PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Z Infinite World

Dark-Slicer Diago
11-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Trailer from TGS 2009
<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14275116&downloadURL=http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/article/918/918984/dbz_inifiniteworld_101008_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Pikkon vs Kid Buu
<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14275116&downloadURL=http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/article/917/917510/dbz_pikkon_v_kid_buu_flvlow.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Goku vs Vegeta
<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14275116&downloadURL=http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/article/918/918850/dbz_GokuvsVegeta_flvlow.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Representing the last "Z" title for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World combines many of the best elements from the previous Budokai and Shin-Budokai series, as well as the recently released and much-admired next-gen Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, to deliver the definitive DBZ experience on the PlayStation 2 system. Moreover, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World will boast several special features including "Dragon Missions", new battle types, and dramatic cut scenes that enable fans to delve deeper than ever before into the Dragon Ball Z universe. Developed by Namco Bandai Games, Inc. and rated T for Teen, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World will be available in North American retailers on November 4, 2008 for the suggested price of $29.99.

The new "Dragon Missions" in Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World will include many famous scenes from the Dragon Ball Z series never before seen in a video game. A range of missions from time attack in the "Snake Road Mission" alongside other action and racing-style missions puts players' strategy and quick-thinking skills to the test beyond simply showing off their deadly fighting skills.

But no Dragon Ball Z game would be complete without its fair share of spectacular battles. Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World uses a simplified battle system taken from the recently released next-gen Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for thrilling hand-to-hand fighting on the ground, or flying leaps and aerial combat in the skies. Defeat your opponent by blasting damaging Ki attacks from the sky or by diving into him and launching an explosive smash attack.

The game features over 40 unique characters, not counting the various character transformations which multiply the playing potential. On top of characters, fighting techniques and battle stages, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World also includes selected drama scenes from the previous games all presented using beautifully refined effects and shading techniques.

Dragon Ball Z marks the gold standard of anime-based video games. The catalog is currently comprised of over 30 games that have sold more than 12.7 million units since May 2002.

For more information on Dragon Ball Z video games, please visit http://www.atari.com/dragonballz.

About FUNimation Entertainment

FUNimation Entertainment is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation and the market share leader for the home video sales of Japanese animation in the United States. FUNimation is known for acquiring top-rated anime series from Japan and for developing some of North America's most popular anime series. The company has a proven formula for launching and advancing brands, and manages a full spectrum of rights for most of its brands including broadcasting, licensing, production, internet, and home video sales and distribution.

About Infogrames Entertainment and Atari:

The Infogrames group, including Atari, Inc., is a global producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software for all market segments and all interactive game platforms including consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, advanced smartphones, Personal Computers, web and online. Its games are sold in more than 60 countries through an international distribution network and direct to consumers via www.atari.com.

The Infogrames group's extensive catalogue of popular games is marketed under the Atari brand and based on original franchises (Alone in the Dark, Test Drive, V-Rally, My Horse & Me, Backyard Sports franchise, Total Annihilation, Outcast etc.), publishing properties (The Witcher, Legendary, Race Pro etc.), international licenses (Dragon Ball Z, Dungeons & Dragons, Jamie Oliver etc.) and classic games covering the entire history of the video game industry (Pong, Missile Command, Asteroids etc).

Safe Harbor Statement

With the exception of the historical information contained in this release, the matters described herein contain certain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this release are not promises or guarantees and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These statements are based on management's current expectations and assumptions and are naturally subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. We caution you not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements. Actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied by the statements herein. Some of the factors which could cause our results to differ materially include the following: the loss of key customers; delays in product development and related product release schedules; inability to secure capital; loss of our credit facilities, adapting to the rapidly changing industry technology, including new console technology; maintaining relationships with leading independent videogame software developers; maintaining or acquiring licenses to intellectual property; fluctuations in quarterly net revenues and results of operations based on the seasonality of our industry; the termination or modification of our agreements with hardware manufacturers; and other factors.

The Company undertakes no duty to update any forward-looking statements to conform the statement to actual results or changes in the Company's expectations.

Dark-Slicer Diago
11-01-2008, 08:49 PM
I may give it a try, but Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm may be the the best anime to game transition out there.

Kalyx triaD
11-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Tenkaichi <<< Budokai/Shin Budokai

I really enjoyed Budokai 3, but I got much too used to Tenkaichi's gameplay. DBZ just doesn't work as a 2D fighter. Tenkaichi captured the absurd battles of the characters fairly well. Burst Limit was garbage, BTW.

This game looks good, though. I was just disappointed to find it was a late "Budokai 4" instead of a mix between the two engines like I originally thought.

Kalyx triaD
11-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I may give it a try, but Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm may be the the best anime to game transition out there.

Hell yeah it is.

Dark-Slicer Diago
11-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I agree whole heartedly that Burst Limit sucked, I returned after a day as I didn't feel like returning it within the 6h including breaks that it took to beat. I've only rented Naruto once and played the demo, I think I'll buy it when I go pick up SvR 2009.

Dark-Slicer Diago
11-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Of course the singer of the opening song is Hironobu Kageyama, he did all virtually all the songs for DBZ and every DBZ game.

U-Warrior
11-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, Ultimate Ninja Storm is so damn pretty, that I can't begin to care about this. Also, I like Naruto better now, anyways.