PDA

View Full Version : Should there be two woman's titles?

Rollermacka
10-11-2008, 12:08 PM
I touched base on this once before but do you think there's enough female "talent" between the three shows to have 2 belts? I mean they dont have that many females on the roster and just have one female belt on all three shows is enough for me. Besides this way we can see matches like Beth Vs Natalya (and it wouldnt have to be a bra & panties or mud match to be entertaining.)

PS Bre Belly kinda getting anoying with the twin thing or is it just me?

thedamndest
10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
No. There should not be two women's titles. As you have said, the roster lacks the depth to create the interesting and meaningful feuds that make having a title worthwhile.

Coming soon: the ECW Women's Championship!

MoFo
10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
If you count the likes of Candice Michelle as talent, then yeah, WWE has enough on the roster to warrant 2 titles. By my count, WWE has about 2 talented females, making the whole idea a farce.

RGWhat316
10-11-2008, 03:45 PM
It doesn't bother me too much that there are 2 womens titles. The only thing I think is that there should be some roster changes. The more experienced actual wrestlers such as Beth, Mickie, Melina, Katie, Natalya, Victoria, and Jillian should be for the womens title. And the models turned wrestlers such as Michelle, Maryse, Kelly, Maria, Candice, and Brie should be ones going for the divas title.

6to1
10-11-2008, 04:24 PM
i wonder where they got the diva belt from, it looks like they got the idea from dollywood, all they need now is for dolly parton to win it.

Destor
10-11-2008, 05:12 PM
No

Hanso Amore
10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I hate the fact that there is 2, because it just gives them more reason to keep all their crap.

Smackdown should have the only women's title since they dont have as much male talent as Raw.

Keep Michelle,Mickie, beth, natalya, melina, Jillian and Victoria because they can work, and keep 1 or 2 models at most (Maryse and Kelly have made the most improvement and will be nude in playboy, which is half of what keeps their jobs)

Fire the rest.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2008, 08:17 PM
I personally think there are enough women to keep two divisions for the women going. I mean, when you really look at which women in the WWE are talented, you've got Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Natalya, Victoria and Jillian Hall. If Gail Kim signs with the WWE, you can add her to that list. Michelle McCool is not one of my favourites, but I am quite enjoying her work. She and Melina are sort of just outside that group of talented ladies. Brie Bella has been fun, and Kelly Kelly, Maria and Maryse have all been improving. That is way too many women for one division to contain, especially when you consider that the WWE can't handle great depths of talent. Titles help keep them bouyant and noticeable.

What the WWE does need to do, is put the belt on the right girls (ie. NOT Candice Michelle). They need to keep the ladies on each show fresh, and distribute their talented women and improving women either evenly, to create two good women's divisions, or have the real wrestlers go after one belt, and use the other as an elevating belt.

Kane Knight
10-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Should they even have one? Sadly, not even joking this time.

St. Jimmy
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
All women should have two titties.

Destor
10-11-2008, 09:33 PM
three if possible

thedamndest
10-11-2008, 09:46 PM
You will have to move to Mars for that.

Ruien
10-11-2008, 10:10 PM
It doesn't bother me too much that there are 2 womens titles. The only thing I think is that there should be some roster changes. The more experienced actual wrestlers such as Beth, Mickie, Melina, Katie, Natalya, Victoria, and Jillian should be for the womens title. And the models turned wrestlers such as Michelle, Maryse, Kelly, Maria, Candice, and Brie should be ones going for the divas title.

I may be wrong, but the Brie twins are acual wrestlers.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I may be wrong, but the Brie twins are acual wrestlers.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. They are former soccer plays turned models/actresses/whatever that got signed to the WWE for whatever reason. They have come along really fast it seems, and I'd chalk that up to their athletic background.

They also seem to be paying their dues quite well. The poor twin under the ring is often there for half the show. Unnecessarily, it seems. I may be wrong, but I'm predicting a strong growth for them as wrestlers.

thedamndest
10-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah, there is definitely a way to get the other twin out. During commercial breaks they turned out all the lights and showed footage of stuff on the Tron while a crew of guys in black walked around the ring. It wouldn't take much for the twin to dress up like one of the guys and sneak out while the audience is diverted by the screen in the dark. But I'm guessing it's not a priority and they would rather not risk breaking kayfabe than cater to the twins' comfort.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah, there is definitely a way to get the other twin out. During commercial breaks they turned out all the lights and showed footage of stuff on the Tron while a crew of guys in black walked around the ring. It wouldn't take much for the twin to dress up like one of the guys and sneak out while the audience is diverted by the screen in the dark. But I'm guessing it's not a priority and they would rather not risk breaking kayfabe than cater to the twins' comfort.

That's exactly it. It'd be easy to get them out, but they keep them under there for a while, and have them come down a while before their match actually starts.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2008, 11:38 PM

That's exactly it. It'd be easy to get them out, but they keep them under there for a while, and have them come down a while before their match actually starts.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2008, 11:45 PM