PDA

View Full Version : Better Tag Team #2

thedamndest
10-16-2008, 01:08 AM
WHAAAAAAT A RUSH!!! It was Doomsday for the Steiner Brothers, but can the Legion of Doom stand up to their next challenge on their quest to tag team immortality?

The Road Warriors
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2003/10/21/lod2.gif

vs.

The Rockers
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Wrestlemania20/2004/03/14/rockers.jpg

<select><option selected="selected">Better Tag Team History</option><option>Road Warriors v. Steiners (33-3)</option></select>

<select><option selected="selected">Better Tag Team Hall of Fame</option></select>

Juan
10-16-2008, 01:15 AM
As big a Rockers mark that I am, their accomplishments as a tag team are not nearly as great as what the Road Warriors did.

MCEazy
10-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Had they won championships i'd be picking the rockers easily, their high flying style was definitely ahead of their time, but they cannot come close to matching the RW's success.

AKin3D
10-16-2008, 01:55 AM
I loved the Rockers as a Kid, but LOD wins this one for me. I recall these guys in a match where everyone talking about the high flying Rockers giving LOD a run for their money. Then LOD showed that they could climb the top turnbuckle too.

Gertner
10-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Rockers. People forget their AWA years in which they were the only watchable thing. They were doing double team moves that teams still use. Epic matches there espcially with Badd Company, Orton and Adonis, Somers and Rose, and the Rock and Roll Express

Juan
10-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Had they won championships i'd be picking the rockers easily, their high flying style was definitely ahead of their time, but they cannot come close to matching the RW's success.

Ahem

<div><object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k2Ti20wiQvfYtRAu9M&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k2Ti20wiQvfYtRAu9M&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56do6_the-hart-foundation-vs-the-rockers_sport">The Hart Foundation vs The Rockers - 2 of 3 falls - 2/2 - VF</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/TCM60200-">TCM60200-</a></i></div>

Juan
10-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Reminds of all the good matches these two teams had.

The Mackem
10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Both great, personally Rockers just shade LOD

Ruien
10-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Road Warriors easy.

DaveBrawl
10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Still gotta be the Road Warriors.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2008, 09:34 AM
When you are talking about tag teams, Road Warriors are probably going to beat everyone.

They suck by themselves but are unbeatable together.

Theo Dious
10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
I did think a good bit about this and gave it to the Rockers. The Road Warriors were certainly more successful and had a great impact on tag team wrestling, but when you listen to wrestlers talk about who they were inspired by, they seem to name Shawn and Marty in greater frequency. Could be just me. Also, I was never terribly excited by LOD, they always struck me as a couple of painted-faced muscleheads with dumb looking shoulder pads.

Theo Dious
10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Also, their finishing move was named after a Star Trek episode, for fuck's sake. :shifty:

DaveBrawl
10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
How dare you mock the shoulder pads.:foc:

thedamndest
10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Giving it to the Road Warriors here. You can't take anything away from the Rockers. Certainly they were innovators in their own field, but the Legion of Doom were not only awesome, but stayed together for much longer than the Rockers. I feel they match up well in terms of skill level relative to their respective skill sets/psychology, but I'm giving LOD the edge because to keep a tag team/gimmick together that long (not counting Droz days) says a lot about how over you are.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Both the Steiners and the Rockers are good teams, but Road Warriors are a great team. I certainly hope the Steiners and Rockers get another chance.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Giving it to the Road Warriors here. You can't take anything away from the Rockers. Certainly they were innovators in their own field, but the Legion of Doom were not only awesome, but stayed together for much longer than the Rockers. I feel they match up well in terms of skill level relative to their respective skill sets/psychology, but I'm giving LOD the edge because to keep a tag team/gimmick together that long (not counting Droz days) says a lot about how over you are.

Not only that, they were a top tag team in every major company while living. Sure, the Dudleys may have been too, but the major companies the Dudley's worked for pale in comparison to the Road Warriors.

thedamndest
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Is there an LOD dvd? If there isn't there probably should be. With bonus features of James Laurinitis nearly killing men on his way to the NFL.

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2008, 11:07 AM
There have been a few.

Destor
10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
I've said many times that the Rockers were massively over rated and nothing more than a Midnight Express knockoff. Everthing they're credited for doing they flat out stole. :n:

BigDaddyCool
10-16-2008, 01:31 PM
But Shawn Micheals is still one of the greatest singles wrestlers of all time.

Destor
10-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Without a doubt.

Mercury Bullet
10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I loved the Rockers but they just didn't accomplish nearly enough to even be on par with LOD.

thedamndest
10-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I've said many times that the Rockers were massively over rated and nothing more than a Midnight Express knockoff. Everthing they're credited for doing they flat out stole. :n:

Nobody would have voted for the Midnight Express. :roll:

Blue Demon
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Both are good...but Road Warriors are legendary. They are my fave team, bar none.

Destor
10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Nobody would have voted for the Midnight Express. :roll:
Totally agree, but that only shows how little TPWW knows about old school wrestling.

Afterlife
10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Marty. And Shawn, wether you like him or not, has been one of the most successful guys ever. Nothin' against LOD, but I had to go Rockers.

Destor
10-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Shawns succes after this Tag Team has nothing to do with this poll, ftr.

Loose Cannon
10-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I'll say this.

Road Warrios easily here. Rockers were my favorite team when I was 9 years old, besides The Harts, but Road Warriors were very influential and made a ton of money.

Midnight Express are easily a top 3 tag team of all-time imo. Lots of arguments can be made, of course, but they were very very good. This includes the Kangaroos, The Feebirds, The Andersons (Gene/Ole), The Bulldogs, The Road Warriors and others I'm missing.

Afterlife
10-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Shawns succes after this Tag Team has nothing to do with this poll, ftr.

I understand that. I just didn't wanna vote on Marty alone. ;)