PDA

View Full Version : SD spoilers of the heel turn variety???

Splaya
10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
http://www.wrestlezone.com//images/spacer.gif
WWE taped this week's edition of SmackDown from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Special thanks to Wrestling News World readers Greg Curley, Kevin Benford, and David for text-messaging the following results. If you are attending a WWE event in the near future and would be interested in assisting with our weekly live coverage please email your name, mobile number, and show date to wnwryan [at] yahoo.com (wnwryan@yahoo.com).

* The entire upper level is of the arena is tarped off.

* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.

* A video promoting SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 is shown.

Dark Match:
* Ricky Ortiz b. Gavin Spears in a squash match. The crowd could have cared less.

* Following ECW, The Miz emerged from underneath the ring with his mouth gagged and his hands tied. Cryme Tyme worked the crowd at ringside.

SmackDown: (Airing This Friday 10/17)
* Big Show opens SmackDown accompanied by Chavo Guerrero. He talks about the Undertaker's chin and says that Undertaker has lost his mind for interfering with his match against Triple H.

Big Show then proceeds to announce the stipulations that fans will be able to vote for in his match against Undertaker at Cyber Sunday. They are:

* Last Man Standing Match
* I Quit Match
* A Knockout Match

Big Show then demonstrates each type of match with a jobber. He dominates them all effortlessly.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
- Primo Colon got the win via pinfall following a drop kick off the top rope.

* MVP comes out and cuts a promo and talks about the longest United States Title Reign. He then talks about how he's going to do what Shelton Benjamin can't and beat R-Truth.

* R-Truth b. MVP
- R-Truth entered through the crowd. He got the win with the spinning axe kick.

* Big Show & The Great Khali are in the ring for a promo. Vickie comes out and says she wants Khali to take out Undertaker. Khali doesn't want to be a pawn. Khali and Big Show stare each other down to end the segment.

* Brian Kendrick comes out the the ring. He says due to doctor's orders he can't wrestle against Super Crazy tonight. He says that Ezekiel will wrestle in his place.

* Ezekiel Jackson b. Super Crazy in a squash match.

* Triple H comes out and talks about his upcoming match at Cyber Sunday against either Jeff Hardy (http://www.wrestlezone.com//article.php?articleid=226042932#), Vladimir Kozlov, or both.

* Undertaker vs. The Great Khali
- The match ends in disqualification when Big Show comes out and choke slams Undertaker. Big Show grabs a chair and wants The Great Khali to hit the Undertaker. Khali chops the chair out of Big Show's hands and leaves the ring.

* Maria b. Victoria, Natalya, Maryse, Brie Bella in a "Las Vegas Poll Match"
- Maria got the win in a quick match. She will now get a title shot against Michelle McCool (http://www.wrestlezone.com//article.php?articleid=226042932#).

* Triple H vs. Undertaker is announced for next week's edition of SmackDown.

* Jesse & Festus b. Kenny Dykstra & Brian Kendrick
- Festus gets the win via pinfall on Kenny.

* Triple H comes out in street clothes to join Jim Ross and Tazz.

* Vladamir Kozlov b. Jeff Hardy
- Vladamir Kozlov corners Jeff Hardy and hits a big running (http://www.wrestlezone.com//article.php?articleid=226042932#) power slam. Kozlov then locks an arm bar on the mat. Jeff finally gets up and hits two whisper in the winds. He goes to the top and jumps off. He misses. Kozlov regains control and wins with a headbutt.

After the match Triple H gets in the ring and taunts Kozlov with the belt. Kozlov leaves and Triple H helps Hardy. Triple H then raises Hardy's hand, kicks him, and hits a pedigree to send SmackDown off the air.

Does this mean Trips is going to turn finally?

KingofOldSchool
10-15-2008, 12:17 AM
No, it's just Trips being Trips.

FourFifty
10-15-2008, 12:19 AM
By that logic Hardy would have turned heel for hitting the twist of fate on Trips a few weeks back.

Shadow
10-15-2008, 12:25 AM
What the 450 said.

