity towards them. McMahon is a billionaire who wishes he had a gold medal in the Olympics. I may not have the money, but I am a valuable commodity. He knows, and I know."

His feelings on Vince McMahon: "He is the smartest, most intelligent, and most successful promoter of all time. Him and I have had our ins and outs, and it's almost come to blows, but Vince and I have a mutual respect for each other. I know how good he he is at what he does, and he knows how good I am. No-one can break that bond, not Jeff Jarrett, not Dixie Carter. It's like a father-son bond."

TNA complicating his match with AJ Styles at Hard Justice: "We had a match at Hard Justice - I wanted to have a straight up match, one on one, but at the very last second they came to us and told us that it would be last man standing. Then they changed the rules - we had to pin each other, then after that he has ten seconds to get up, and it was all starting to get too complex."

More on TNA booking: "We have to make the fans understand what we are doing. All of a sudden we have to have a pinfall??! We are trying to be innovative, but sometimes we can be a little too innovative, and it can backfire on us. It's better to be simple so the fans understand."

I'm starting to think he has had time to think and realize he has been a dipshit for the past couple of years. I mean he is kissing Vince, HHH, and Shawn Micheals's asses through out most of the interview and is down playing TNA. He pretty much all but says TNA is a pay check to him.

I'm willing to bet he give TNA maybe another 2 years while trying to mend fences with WWE then coming back to WWE before retiring.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I would be a little shocked if Angle does sign with WWE right now, not completely...but I think he is starting to see signs that TNA is crap. Not that TNA is all crap, but it is mostly crap.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, when Angle did sign with TNA, it was fucking huge. Then they brought in Vince Russo at the same time and kind of fucked things up. Angle going to TNA should have been the final nudge to launch them into the statosphere, but instead it was just another ex-WWE guy going over there. If I were Angle, I'd honestly be a little offended. That he has stuck it out with TNA for so long is indicative of his convictions and determination as a performer.

He mentions MMA, but I think that would have an even worse toll on his body than working for the WWE, wouldn't it? I'm hoping that Vince offers him a large deal to just work a similar schedule to Shawn Michaels, and squeeze a few more years of greatness out of one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all-time.

Rob
09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
He mentions MMA, but I think that would have an even worse toll on his body than working for the WWE, wouldn't it?

Nope. The exact opposite in fact. He ain't gonna be taking back bumps and falling on his neck 200 nights a year doing MMA. And with his name and legit wrestling background, he'd make more money in one night fighting than he would in one year wrestling.

Now I await the comments from people telling me how it's better for him to do pro wrestling.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Well, when Angle did sign with TNA, it was fucking huge. Then they brought in Vince Russo at the same time and kind of fucked things up. Angle going to TNA should have been the final nudge to launch them into the statosphere, but instead it was just another ex-WWE guy going over there. If I were Angle, I'd honestly be a little offended. That he has stuck it out with TNA for so long is indicative of his convictions and determination as a performer.

No single wrestler will ever make a promotion shoot into the stratosphere by mere presents alone. WCW signed Hulk Hogan, and he did nothing for them until the NWO 2 years later. It is booking direction and upper management that sends promotions into the stratospgere, not a single wrestler. Also the fact that no one in TNA was on Kurt's level at time (and really still isn't) he either looks like a monster killing kids if he is winning, or a jackass if he is losing.

So quit acting like TNA is just one signing away from beating the WWE. It isn't the talent the sign, it is the talent they don't make that is detriming their spot in the wrestling world.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Nope. The exact opposite in fact. He ain't gonna be taking back bumps and falling on his neck 200 nights a year doing MMA. And with his name and legit wrestling background, he'd make more money in one night fighting than he would in one year wrestling.

Now I await the comments from people telling me how it's better for him to do pro wrestling.

It is better for him to do pro wrestling. Because he is to old to go with real MMA guys. They will kill him.

Business and health wise, it will be good until his first match when he get beaten to a pulp. If he does win, it will probably have been from some no name jackass. But if he goes against real guys with a real history in mma, he'll get destroyed. Then he will go back to wrestling.

If he proves me wrong and beats some real fighter, more power to him, I just doubt he will.

Rob
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
If it was some normal person, I'd see your arguement. I wouldn't agree though because wrestling with his injuries is suicide at this point of his life. He won't take anything close to the punishment in MMA. And he very well might get killed in an MMA fight. Or his wrestling might be so great that he dominates everyone at the ground. Only Lesnar can come close to his wrestling skill at 205 or 265lbs.

Getting KO'd from a punch and making $1 million or chance being crippled dropped on your head 200 nights a year for half the money. I know which I'd rather risk.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
10 Years ago, Kurt Angle would have been better. Now I don't think either is that good of a choice.

Xero
09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
In pretty much every fight they're going to be gunning for his neck. I think that alone, at best puts it on par with wrestling based on two fights a year.

Have there been successful fighters in MMA with the degree of injuries Angle has obtained over the years?

Rob
09-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Nate Quarry has a fused discs. Angle doesn't even have that yet.

And fighters will not be "gunning for his neck" as you put it.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I'll be gunning for you. :mad:

Anyhow, my gut is telling me he would get killed in MMA. Dying is a lot worse of than fake wrestling. But what do I know.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2008, 09:50 PM

You certainly know more than me on the subject, but that is assuming Kurt Angle was good at MMA, wouldn't it? I mean, he's getting broken down and getting older.

Obviously a full-time WWE schedule would be far more tiring, but would Angle need to settle for a full-time WWE thing?

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2008, 09:53 PM
No single wrestler will ever make a promotion shoot into the stratosphere by mere presents alone. WCW signed Hulk Hogan, and he did nothing for them until the NWO 2 years later. It is booking direction and upper management that sends promotions into the stratospgere, not a single wrestler. Also the fact that no one in TNA was on Kurt's level at time (and really still isn't) he either looks like a monster killing kids if he is winning, or a jackass if he is losing.

So quit acting like TNA is just one signing away from beating the WWE. It isn't the talent the sign, it is the talent they don't make that is detriming their spot in the wrestling world.

I meant that Angle should have led to the wrestling, booking and credibility being raised to the point where TNA had all the tools it needed to become a strong second promotion. Way to be wrong, BDC. :roll:

Sound familiar? It's easy to misinterpret stuff. Of course Angle wasn't going to boost the promotion to WWE-level overnight, but it certainly generated a lot of interest to the promotion, and coupled with good booking, good wrestling and new stars being created, TNA would have appeared to have been in a much better spot. Instead they fumbled it badly.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Nate Quarry has a fused discs. Angle doesn't even have that yet.

And fighters will not be "gunning for his neck" as you put it.

Are you sure? I mean, I'd feel bad crippling a guy, but if Kurt Angle was coming after me, I'd either go for the neck or the testicles.