PDA

View Full Version : Rhyno Yay or Nay?

Rollermacka
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wvUC0Xo2v_U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wvUC0Xo2v_U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now, I know you guy love talking about Norman Smiley and Wrath as much as the next guy but lets move onto Rhyno. Rhyno has been in WWE, TNA and ECW how do you feel about him? I though Rhyno in ECW as the man-beast was amazing. Powerbombing people through tables, piledriving them off the ring appron to the floor. and ofcourse goring the crap out of everyone in his path. Possibly one of my fondest memories of ECW is when Kid Kash was getting the crap kick out of him by The Network, Sandman's music hits, he dose his 10 min entrance drinking beer and partying with fans while Kash in getting stomped. He finally get to the ring, swings the cane at Rhyno, he ducks and gores the crap out of him. In WWE he was always one of the those mid-card guys that coulda got a main event push but never really got it. He was a good addition to the hardcore and tag team divisions though. In TNA I really hate how they made in a 15 min champ and he lost it at a house show and never got it back. He has always been a solid kinda "monster" character and a much better man than alot of perople for putting up with the way his personal life had been used in wrestling. I'd say YAY Rhyno in ECW, but kinda Meh to WWE/TNA Rhyno.

Xero
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/lolwtfrobinson.jpg
"RHYNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

DaveBrawl
10-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Never saw much of him in ECW, but he's been pretty meh lately in my opinion.

thedamndest
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
I loved him as "The Rookie Monster" in ECW when he was with Corino. His run in WWE was about what you would expect of a former ECW guy, maybe a little better considering he had an injury during the course of it. I'm giving him a yay.

Lock Jaw
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Never seen him in ECW.

Went from yay to meh in WWE.

Went from yay to meh in TNA.

So... I guess... right now he is meh, but he definitely has the talent and possibility to be a yay.

GD
10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Yay. The gore was great.

Ruien
10-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I always hated Rhyno (Never seen him in ECW). He was good at 1 gimmick, that is not enough for me. Was not so hot in the ring eithier, one of those wrestlers that bored me for no reason.

Ruien
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Paul Heyman screaming gore would get a YEY though.

Xero
10-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Mike Adamle: Heymon! It's Paul Heyman!

Lock Jaw
10-06-2008, 03:37 PM
I hate how he's turned "GORE! GOOORE! GOOOOOOOORE!!" into a catchphrase now. Even worse is when Don West tries to do it. He's just like "OH! Rhyno just hit him with The Gore. Gore. Gore."

Gertner
10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
ECW: Yay
WWE: meh
TNA: Nay

HeartBreakMan2k
10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm starting to feel like a broken record with a lot of my answers in terms of some of these guys.

Very Yay in ECW, Meh to Nay everywhere else. Considering how many times I've said that about the different guys we've used here, I think it shows a lot for Paul E's ability to book a worker by hiding the negative and exintuating the positive.

Disturbed316
10-06-2008, 04:29 PM
ECW = Yay
WWE = Meh to yay
TNA = Meh

Favourite match of his from WWE:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k3JJI2nhy0w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k3JJI2nhy0w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:love: Gore to shopping cart :love:

Juan
10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed his work in ECW and all throughout WWE.

Heros Welcome
10-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Rhyno in ECW was AWESOME! I thought he was great and his time there was definitely my favorite for his character. YAY

WWE he was ok, I still liked him for what he had did but it was lesser to his ECW work. Meh

TNA...ugh..He came in with a bang which was great. Only to have him job out 3 nights later on impact to Jarrett. Then he became the stepping stone for people trying to move up the card. TNA Rhyno...NAY

YAY gets my vote since I liked him that much in ECW.

Dorkchop
10-06-2008, 05:41 PM
ECW Rhino was awesome.

WWE Rhyno had moments of aweosomeness. WWE never really wanted to do anything with him.

TNA Rhino has been blah. I don't know if it's his fault or not, but he's rarely on tv. He's still young enough to have some great matches.

Mr. Nerfect
10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I personally really like Rhyno. He gets a yay from me. In ECW, he was apparently the goods. He was the guy Paul Heyman was trying to get over. When he came to the WWE, he was one of the few Alliance guys that looked like a star. I remember the night he got suspended, and it was truly a moment to mark out for when he looked ready to take on the entire Alliance.

When he returned to the WWE, however, it was like they had no clue what to do with him. I thought this was pretty weird, because Heyman was writing for SmackDown! at the time, I think. Then he got shipped off to RAW, and unfortunately his tag team with Tajiri didn't go anywhere (I think they definitely should have eventually gone over La Resistance for the World Tag Team Championship).

In TNA, I've quite enjoyed Rhino. I feel his gimmick has slipped, though. It did that in the WWE, too. He's just a guy now, and the intensity feels forced, instead of built-in. I'm glad he got to walk out of the first Bound For Glory as NWA World Heavyweight Champion, though.

If I were Rhyno/Rhino, I'd consider returning to the WWE. He'd be an awesome part of the ECW brand.

Nowhere Man
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Rhino's a fun strong-guy wrestler, never really great enough to be a legit main-eventer, but having him doesn't make the roster any weaker. He's also got kind of that Kane-effect where he can be jobbed out to oblivion but still remain somewhat over, so he at least has that going for him when the bookers forget what to do with him.

The Optimist
10-07-2008, 05:20 AM
Ah awesome. I like how the vote's gone. I watched the waning days of ECW, when he was the man. I'm using some powerful rose-colored glasses, but I'd still pop for him.