PDA

View Full Version : 'Blurred Vision' In Games

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Don't know if this is a motion sickness thing, or what, but I start to get headaches during games with blurred vision mode (from being shot, running, and such).

Does this annoy the living Hell out of anyone else?

Funky Fly
11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I get motion sickness from certain FPS games.

Xero
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
It doesn't really bother me physically, but whoever said "you know what would make this game more realistic? Tons and tons of blur" is a moron.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
If it's realism they want, I'd rather they introduced real gunshot wounds instead.

Kane Knight
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't get motion sickness or anything, but when I have a migraine coming on, certain games do make me physically ill.

The Destroyer
11-04-2008, 02:48 AM
I get motion sickness from certain FPS games.
Half Life 2 always seems to mess me up, always seem to end up with a headache after playing it.

Vietnamese Crippler
11-04-2008, 03:04 AM
I have the opposite effect: the older FPS's (Half Life 1, Doom) messes with my head real bad.

El Fangel
11-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I used to feel queasy from play Burnout: Takedown because of the tunnel vision.

Also playing WoW and jumping from the Zeppelin before it docks gives me the queasy falling feeling like on a rollercoaster. Just watching something (I.e your character falling makes you remember that feeling)

LoDownM
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
I generally turn that off if the game has an option for it. Gets distracting sometimes, other then that it doesn't effect me at all.

Off topic but, I worked with a guy that thought if you used NOS in real life, everything would be blurry like in Need for Speed Underground and Burnout 3. But that guy was a dumbass who was clearly having sex with his moderatly hot sister.

Shaggy
11-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Only game it really ever bothered me in was the new Alone in the Dark. Dont know how much its done in the real game but pretty much the whole demo you have to click the left thumbstick to bring back your vision...and it pissed me off.