PDA

View Full Version : DJ Gabriel

Juan
11-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Anyone catch his debut? Apparently he is Steve Lewington from the United Kingdom. Anyone have any info on this guy? He looked ok tonight, considering it was a squash match. Plus, Edge's wedding planner is his dancing partner. Small world.

Gertner
11-19-2008, 11:20 AM
lol that was pretty ridiculous last night. Should be interesting to see where it goes.

Triple Naitch
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
What the fuck was up with him last night? I didn't enjoy his dance moves or his wrestling moves. He is too muscular to be taken seriously, and in a Wellness era he is not a good type of guy to push. The best part was when the music cut you could hear the crowd boo him as Grisham and Striker try and make an excuse as to why they are booing him.

But the mark in me did enjoy Striker's comparison of him to Alex Wright.

Dave Youell
11-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Lewington has been like that for years, honestly I don’t think he’s on roids, he would of already been caught as he’s been in developments for over 2 years, he’s just got great genetics

jerichoholicninja
11-19-2008, 12:20 PM
They need to turn him into Das Wunderkid 2.0. He kicks someone's ass and then dances...

but seriously this gimmick will last all of about 4 weeks before they realize people are annoyed by him more than they dislike him. Then they should pair him up with Big Dick Johnson. They can be called The Dancing Fools and feud with Santino and Beth who would team up with Goldust -- because he has nothing else to do. The feud ends with a 3 on 3 mixed tag match at Armageddon where Goldust delivers a Shattered Dreams to Johnson for the win and all 6 are wished best of luck in their future endeavors because WWE can't believe they actually did this and wants to erase all memory that it ever happened.

Juan
11-19-2008, 10:22 PM
His finisher was pretty sweet though.

Juan
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Here is a video for those of you that have no idea what we're talking about...

<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k3ZWZFjSmyrHssQy6w&related=1&canvas=medium"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k3ZWZFjSmyrHssQy6w&related=1&canvas=medium" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7gfp8_ecw-on-sci-fi-111808-pt2_sport">ECW on Sci Fi 11/18/08 pt.2</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/iturriwrestling">iturriwrestling</a></i></div>

Rollermacka
11-19-2008, 10:55 PM
What the fuck was up with him last night? I didn't enjoy his dance moves or his wrestling moves. He is too muscular to be taken seriously, and in a Wellness era he is not a good type of guy to push. The best part was when the music cut you could hear the crowd boo him as Grisham and Striker try and make an excuse as to why they are booing him.

But the mark in me did enjoy Striker's comparison of him to Alex Wright.

I didnt hear it when did he compare him to Alex Wright?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d20iJK50YdE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d20iJK50YdE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comparing him to these two of the better dancer gimmicks from WCW he isnt that great. Didnt he have an "English Gentleman" gimmick in OVW?

Innovator
11-19-2008, 10:58 PM
European uppercut from the 2nd rope, good by me

FourFifty
11-19-2008, 10:59 PM
His intro > His match

Gertner
11-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Nice rip off from Claudio Castagnioli

Dave Youell
11-20-2008, 04:09 AM
I didn’t see anything wrong with that, I assume he’s meant to be a heel, no one would act that goofy and expect a face reaction, this kind of thing will get him heat (aka noticed) and the wrestling from what I know of him form his All Star days is decent, he show some nice little things in that match for a quick 2 minutes.

Saying it will die off in 4 weeks is a little pre-mature as Alex Wright did it for years, I think this could be a good foot in the door, at least they are giving him a gimmick, most of the new guys on ECW don’t even have that. Branden Walker had sod all, as does Ricky Ortiz, the only new guy who has been given something to run with has been Jack Swagger.

All in all, a little premature to completely write him off based on 5 minutes of TV

Hanso Amore
11-20-2008, 07:48 AM
I think this guys has a good look, and is pretty nifty in the ring. Where they go with the gimmick could go either way. HE could get over like wright, or he could just drop off and never be seen again

I like his moveset though.

Gertner
11-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I didn’t see anything wrong with that, I assume he’s meant to be a heel, no one would act that goofy and expect a face reaction, this kind of thing will get him heat (aka noticed) and the wrestling from what I know of him form his All Star days is decent, he show some nice little things in that match for a quick 2 minutes.

Saying it will die off in 4 weeks is a little pre-mature as Alex Wright did it for years, I think this could be a good foot in the door, at least they are giving him a gimmick, most of the new guys on ECW don’t even have that. Branden Walker had sod all, as does Ricky Ortiz, the only new guy who has been given something to run with has been Jack Swagger.

All in all, a little premature to completely write him off based on 5 minutes of TV

How dare you besmirch the good name of Braden Walker!

.44 Magdalene
11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
The dance he did to the ring reminded me of Beetlejuice

Hanso Amore
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
They should base him off The Joker dance scene in the original Batman.

Get that Black and White, Red and green song and having some pyscho dance around

Johnny Rockstar
12-03-2008, 10:09 PM
What's sad is that after seeing him, all I could think was that I actually kinda missed Disco Inferno.

CSL
12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
What's sad is that after seeing him, all I could think was that I actually kinda missed Disco Inferno.

Who doesn't miss the Village People's Elbow :(

Gertner
12-04-2008, 12:41 AM
lol I officially am now a DJ Gabriel mark. That dancing is tremendous. Anytime that a wrestler can add the dance from Thriller gets you praise in my books.

Team Sheep
12-04-2008, 08:07 AM
I like him. And it's nice to actually see an English person in the company without a stereotypical British character.

Gertner
12-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm sure he has bad teeth.

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I like DJ Gabriel well enough. He does look like a walking wellness suspension, but I'll take Dave's word for it, and give Gabriel the benefit of the doubt for being naturally ripped. I think Lewington may have landed his job by doing a good job against Umaga in a squash match fairly early into Umaga's stuff. I cannot be sure, though.

It seems the WWE are letting the fans decide whether he is a face or a heel. Todd Grisham said that some people on the WWE message boards find him entertaining, and others think he is an idiot. Matt Striker was talking up his wrestling ability as being pretty darn good. I think that's fine for the moment. Let the fans choose whether to boo or cheer him, and then go from there.

Alicia Fox seems to be the best dancer the WWE has. Their stuff together is pretty fun. I'd like to see them cross paths with William Regal and Layla London after Regal drops the IC Championship to whoever he drops it to (I'm thinking Rey Mysterio).