PDA

View Full Version : Emulators on PSP..

Kris P Lettus
10-03-2008, 04:11 PM
So my little bro is much smarter about computers than me.. He just got a PSP and is trying to figure out a way to put game onto the memory stick.. He was telling me that he just has to get pass the block that Sony put on it, to keep people from downloading actual PSP games..

I'd like to just get some oldskool games like Mario, Contra, Techmo Bowl, Galaga, etc..

Has anyone seen or heard of putting emulators on a PSP??

D Mac
10-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah I done it with Custom Firmware. You can play downloaded games and homebrew off the memory stick too.
http://exophase.com/dax/
Dark-AleX is the best for custom firmware. Instructions are all over the net.

Kris P Lettus
10-03-2008, 04:31 PM
So that's just a program that will allow me to d/l and play games off my memory stick??

Are there oldskool Nintendo games out there that would work on PSP??

jcmoorehead
10-03-2008, 04:41 PM
So that's just a program that will allow me to d/l and play games off my memory stick??

Are there oldskool Nintendo games out there that would work on PSP??

It's not so much a program but something that completely hacks the firmware of your PSP changing it to a customised version. From there you can exploit holes in the PSP to run user made software on it such as emulators.

I've had mine modded since I got it and use it for SNES, Genesis emulation and also going to try to get an Amiga emulator on there.

It is however something that I would not advise doing unless you are completely sure about what you are doing and are willing to accept the risks involved. It is possible that something could go wrong and you can brick your PSP so make sure you follow instructions given carefully.

Here is another good site that I used to use a while ago, not sure if it's up to date or not as I haven't bothered looking around at this for a while. http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/

Boomer
10-04-2008, 02:55 AM
The PSP emulator ports are for the most part really well done. To my knowledge, all NES, GBA, and Genesis games can be played perfectly. SNES has some speed problems on a good number of games (mostly late SNES era), but works for a lot as well.