PDA

View Full Version : The return tonight 'Spoilers'

Dave Youell
12-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Helms,

Can't really say that in the title.

He's back, appears to have a new tat on his back, grown his hair out and have the hurricane symbol back on some new shorts.

Basically, he's looking good

What Would Kevin Do?
12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Okay, he needs to nut his hair, and get better tights... He looks like Al Snow, in bad basketball shorts.

He honestly looks like a generic mid 90's jobber.

KingofOldSchool
12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Helms looks like Dave Grohl.

RGWhat316
12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
The long hair looks kinda weird. Maybe cus its been a while since i've seen it. But otherwise, not a bad return.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm liking the substance he's bringing. The little throwback to The Hurricane he dropped "Whatssupwitdat?!" The fans were into him, too. "Hurricane" and "I'm just saying" chants. Considering the same crowd was somewhat chanting for MVP against Matt Hardy that same night, I'd say he should have no trouble getting over.

This is also the first time Helms has been a face in his WWE career without the superhero gimmick. It's something different. The shorts seem very home-made, so here's hoping he gets a sleeker design over the weeks. He looks crisp in the ring, and at the end of the match I thought he looked kind of like Jesus.

Things are going well for Helms, I think. :y:

Afterlife
12-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I was pleased. However, he looked...I dunno...almost unprofessional, in appearance. I don't mean that as a dig, just a perception. Gym shorts and a dew rag do not scream "professional at work", especially a guy whose career has been some highlighted showmanship. The shaggy hair/beard combo didn't help.

Either way, his timing is still good and his power seems to be there. Andafter a year's worth of not competing, that's plenty for me.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Why was he out so long?

Dorkchop
12-06-2008, 12:38 AM
His shorts look too casual. He should add more detail to them. Maybe even make them green with black designs on it.

Xero
12-06-2008, 12:54 AM
He honestly looks like a generic mid 90's jobber.

Well, that's fitting, because he's going to be 09's jobber.

Juan
12-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Why was he out so long?

Broken fricken' neck

Afterlife
12-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Why was he out so long?

He'd broken his neck and not realised it for a couple days. When he finally got it checked out, the bones could be fixed easily, but there was nerve damage to deal with, and that heals ten times slower than bone.

Afterlife
12-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Well, that's fitting, because he's going to be 09's jobber.

Yes, now that they've taken the time to rehabilitate him and bring him back to the company, they're going to forget about his push to the top tier. That makes perfect sense.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes, now that they've taken the time to rehabilitate him and bring him back to the company, they're going to forget about his push to the top tier. That makes perfect sense.

HAHAHAHAHA!! You actually think they were going to push him to the top tier? He might at best, get a US Title feud, and he might even hold the belt. I'll be amazed if gets anywhere else.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-06-2008, 03:26 PM

What? Someone like Helms in the top tier? Have you ever watched WWE?

Xero
12-06-2008, 03:29 PM

I really hope you're being sarcastic.

JT
12-06-2008, 03:50 PM
idk, I'm watching the match on YouTube right now and honestly don't hate the look. I mean he does look a bit like the generic ECW wrestler of the 90's, but not bad.

Dave Youell
12-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I love that new music of his as well

'IT'S TIME!'

parkmania
12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I haven't had the chance to see the episode yet. Is his entrance music the one off of Volume 7?

"Listen (It's Time!)
Yeah, you know it's time for revolution..."

KingofOldSchool
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I love that new music of his as well

'IT'S TIME!'

He had that for a while before he got injured, it was even on WWE The Music Vol. 7 that was released 2 years ago.

parkmania
12-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Cool. That song IS the stuff.

YOUR Hero
12-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Was he the one Hogan said couldn't draw flies?

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 03:07 AM
He's the one Ric Flair said would be a top star if he stopped dressing up to entertain the fans. He's also the one who went over The Rock.

Everyone is tearing into Afterlife too hard, and taking him way too literally. If you couldn't pick up what he meant -- that Helms is one of two wrestlers left over from the WWE's purchase of WCW, has been on the constant end of some serious pushes and exposure, has been signed for something like a five-year deal and has had a lot of build-up and time go into his return -- then get off it.

It's just as stupid to say he's going to be a jobber, because Helms has never really been a jobber for his entire stint within the WWE. The most questionable loss for him I can remember is when he first dropped The Hurricane gimmick and lost to Jerry Lawler at New Year's Revolution.

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Cynicism is a comfortable place for some people, I guess.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Mainly cynics. :shifty:

I'm seriously looking forward to this face push for Hurricane Helms. I wish they'd keep up the Hurrapops even though he's back, though. It could be really cool to have him pop up during his own matches and add some bonus one-liners.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-07-2008, 08:44 AM
His push will last about 1 month or 2. I hope I'm wrong, I love Helms, but he's:

1) Not muscely or tall
2) Not Hispanic

So he's got like a 2-500 chance of becoming a main event playa

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Using usually WWE logic, you may be right, Hasney, but I think Helms has a bit more good will going for him than most guys in his position. I'd give him slightly better odds. A US Title reign is very likely for him.

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 09:31 AM
It never ceases to amaze me when people say "He's not tall or juiced" and then praise HBM. These are generally, of course, the same ppl who claimed Jericho would be nothing after his return, and look how THAT turned out.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-07-2008, 09:43 AM
What's that got to do with it? Helms will be praised to, but it's doubtful he'll get a meaningful push. And yeah, jericho and HBM, hence the 2-500 odds....

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2008, 10:20 AM
The Brian Kendrick was WWE Champion for 8 minutes, too, don't you forget.

Yeah, a lot of people are calling Christian getting shat on if he signs with the WWE, too. I don't see that happening.

Xero
12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Honestly, I think Helms will last to the Money in the Bank then drop off into midcard hell.

Destor
12-07-2008, 11:22 AM
The Brian Kendrick was WWE Champion for 8 minutes, too, don't you forget.
No he wasn't.

Xero
12-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Noid: I was obviously being facetious. :roll:

BDC: Shut up, Noid.

Xero: [ quote=BDC]Shut up, Noid.[ /quote]

Noid: See, this is why we can't have any decent discussions. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Xero
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Noid: There goes Xero being unfunny again.

Afterlife
12-07-2008, 02:03 PM
What's that got to do with it? Helms will be praised to, but it's doubtful he'll get a meaningful push. And yeah, jericho and HBM, hence the 2-500 odds....

You just kind of pointed out what that has to do with it. Not to mention Benoit and Eddie Guerrero. Hell, Matt Hardy and Chavo are former ECW champions, and even if you don't count that as a heavyweight title, it's close, and it's a step up the ladder on the way.

Plus, there's the whole "longest reigning SD champ in history" thing he's got going for him via Cruiser Belt, and that thing where he was getting another big push before his time off. All I'm saying is the guy has potential -- potential the company seems pretty intent on using -- and most ppl here are hoping the company will suddenly change its mind and bury him...over nothing. Cynicism has its place, but it also comes with logic.