PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Should Shawn Michaels or Chris Benoit turn HEEL within the next month?

Heyman
03-23-2004, 08:31 PM
QUESTION - Should Shawn Michaels or Chris Benoit turn HEEL within the next month?

HBK is slated to face Chris Benoit within the next month at the next Raw PPV. It is my opinion that one of the two men should turn heel. With Jericho and Edge as faces, I believe that the World Champion should be a heel so that one of these two men can 'step up'.

The question is, who would you rather see turn heel?

Both men are tremendous in-ring workers, and could carry anyone to a decent match. In the past few months, both men have been made to look as equal to/superior than Triple H. However - Chris Benoit is the healthier of the two. As far as I know, HBK is nursing a torn ACL. Benoit can fight on a more frequent basis as well. With this in mind, Benoit can consistently run programs against the likes of Edge, Chris Jericho, Booker T, etc.

HOWEVER - There's no question that Shawn Michaels is the more charismatic of the two. With the PPV coming up in Edmonton, you can bet that HBK will get booed out of the building. This could be the perfect time to switch him.....especially if they re-enact the screwjob of sorts (I doubt they'd do that, but you never know).

If Bret decides to come back to WWE TV and have one final speech, it would make the HBK/Bret confrontation (if they had one) even more intriguing.

ON THE OTHER HAND - I think a Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit feud down the road would be MONEY.......just as it was in the year 2000. HBK has already had a program with Jericho in recent memory. Also.......didn't you find it a bit odd that Chris Benoit was announced as being from Atlanta Georgia last night? Could this be a foreshadowing of sorts?...........that he doesn't care about Edmonton Canada as much as we would like to think? :eek:

Who would you rather see become heel?

The CyNick
03-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Out of the two, HBK should turn because turning Benoit makes no sense.

However, no neither has to turn with HHH going back to the red team (thank God).

Corkscrewed
03-23-2004, 09:36 PM
I'd rather HBK turn if one of them have to. But since Helmsley is coming back, like Cynick said, it's probaly not needed. Maybe Hunter found some sort of anti-burial defense surrounding SD!'s perimeter...

Funky Fly
03-23-2004, 09:39 PM
HBK shoud either turn heel or become a tweener that can't be trusted (a heel so heelish, he out heels the heeliest of heels, if you will :shifty: ). Benoit's going to be in his home town, so the turn would be useless since last time he turned heel (which was in Edmonton), he beat the crap out of a face Stone Cold to a HUGE pop.

I love E-Town. :cool:

MVP
03-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Right now we need a face as World Champion, especially on RAW since no one has seen that for quite a while (Goldberg doesn't count, no one liked him). It's especially important right now for Benoit to remain a face because he'll get face pops in Edmonton whether he's a heel or a face. Plus it'd be great if Benoit could some how avenge Bret Hart in Montreal by defeating Shawn Michaels.

Also I'd really like to see HBK and Triple H team up again. It could work like this: HBK gets so infatuated with winning the World title from Benoit that he begins to contemplate anything to win the title, and therefore turns to Triple H for help, and together they try to defeat Benoit, who has sought the help of Edge who'll most likely be feuding with Triple H at that time.

There are plenty of benefits that come out of that:
Chris Benoit and Edge are established as the top faces on RAW.
Triple H and HBK together allows for Randy Orton to control Evolution.
Bret Hart's loss in Montreal is avenged.

Funky Fly
03-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I love you, MVP.

tucsonspeed6
03-24-2004, 01:32 PM
What if they play the Angelface game with Evolution: For anyone who has seen Fight Club, Angelface was the overly blonde guy who Edward Norton gets jealous of. If the newly returned Edge comes back and feuds with someone for a while (other than HHH) Trips can slowly gain Edge's trust and eventually he'd join Evolution. With 5 members, Orton could feel left out and would eventually snap, making for a huge feud between himself and Edge which would break up Evolution and we'd quite possibly see one of those "lifelong" feuds between the two like the one between HHH and Angle or Austin and McMahon. Green eyes run deep, man.

I say let's savor Edge's return. Don't throw him immediately into the fray of Main Event status. Let's see some good wrestling before we turn everything into hype.

Y2Ant
03-24-2004, 02:02 PM
I love you, MVP.
I second this

Y2Ant
03-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Imagine Jericho, Benoit & Edge vs. HHH, HBK and Christian, that would be hot

Funky Fly
03-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Imagine Jericho, Benoit & Edge vs. HHH, HBK and Christian, that would be hot
That is hotttness personnifed, but I'm feeling tusconspeed's idea too. :yes::y:

Loose Cannon
03-24-2004, 02:13 PM
What if they play the Angelface game with Evolution: For anyone who has seen Fight Club, Angelface was the overly blonde guy who Edward Norton gets jealous of. If the newly returned Edge comes back and feuds with someone for a while (other than HHH) Trips can slowly gain Edge's trust and eventually he'd join Evolution. With 5 members, Orton could feel left out and would eventually snap, making for a huge feud between himself and Edge which would break up Evolution and we'd quite possibly see one of those "lifelong" feuds between the two like the one between HHH and Angle or Austin and McMahon. Green eyes run deep, man.

