PDA

View Full Version : GH4 is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Volchok
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Just got done playing some... yeah siiiiiiiiiick

Rooftops by lost prophets on the drums on expert is fuckin crazy.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kalyx triaD
10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Slow down, take a deep breath, try to be calm. Talk us through this... be thorough. I'm deciding on RB2 or GHWT this weekend so I'll need a detailed perspective.

U-Warrior
10-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Wait this is out already?

WHAT THE FUCK

Fucking fall season is kicking my wallet's ass.

Volchok
10-24-2008, 12:41 AM
No, it's not out yet. I have a inside connection and i was able to jam on the drums wii style. The new guitar is sick, idk if it's a wii exclusive but there's a little strip of the notes that you just glide your fingers back and forth without having to strum.

I loved the drums, I mean LOooooooooooooved the drums. Never played Rock Band but I loved the way I could just break out a drum solo of my own in the middle of a song. I tried the drums first on easy but it was just to slow, I kept having to double or sometimes triple tap before the note actually came, Went up to medium and it was a fun challange. Did I mention I loved the drums? But anyways...

Idk i'm not huge into all these games, but GHWT seriously got me back into. The songs are fun, I mean we played Paramore- Misery Business and we had a fun time jamming out.

Ps the wii version has a special part that the others don't.

Kalyx triaD
10-24-2008, 12:47 AM
The Drum solo portion; do you activate it manually, catch fills at the end of counts like RB, or is it a designated part of the song where you just wail out?

Volchok
10-24-2008, 12:54 AM
It's just a random part of the song where you just wail out, hit anything you want, no holds barred. pretty siick.

D Mac
10-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Get RB2 Kaylx. Especially if you have a lot of DLC and plan to transfer RB 1 songs to it.

Of course, by Sunday, I will have both. :cool:

Kalyx triaD
10-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Deathmagnetic... :(

Requiem
10-24-2008, 01:21 AM
It's just a random part of the song where you just wail out, hit anything you want, no holds barred. pretty siick.

So.. exactly like Rock Band's activation.

Volchok
10-24-2008, 01:44 AM
I've never played Rock Band.

D Mac
10-24-2008, 01:47 AM
So.. exactly like Rock Band's activation.

No, RB you have to hit the green at the end to activate. :roll:

#BROKEN Hasney
10-24-2008, 04:08 AM
I've just finished D/Ling and am burning now :)

Kalyx triaD
10-24-2008, 04:12 AM
I've just finished D/Ling and am burning now :)

Cause Neversoft likes to spend months crafting a game and giving it away. Good job. :y:

D Mac
10-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Deathmagnetic... :(

Got that on my HDD.

Can't wait to sing The Day that Never Comes while drunk. Hope the RB mic works with this.

Kalyx triaD
10-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Now you're just hurting my feelings... So I gotta...

HUNT YOU DOWN WITH NO MERCYYYYY

HUNT YOU DOWN ALL NIGHTMARE LONG!!!!

#BROKEN Hasney
10-24-2008, 02:49 PM
The whole design manifesto doesn't feel like "How can we do a better game than Rock Band", more like "Let's do Rock Band with celebrity endorsements".

I'm not even a massive Blink 182 fan, but Travis shouldn't make his special appearance on Dammit, he wasn't even in the band when this came out.

Oh yeah, the pick-up on the 360 headset is worse than Rock Bands BTW.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-25-2008, 03:27 PM
I will give it a lot of credit for it's bass charts, it's pretty awesome. I just did Trapped Under Ice and Hot For Teacher in a row on hard, crippled both my arms and then I got Assassin - Muse.

When I played through it on guitar, I was thinking "That was easy for a Muse song".... It's because it's all in the bass..... Fuck me, I can't get past 12% of the song!

Kane Knight
10-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Cause Neversoft likes to spend months crafting a game and giving it away. Good job. :y:

You're just NOW bitching about Hasney pirating games? The whole design manifesto doesn't feel like "How can we do a better game than Rock Band", more like "Let's do Rock Band with celebrity endorsements".

I'm not even a massive Blink 182 fan, but Travis should make his special appearance on Dammit, he wasn't even in the band when this came out.

Oh yeah, the pick-up on the 360 headset is worse than Rock Bands BTW.

Is that even possible? worse than RB?

But yeah, GH3 was similar. They made a game that was "Let's throw a couple of bignames on the box!" Rather than actual improvements in the game. The NS/Activision approach seems to be "throw money at it!"