PDA

View Full Version : Should WWE put some effort into Goldust?

Rollermacka
10-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I am glad that Dustin is back in WWE as Goldust and I cant really tell if he's in any better shape than his "Black Reign" time but I was wondering do you think that Vince should put forth the time and effort to repush Goldust like he has with others? I noticed he dose this alot with the Big Show, where Show will start putting on weight, and get kinda "comfortable" in matches. He takes him off the air for a few months, gets him back into better shape, give him some new moves, then have him come back to a decient push and go from there. Taken Goldust isnt a multitime World Champ, and he dosent draw as much as Show do you think that the WWE should kinda take him off the air for a few months, get him back into better shape (he was never no Adrian Adonis but get him back to to the shape he was in 2002) and try to give him another IC shot or maybe even an ECW title run?

Afterlife
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Goldust is remarkably popular for not being a "regular guy". His style is very unique, but if he got a couple new moves, hopefully a new finisher, he could definitely move along nicely. Right now, I'm just hoping he doesn't have any court dates, :roll:

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Yes, but not with a goofy comedy gimmick. Put him back to his original heel gimmick and it'd be cool.

But would todays WWE allow for a cross dressing gold guy who gropes the other wrestlers? I'm inclined to think no...

BigDaddyCool
10-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Meh, he has had more than enough chances.

McLegend
10-30-2008, 03:07 PM
C'mon now

St. Jimmy
10-30-2008, 03:07 PM
He'll just snort it away.

Mr. JL
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Dustin seems to have a lot of issues and baggage.

Rollermacka
10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, but not with a goofy comedy gimmick. Put him back to his original heel gimmick and it'd be cool.

I wouldnt mind seeing him back as a heel but I always liked it when he came back as Goldust in the late 90's after Luna left him, Terri revealed she was pregnant with Val, and he was a face yet he still had that dark twisted side.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hPAVO3QH8bs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hPAVO3QH8bs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thedamndest
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
What show is he on?

#BROKEN Hasney
10-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Dustin seems to have a lot of issues and baggage.

You dress as a woman for several years in front of millions of people and see how you feel after it :shifty:

Yeah..... Fire his ass.

Savio
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
give him a few months and see what happens

LoDownM
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Goldust looks like a Wraith from Stargate Atlantis when he comes down to the ring, well a gold wraith anyway.

Blue Demon
10-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Real men wear hard hats?

Kane Knight
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I voted yes, but technically, no. Because no matter what they do, he'll be gone in a month. That's being REALLY generous.

Dorkchop
10-30-2008, 04:50 PM
He's gotten fat and the last time I saw him regularly it looked like he had no passion what so ever.

WWE should make an angle out of this. Make Dustin come back as washed up, depressed, and out of shape (act like he's more out of shape than he currently is). it could be an interesting angle for the Goldust character.

Dorkchop
10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
To answer the thread title: WWE should put some effort into Goldust if Goldust is going to put some effort into his work.

Ruien
10-30-2008, 04:54 PM
STOP BRINGING BACK OLD PEOPLE! Seriously, hes funny but his time is gone. We have Haas and Santino for comedy relief on Raw. I also find Noble funny.

Jeritron
10-30-2008, 04:58 PM
They should put some effort into SOMETHING

parkmania
10-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Does anyone have the clip of Lawler interviewing Goldust and questioning his sexuality? All I can remember is Lawler fumbling around the question and then the conversation went:

King: Well... Aren't you?
GD: Aren't I what?
King: ... {sheepishly} queer?
GD: NO! {punches Lawler out}

FourFifty
10-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Goldust vs CAWdy
BOOK IT!

Fox
10-30-2008, 06:31 PM
I may get lambasted for this statement, but I would love to see Goldust get just one run with the World Heavyweight Title. Just something about the big gold belt on the big gold shoulder of Goldust seems awesome. Plus he can work the mic and used to be able to have good matches.

He should probably lose some weight first though.

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Goldust vs CAWdy
BOOK IT!

Seeing as Cody is no longer one half of the tag champs, I think they should hang on to Dustin to do this angle, even if it just keeps him around for a month.

Hell, get the Dream involved as well, it'd be a fun angle for a month and a PPV or something.

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-30-2008, 07:51 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing him back as a heel but I always liked it when he came back as Goldust in the late 90's after Luna left him, Terri revealed she was pregnant with Val, and he was a face yet he still had that dark twisted side.

Wasn't that around the time he was wearing half of his face painted as Goldy and half of it was left as Dustin?

That was pretty cool

Juan
10-30-2008, 07:53 PM
5 years ago? Maybe. Today? No.

FourFifty
10-30-2008, 09:26 PM
I just would like to see Dustin stay in for a few months as Goldust to help get CAWdy over.

Gerard
10-30-2008, 09:55 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hPAVO3QH8bs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hPAVO3QH8bs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HE'S A MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN

Regal musta seriously been thinking that he shoulda stayed in wcw after wwf presented him with that gimmick.

Theo Dious
10-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Every time Goldust makes a return a part of my soul dies.

FourFifty
10-30-2008, 11:07 PM
And I get a little stronger.... hmmm... I think I might be stealing your soul.

GD
10-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I always considered Goldust as an amazing talent with no direction.

The Mackem
10-31-2008, 11:37 AM
I haven't seen his latest runs but he was always a solid worker and had great mic skills. They should be able to use him to get someone over.

Gertner
10-31-2008, 12:45 PM
He should try to get his brother to let him into his stable kinda like he did with Booker T and the NWO. That'd be pretty funny.

Mr. Nerfect
10-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Goldust is an amazing character. He's out of shape now, and probably a lot more crappy in the ring, but the character alone is worth keeping. They just need to commit to it. Seriously, when is the last time you saw Goldust in a robe? Goldust without the robe is NOTHING!

A program with Cody Rhodes would be very cool. Let him team with CM Punk, Kofi Kingston and someone else against The Princes of Pro-Wrestling and Randy Orton at Survivor Series, or something.

thedamndest
10-31-2008, 02:01 PM
*The Princes of Entertainment

Mr. Nerfect
10-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Thank you, thedamndest.