I say let's savor Edge's return. Don't throw him immediately into the fray of Main Event status. Let's see some good wrestling before we turn everything into hype.

Turning Edge heel and aligning him with Trips doesn't make any sense. He just came back as a face, he wouldn't turn heel already. And you don't want to put Edge in Trip's shadow right now because he already has credibility. Putting him behind Trips would be pointless. Orton hasn't broke out and become as great of a star as Edge has as a singles, so it's ok that he is behind Triple H right now. Orton and Edge can feud without Edge joining Evolution.

Shaggy
03-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Well Beniot is the champion now so that wouldnt seem right makiing him heel. Expecially with the history between HBK and HHH. WIth HHH back on Raw now it would just seem simple to some how allign HHH and HBK together turning HBK heel. He could join Evolution. I dont really see HBK joining HHH soon but it could be something to consider for the future. HBk needs a heel turn. But I think he is one of those superstars that the fans are way behind that if he turned heel. He still wouldnt get realy bad reaction. Sorta like RVD during the Invasion angle. He was a heel but the fans still cheered for him. It was crazy.

The Duck
03-24-2004, 02:53 PM
HBK should turn. His underdog, God-loving face-schtick bores the hell out of me. Let him let loose as a heel along with Hunter and Orton as the other main heels on Raw. With Benoit, Jericho and Edge as the main faces they're a plenty of potentially 'fresh' main event feuds for the World title, which is exactly what we need.

tucsonspeed6
03-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Turning Edge heel and aligning him with Trips doesn't make any sense. He just came back as a face, he wouldn't turn heel already. And you don't want to put Edge in Trip's shadow right now because he already has credibility. Putting him behind Trips would be pointless. Orton hasn't broke out and become as great of a star as Edge has as a singles, so it's ok that he is behind Triple H right now. Orton and Edge can feud without Edge joining Evolution.

I didn't say do it right away. Have him slowly turn while he's still a face, but in the middle of a minor feud. The actual joining of EVO could take place months from now. We've all seen what can happen when the WWE writers take their time with a story (Jericho/Christian).

As for Edge's credibility, I was promised a new WWE by Mr. McMahon himself. One thing I can't stand is when a wrestler comes back from an injury he's immediately thrown to the top. An athlete in a professional sport might have been the world's fastest pitcher or the best quarterback before a major surgery, but when they get back we more often than not find him sitting the bench, slowly working his way back to the top. I understand that this is entertainment, but at some point we have to say "ok, let's at least try to look realistic." And by the way, I said that I wanted to Savor Edge's return. I'm just as big of a fan of his as anyone else. I was a fan all the way back when he was in the Brood with Gangrel. But to give you a metaphore, I could search the web endlessly to catch a picture of Britneys Spear's boob almost falling out of her dress durring a music video, or I can wait patiently for the December 2006 issue of Playboy to come out and check that out. Waiting makes it that much more enjoyable. (BTW: Just a note for anyone who may wonder about me... No, I do not actually find Spears attractive. I saw her on some show the other day and she looked like a total trailer park trash hoe without the whole makeup thing on, and Yes, I am from the future and I am here to kill my grandpa.)

Rock Bottom
03-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Michaels doesn't need to turn at all. He is going to get booed out of the ring in Edmonton. After that, Michaels will probably leave Benoit alone and go have sex with Triple H again. Sorry for the short answer, but I think it's that simple.

Savio
03-24-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't want another heel champ for awhile......Or HHH as the champ.

Heyman
03-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Right now we need a face as World Champion, especially on RAW since no one has seen that for quite a while (Goldberg doesn't count, no one liked him). It's especially important right now for Benoit to remain a face because he'll get face pops in Edmonton whether he's a heel or a face. Plus it'd be great if Benoit could some how avenge Bret Hart in Montreal by defeating Shawn Michaels.

Also I'd really like to see HBK and Triple H team up again. It could work like this: HBK gets so infatuated with winning the World title from Benoit that he begins to contemplate anything to win the title, and therefore turns to Triple H for help, and together they try to defeat Benoit, who has sought the help of Edge who'll most likely be feuding with Triple H at that time.

There are plenty of benefits that come out of that:
Chris Benoit and Edge are established as the top faces on RAW.
Triple H and HBK together allows for Randy Orton to control Evolution.
Bret Hart's loss in Montreal is avenged.

I love you MVP. :heart:

CBright7831
03-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Triple H may get into the match.

Yep.

thuganomicalcrippler
03-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Out of Benoit, and HBK, I'd have to say Shawn. That would just be for my personal satisfaction. I don't like Michaels that much right now (I don't know why) and I would love a reason to boo him.

It wouldn't make sense to turn Benoit while he has the title, at least for now. He won't get booed in Edmonton, even if he shoots Stone Cold in the eye, so turning Chris Benoit would be fruitless from the point of view of the Backlash main event.

John la Rock
03-25-2004, 02:00 PM
HBK he needs a turn badly IMO, he's so boring and I'm tired of all this christianity crap