AKin3D
10-15-2008, 12:42 AM
http://www.wrestlezone.com//images/spacer.gif

* Brian Kendrick comes out the the ring. He says due to doctor's orders he can't wrestle against Super Crazy tonight. He says that Ezekiel will wrestle in his place.

* Jesse & Festus b. Kenny Dykstra & Brian Kendrick

:wtf:

Shadow
10-15-2008, 12:46 AM
He's allergic to Mexicans and needed a week to get a special pill.

Juan
10-15-2008, 12:58 AM
:wtf:

I bet it's supposed to say Ryan Braddock.

Lux
10-15-2008, 01:01 AM
What the 450 said.

What Shadow said.

AKin3D
10-15-2008, 01:17 AM
I bet it's supposed to say Ryan Braddock.

ah

DaVe
10-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Triple H vs. Taker - nice, when was the last time they wrestled?

And yeah, like everyone else has said: Jeff Hardy must've also turned heel multiple times for the multiple twists of fate he's given to Triple H over the last few months.

Lux
10-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Trips vs Taker, this should be interesting as they don't like eachother.

Tazz Dan
10-15-2008, 05:31 AM
By that logic Hardy would have turned heel for hitting the twist of fate on Trips a few weeks back.

What the 450 said.

What Shadow said.

FourFifty
10-15-2008, 05:31 AM
(see Tazz Dan's previous post)

Dave Youell
10-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I can't believe they are wasting Taker/HHH on TV, you know that's going to be over in less than 5 minutes with a few run ins to promote the PPV

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-15-2008, 07:39 AM
So they aren't really wasting it are they?

Wasting it would be having a full match at SD or something without any build up or reason. But it seems like there will be run ins.

Plus now that they're on the same show you know there will be a fued once one of them turns heel(Hunter)

Jeritron
10-15-2008, 11:25 AM
I hope they build the HHH/Jeff Hardy rivalry to Mania.
They should end up allies and a face tag team in the next month or so

Splaya
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I can really start to see Hardy winning either the Rumble or the SD Elimination chamber to determine who faces HHH at Wrestlemania.

Dave Youell
10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
So they aren't really wasting it are they?

I know,

But either way, it's super obvious booking and/or a waste of a PPV match that could of had loads of build as they haven't faced off since mania 17.

It's just lazy booking IMO

They could of come up with something else this week and saved the Kozlov/Jeff match till next week.

Or they could set up a tag for next week or something

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I know,

But either way, it's super obvious booking and/or a waste of a PPV match that could of had loads of build as they haven't faced off since mania 17.

While they didn't have more of a high profile match, I'm sure they faced off a few times during the Brothers of Destruction/ 2 Man Power Trip feud before Trips mushed up his leg.

XL
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
That fued was following WMX7 wasn't it so it's still been years. Plus, it was more HHH v Kane, Taker v Austin.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Taker and Triple H also feuded and wrestled in 2002 for the record

XL
10-15-2008, 02:52 PM
They wrestled in the Main Event of KotR '02 but wasn't that a Triple Threat involving The Rock?

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah that was triple threat. All in all they haven't actually feuded properly since the WMX7 'I've beaten everyone there is to beat' story.

XL
10-15-2008, 10:10 PM
So we're in agreement that WMX7 was the last time they had a real, singles fued. Which means it's been 7 years...just long enough for all wrestling fans to have forgotten it!

NeanderCarl
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
It's the Jim Cornette "Seven Year Rule".

DaVe
10-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I think Smackdown is going to continue putting on big-time main events to headline each show. Not only because JR said so, but also because they need to do this in order to build their audience back up (and obviously try to entice new viewers).

Also, Smackdown is the #1 wrestling show of the WWE.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-17-2008, 01:05 AM
So we're in agreement that WMX7 was the last time they had a real, singles fued. Which means it's been 7 years...just long enough for all wrestling fans to have forgotten it!
They wrestled one on one at Insurrexion in 2002.

Afterlife
10-17-2008, 02:20 AM
I remember H about to be powerbombed and stopping it by cracking Taker's head with a hammer. Was that Mania?

Dave Youell
10-17-2008, 06:46 AM
I remember H about to be powerbombed and stopping it by cracking Taker's head with a hammer. Was that Mania?

:y: