PDA

View Full Version : Lego Batman (Post-Release Thread)

Kenny
09-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Did anyone else get a copy today? Strangely enough I'm quite thrilled about my Lego Batman Keychain from Gamestop.

Anyway, this game was totally worth it. I was slightly disappointed with Mercenaries 2, and very disappointed with TNA Impact, so I was really hoping this game would pay off.

It's a very easy, but fun game to play. The cut scenes are hilarious, and a second player can jump in and out of the game at any time.

The "Bat Cave" is where you go to choose your next level, buy costume upgrades and extra characters, view trophies and awards, and so on. There are three main stories.

The only one I completed thus far dubs the Riddler and Two-Face as the main villains. Although I finished an entire chapter, I have only completed 7.6% of the game which means there is a LOT of replay value and extras.

It's just an awesome game. If you're considering it, it's worth it.

Fryza
09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Which keychain did you get?

Kenny
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Batman himself. I was kind of hoping for Joker, but Batman will do.

Fryza
09-23-2008, 10:45 PM
The GameStop I work at sold out of them fast. We still have a lot of reserves, but the keychains have already vanished.

Disturbed316
09-24-2008, 05:17 AM
I love all the Lego... games. Got Lego Indy a while back and think I enjoyed that more than the Star Wars ones. Will certainly be picking this up upon release.

Team Sheep
09-24-2008, 11:26 AM
How do you unlock the new levels on Lego Indie? I dunno how :$

Disturbed316
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Um play through the game? :?:

Or do you mean the secret levels?

Team Sheep
09-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeh the secret ones. I've completed all the regular levels.

Kenny
09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
This game is flat out awesome. For those of you who have played Lego Batman, are the previous Lego games similar to this one?

Between all of the regular missions plus all of the unlockable content, this game could keep me busy for weeks.

After you beat a Chapter, you can unlock the Arkham Asylum which is the evil equivalent to the Bat Cave. From there, you can play missions as villains and unlock them as playable characters. This game has it all.

The game plays really well too. You can throw the Bat-a-rang just like Batman by holding Square and then taking a cursor past all of your targets. Lets say there are 4 guys standing side by side, if you take your cursor past all 4 it locks on to all of them and nails them all before coming back to you.

There are many elements of the levels where you have to unlock characters to find all of the hidden content. For example, in level one you have to unlock Mr. Freeze to walk on acid as well as several extra suits that allow you to interact with the environment in different ways.

I could go on all day... bottom line is that this is a good game. I'd give it a 10 out of 10, and this is the kind of game I see myself referring back to in decades to come.

Bad Company
09-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Is it better than indiana jones, cause I thought that was shit. Loved the first and second star wars though.

Disturbed316
09-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeh the secret ones. I've completed all the regular levels.

You've got to collect all the treasure chests during the level, on all levels. Then use a diamond you find in Indy's office on the stand in the middle of the artifact room.

Team Sheep
09-25-2008, 03:12 PM
You've got to collect all the treasure chests during the level, on all levels. Then use a diamond you find in Indy's office on the stand in the middle of the artifact room.

Ah right. Cheers.

thedamndest
09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Is it better than indiana jones, cause I thought that was shit. Loved the first and second star wars though.

I guess it depends what you didn't like about Indiana Jones. I thought they did a good job adding replay value with all the stuff you can unlock, but then again, light sabre > whip. The gameplay in Batman is identical to the other three, but more similar to Indy and the second Star Wars in that the levels are more puzzle based than "go from point A to B and fight these guys."

ozzman6669
09-25-2008, 05:28 PM
I liked the Indy demo so, wich one of the three would you recommend me??

thedamndest
09-25-2008, 05:33 PM
If you like Batman best, Batman. If you like Indy best, Indy. If you like Star Wars, Star Wars. I like the game play and that is consistent in every game, so whichever movie/comic you like the best, chances are you will like the game the best. They can all be beaten in a rental, but unlocking everything and exploring can take more than that. You can probably pick up Star Wars pretty cheap by now. Just some things to keep in mind.

ozzman6669
09-25-2008, 05:42 PM
And for the time it took for the story mode, do they all take the same time??

thedamndest
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Well I can't speak for Batman because I haven't beaten it yet. Each Star Wars and Indy had three episodes divided into six levels (not counting hidden levels). Then once you beat them in story mode you can play them in free play and explore the level and find all the stuff you couldn't get before, which there is more of in Indy and so far it seems like Batman.

BigDaddyCool
09-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I rented The Complete Star Wars Saga last night. It is fun, but I can see getting tired of it. I'm guessing Batman and Indy are about the same game play, am I right?

Destor
09-26-2008, 10:35 AM
right

BigDaddyCool
09-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't mind getting a copy of my own when it is like $20.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Indy was shot. OH WOW I HAVE A THROWABLE WEAPON BUT LETS TARGET INANIMATE OBJECTS FIRST.

Then the picking up of tools or fire and you had to drop on.

This ones pretty fun, but I hate playing on my own. I'll wait until someones round and playing with me.

Shaggy
09-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I was wondering today what other games they could make in the lego universe...

We should probably expect somethings like these...

Lego Justice League
Lego Marvel Universe or atleast Lego X-Men

I would love Lego Die Hard or Lego Evil Dead....but I already know neither of those two would ever get made.

thedamndest
09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Lego Terminator would be sweet.

Team Sheep
09-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Lego Spiderman

#BROKEN Hasney
09-28-2008, 08:26 AM
I hope the next one isn't as much as a copy and paste gameplay job. Getting kinda bored of these now.

thedamndest
09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean wouldn't surprise me.

Fryza
09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
LEGO Halo.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Lego: Lego?

Disturbed316
09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Lego Rock Band

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Lego WWE?

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Man, this game is buggy as hell. I just had my 3rd bug which meant I had to start the level again.

Playing on the Wii so I'm not sure if it's different on the other versions.

BigDaddyCool
09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
The Wii is for children and hip grandmas.

Dorkchop
10-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Lego Batman is awesome. I had the most fun playing the first Lego Star Wars, but most of that had to do with it being completely new... and I also played most of it with a friend. Lego Indiana Jones was pretty good, but Batman is the best Lego game. I like the dark Batman atmosphere of the levels.

My favorite part of the game is that you can play each level from the villains' side making this the largest Lego game so far. The villains' levels are completely new areas too.

I finished the game on my Wii, but actually haven't encountered a single bug yet. Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii was pretty buggy. I have to go back and collect a lot of shit.

Bane is my favorite character to play as.

Jeritron
10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I think the next one was going to be Lego Harry Potter, which is lame because I'm not interested in the franchise at all, but for those who are, they should dig it.

I'd like to see Xmen or Spiderman or something to that effect, but I don't think they even have a deal with Lego toys and thats the first step to getting a lego game.