PDA

View Full Version : What's this thing with Booker T's accent?

XL
10-17-2008, 07:29 PM
I was watching Impact from last week and Tenay made a reference to "...what accent Booker t will be using?" and then Booker cut a promo on Christian using what seemed to be an african accent of sum description.

So, what gives?

Ben Rodrigues
10-17-2008, 07:41 PM
It's the same accent as Idi Amin that Forest Whitaker played in The Last King of Scotland.

Xerzes
10-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Forest Whitaker was a lot better at it. Booker T's attempt is just sad and confusing.

6to1
10-18-2008, 09:34 AM
i want him to come to the ring in a kilt that would be funny

Super V
10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
They never explained why he talks like that at all. I guess we're just lead to believe that the WWE will be ripped off of without any rhyme or reason.

NeanderCarl
10-18-2008, 01:56 PM
He's a heel because he's pretentious.

Unfortunately, that makes 90% of the Impact Zone fans heels too.

But Russo will turn them all face in about a week, so nay matter.

screech
10-19-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know what the deal is, but I do know it's fucking terrible.

FourFifty
10-20-2008, 04:28 AM
Clip, or gtfo

XL
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JYxu9VvbBig&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JYxu9VvbBig&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mooияakeя™
10-20-2008, 09:29 PM
"Ting"? That's fucking Jamaican / Caribbean not African. Well, the guys from Africa I've met don't speak like that.

From "Keep your enemies..." part, he sounds Mexican

Xero
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd worry if he started talking in clicks.

Heyman
10-21-2008, 02:34 PM
LMAO! I can only imagine how difficult it was for Sharmell (and Booker himself) to withhold their laughter.

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2008, 08:20 AM
I personally think Booker is hilarious. The accent is not meant to be spot on. It's meant to be pretentious, and a little annoying. It cracks me up, and I think Booker is having a lot of fun with it, so more power to him. To be honest, it's the only way Booker really has ever captured my imagination as a heel. For any prolonged time, anyway.

During his unveiling of the Main Event Mafia with Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash and Sting, it just made you want to punch him in the face the amount of times he was saying "RESPECT!" He paid it off with a subtle little nod and "respect" when Sting mentioned it. Booker knows what he is doing.

I'm interested to see where this TNA Legends Title thing goes. I'm hoping Booker proclaims it as something higher than the TNA World Heavyweight Title. I can just imagine this exchange...

Jeremy Borash: So Booker, just how prestigious is the TNA Legends Title meant to be? Is it another World Title?

Booker T: Why, Jeremias, don't be so crude! The TNA Legends Championship is beyond any mere World Championship. Anyone can win a World Title, but only a former World Champion can win the Legends Title. There are many World Championships, and many World Champions, but there is only one Legends Championship...and one Legends Champion. I am that Champion, Jeremias. The World Title is just a stepping stone for those who wish to be as great as me.

Super V
10-25-2008, 08:43 AM
TNA is weird. I've never seen so many things going on at once while at the same time none of it being the least bit interesting.

Fire Mantel.

Y2Ant
10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
So they made a title that is better than the World Title now? :|

Gerard
10-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Oh jesus christ. Why is it bookers last few gimmicks always seem to revolve him putting on a hilariously unconvincing accent?

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2008, 11:38 AM
So they made a title that is better than the World Title now? :|

No, no, no. It's just a belt Booker T has created ala the Million Dollar Belt and the FTW Championship. I could just see him putting it over as such.