PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Match

Ferocious
03-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Right OK I know this has probably been done a gazillion times b4 but I'm A Newbie and didnt see it :P.

What is Everyones Favourite Match since the year 2000?

My Vote may seem a slightly strange choice but here goes.

The WWE Tag Title Match at No Mercy 2002

Edge & Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit

This was the final match of Stephanies Tag Team Tournament, in this match you have one of the most exciting talents in the WWE Rey Mysterio. You've got possibly the most charismatic star since Shawn Michaels in Edge and you've also got Benoit and Angle who are without a doubt the two best workers in the WWE. So on paper this match looked great but it surpassed all of my expectations from a tag match It was brilliantly worked throughout the crowd got involved at the amount of near falls and finisher reversals (Mysterio reversed an Angle Slam into an arm drag) And when angle hit edge with a spear it had more impact than goldberg

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-21-2004, 05:20 PM
The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan, WrestleMania X8
- for the reason that I completely marked out for Hulk and was unbelievablly into the match until any other match I saw since I was much younger around 12 years old rooting for HBK as the WWF Champ. Great match.

John la Rock
03-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Ya this has been done a million times but whatever it's always fun.

Mine is The Rock vs Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania X8. I saw it live in the Skydome and it was great. 68,000 people cheering for Hogan and 68,000 booing Rock out of the building. The match was so exciting from top to bottom and it is one match that I will never forget :y:

The Ravishing One
03-21-2004, 05:28 PM
The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan, WrestleMania X8

Just because Hulkamania didnt die, and was great to go old school

Boondock Saint
03-21-2004, 06:07 PM
I dunno. I have a lot of them...one of my all-time favorites is:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle for the WWF title at Summerslam 2001. I was completely into that match and loved every minute of it.

BasicThuganomics
03-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Austin vs HHH 3 Stages of Hell

I've always loved the concept of that match and I thought that it was pulled off great that night. Plus it was a great build up with nothing on the line except just hatred between two men. I never get tired of this match.

wheresmaven
03-21-2004, 06:17 PM
I think any one of the TLC matches. Awesome moves, great use of the T,L,&C's. Matches that will probably historic.

BasicThuganomics
03-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah and Y2J v HBK @ Wrestlemania was great too, especially considering it wasn't a gimmick match...

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, Mania 13
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat, Wrestlewar '89
Chris Benoit vs. Steve Austin, Smackdown, June '01