PDA

View Full Version : "The Basham Brothers"

spd10000
03-22-2004, 01:08 PM
I was going to post this in the thread about the lottery, but I thought it might be off topic. Does anyone else think the Bashams suck? I've been watching wrestling for 25 years, and they're one of the worst teams I've ever seen. Shaniqua's gone, now get rid of the Bashams. When the new rosters are formed tonight, maybe they'll leave them out.

Funky Fly
03-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah, they could do the return of the Damaja, I guess.

But they should be split. The Ball & Gag is a sucky tag move.

Stickman
03-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Back in the day they'd be the jobber tag team you see on saturday afternoons.

parkmania
03-22-2004, 01:30 PM
You mean like the Blu/Grimm/Harris Brothers???

Stickman
03-22-2004, 01:31 PM
No, worse.

Champion of Europa
03-22-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm kind of torn on this issue.

The whole WWE tag division sucks, so they need the Bashams to have a more large array of teams.

I do like the Bashams as a tag team, but they are so much better solo. If you saw their OVW stuff, you'd love it. :love:

Doug Basham fought Chris Benoit once (when he didn't suck) and it was damn good.

Danny Electric
03-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Was Danny Basham(Damaja?) the one who won a place in the Royal Rumble but it never happened?

Champion of Europa
03-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Was Danny Basham(Damaja?) the one who won a place in the Royal Rumble but it never happened?

They ran an angle where Damaja hit Jim Ross and had the spot taken away from him, causing him to leave OVW for like a week before being contractually forced to return. Mega heel.

Danny Electric
03-22-2004, 01:40 PM
They ran an angle where Damaja hit Jim Ross and had the spot taken away from him, causing him to leave OVW for like a week before being contractually forced to return. Mega heel.

Yeah I remember now. Thanks. :)

Boondock Saint
03-22-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm kinda numb to them. Lately I've enjoyed them more so, but I dunno. They're just eh. WWE does need tag teams though.

MVP
03-22-2004, 01:52 PM
The Bashams could be a decent tag team, but there's plenty of room for improvment.

I enjoyed their gimmick with Shaniqua, but now that she's gone they have no personality. Their wrestling isn't bad, but they need some double team moves.

The CyNick
03-22-2004, 02:18 PM
They are not the best tag team of all time, but they do have some skill. Part of their problem is that they've been stuck in a horrible gimmick. The other problem is that there has been no focus on the tag titles, and as a result they haven't been able to show their skills in the ring.

PureHatred
03-22-2004, 02:55 PM
It's easy to look bad when you have to job to the "Stinkface." And the "Worm."

loopydate
03-22-2004, 02:56 PM
They are not the best tag team of all time, but they do have some skill. Part of their problem is that they've been stuck in a horrible gimmick. The other problem is that there has been no focus on the tag titles, and as a result they haven't been able to show their skills in the ring.

John la Rock
03-22-2004, 03:25 PM
They're good workers but they don't have a gimmick. That Shaniqua bull shit was retarded

SUPREMO
03-22-2004, 03:27 PM
The Bashams Brothers are crap i don't no why they even got the titles.

Corkscrewed
03-22-2004, 04:05 PM
^ Because when you don't have a tag division, it doesn't matter who's the champ

They definitely would have been better served with a gimmick that wasn't so weak. They were definitely pushed without any real direction. It was a "shove 'em down the throat" approach. Just make them champ and force credibility that way, or at least make people used to their presence.

The tag scenes and the Cruiser scenes definitely need to be more cohesive, but we're having another lottery, so the tag scene is going to get screwed again. Oh well.

SeanMC
03-22-2004, 07:07 PM
^ my thoughts exactly about the tag scene getting screwed again, thats why im not really excited about this lottery thing, in one way yes its a good idea but in another way it's totally shit and ****s up the tag team division even more...