PDA

View Full Version : Battle Fantasia for the 360 and later the PS3)

Funky Fly
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Just picked this up. It's a 2.5D fighter from Arc System works.

Haven't put a whole lot of time into it yet, but so far it's decent , but definitely not the best as far as fighters go. They've got nice mix of characters (only 12 tho :n:</>) with fairly different styles, although not nearly as varied or whacked out as the Guilty Gear series. One thing I don't like is that there are basically 2 shotos in the game (1 is enough). However, they have this semi-rpg system where the guys can level up or down in the fight and all the characters are at different levels by default (with way different HP levels to boot).

The parry system and heat modes are functional, but still feel like 3rd rate GGXX systems.

It's a decent game thus far as I said, but I'd say I'm kinda dissappointed overall, considering the people behind it. You PS3-having bastards should be happy, tho. You get this and BlazBlue (the spiritual sequel to the Guilty Gear series) to tide you over till Tekken 6 comes out.

U-Warrior
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks. Would'v got this but now i'll steer clear. Just picked up guilty gear xx on xbox originals. Lovin it so far.

Funky Fly
09-30-2008, 02:40 AM
If I were you, I'd give it a rental or pick it up when it goes bargain bin. Also, I would have picked up a GGXX Reload rather than the download. Similar price for slightly enhanced gameplay and graphics plus ABA.

U-Warrior
09-30-2008, 02:42 AM
That might be the one I have, tbh. Can't remember if "reload" is in the title or not.

Kalyx triaD
02-01-2009, 08:36 AM
We got this game in yesterday. Pretty basic 2D gameplay with some RPG-ish designs. A decent time waster, and digital ecstasy for someone who loves quirky Jap aesthetics. Part 2 should be impressive.

Khuntry
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
You can see how Capcom got its idea for Street Fighter 4

Kalyx triaD
02-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Helps that they did it better.

Funky Fly
02-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah, this is no Street Fighter game for sure. For starters, the way half the people play is more reminiscent of Guilty Gear and King of Fighters. You gonna tell me you've seen play mechanics like Face's in SF2? Doubtful.

Kalyx triaD
02-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I think they should have taken the RPG theme even farther. Like usable items in-game. That would probably make this more a brawl-type but that would help the game.

Funky Fly
02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, but I don't see it being implemented too well.

Kalyx triaD
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Actually if Marvel Superheroes had Infinity Gems that were pretty much items during gameplay I think something like that could work in this game.