PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton

CSL
11-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Unreal. World champion by one corner. Never been that gripped by the end of an F1 race

ct2k
11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Just gotta wait a few hours now for all the haters within the sport to start devaluing his achievements by any means necessary now. But regardless a huge congrats to Lewis, pretty immense stuff:y:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Stupid tax dodger

CSL
11-02-2008, 02:00 PM
You talking about F1 in general there?

Rob
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Stupid tax dodger

Agreed. And who the fuck does his dad think he is? Lewis just won the world title, the media are all over him and his dad is butting his fucking nose in telling the media who support him to wait because his son needs a drink? Get the fuck out of here. He nearly made me turn on Lewis.

Gertner
11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
What the hell is Auto Racing doing in the Sports forum?

Bad Company
11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
From what I hear, you have to be a tax dodger in England or you'll lose it all if you earn over 50p a week.

Well done Lewis!

Downunder
11-03-2008, 02:01 AM
He's no Valentino Rossi

Londoner
11-03-2008, 02:26 AM
It was amazing to watch!

Gray
11-03-2008, 05:01 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/34i1bnp.gif

Someone showed me that pic, im no fan of Formula One really but couldnt help finding it all hilarious!

Cactus Sid
11-03-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm not really a fan of Hamilton, but I wouldn't deny for one second that he didn't deserve to win the title. He's been the best driver all season and in some respects, winning it on that last corner makes up for some pretty awful decisions by the FIA towards him this season (not that he's been completely free from doing wrong, and he needs to start accepting it when he has made mistakes and not blame others all the time).

I've been watching F1 for about 17 years and that is without question one of the most exciting races I've ever seen.

I would love to see how well Hamilton would do if he had Kubica in the other McLaren and Vettel and Alonso in the Ferrari's, because I think he'd have a much tougher time than against an average driver in a great car like Massa, a man whose just there for the paycheck in Raikkonen and a man who is only driving for McLaren because Hamilton asked for someone who liked him to be brought in, in Kovolainen.

Next season should be interesting though, BMW have ploughed all their resources into next season's car, so it should be bloody quick and Renault look like they could be back up there, I don't think Hamilton will have it all his own way (and to be honest he should've won the title ages ago this year)

Rob
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
It's insane people even suggesting he didn't deserve it. The person or team with the most points at the end of the season ALWAYS deserves it.

Impeccable
11-06-2008, 05:22 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/34i1bnp.gif

Someone showed me that pic, im no fan of Formula One really but couldnt help finding it all hilarious!

The video is even better! Seeing their joy turn to despair was the moment of my day on sunday!

The Mackem
11-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Gotta admit I haven't watched F1 in years. Sunday was weird because the family of the missus was up and a lot of her uncles and aunties watch it so there was a lot of discussion about F1. When I got home I kept an eye on the updates, must have watched that last lap a dozen times, really entertaining. Not really a big fan of F1 because it is easily one of the most corrupt 'sports' around.

WestNZ
11-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Gotta admit, even though i in general dont like the British drivers, you gotta give a big thumbs up to Hamilton, and to do it on the last corner proves one thing, WITH NO MICHEAL, THERE IS NO GOOD DRIVERS. Look how big Micheal's victories were

Tornado
11-09-2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html

Seriously, everyone got to that link, and watch the Brazil video to the end. It shows what the mechanic did after he told Massa's family he wasn't World Champion. It's awesome.