PDA

View Full Version : WWE As good as its been in years

glycerine
03-23-2004, 10:06 PM
right now at this moment. WWE is as good as it has been in years.

looming possibility of a possibly great ECW return

Two Great first time Champions

A fresh start for a storyline

more storyline than raw can contain, so it had to move to WWE.com

Good Stars getting pushed

and new ppvs

foley and Michaels are back!!!

bad things

seperate shows.. (sort of bad)

Tripple H (sort of joking)

isnt it as good as its been in two years?

The CyNick
03-23-2004, 10:24 PM
No doubt its better than it has been in some time

But there are still fundamental problems with certain people. HHH did good business with Benoit at Mania, but whats going to happen in 3 months time? Will Taker ever make a new star? Will Austin continue to bury guys?

In terms of storylines they were thinking long term with Mania and hopefully that continues into the future.

Benoit and Eddie as champs is obviously good for the quality of main events. Sadly we ownt see Benoit on top for very long.

OssMan
03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
no

way man

i think the WWE was at its best

in

the attitude era

everything was so much coo

ler

than it is now

and i think that

ecw

wont be the same

cause

it would be in a bigger are

na

what do you thin

k

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-23-2004, 10:30 PM
WWF/WWE's peak was WrestleMania X7..... then it went downhill (interest and quality)

Quality is coming back but I think total interest will take a while.

Blue Demon
03-23-2004, 10:41 PM
It is getting really good now

MVP
03-23-2004, 10:45 PM
It's definitely better than its been since last year considering we have very talented faces with main-event gold, and fresh new stars getting pushed (Cena, WGTT, Orton). Also Brock and Goldberg gone means less burial of the active roster.

KillerWolf
03-23-2004, 11:16 PM
right now at this moment. WWE is as good as it has been in years.

looming possibility of a possibly great ECW return

Two Great first time Champions

A fresh start for a storyline

more storyline than raw can contain, so it had to move to WWE.com

Good Stars getting pushed

and new ppvs

foley and Michaels are back!!!

bad things

seperate shows.. (sort of bad)

Tripple H (sort of joking)

isnt it as good as its been in two years?
'more storylines than raw can contain'???????!!!!! other than the trish triangle thing, i cannot think of one story line. not one. help me out. maybe im missing something, or maybe we have a different idea of what a 'storyline' is.

HHHsucks929
03-23-2004, 11:22 PM
WWF/WWE's peak was WrestleMania X7..... then it went downhill (interest and quality)

Quality is coming back but I think total interest will take a while.

I agree wholeheartedly. But I think the fan interest will increase, considering this past Raw got the highest rating in two years.

2002 was a transition year. 2003 was dominated by Triple H and Raw was just a horrible show overall, and Smackdown! struggled pushing new guys. But now WWE is starting to come around in their pushing of new young stars. Granted the booking and writing still needs help... Now that Lesnar left they can push guys who truly care for the main-event spotlight. Chris Jericho and Edge will most liekly still have to wait for their World championship opportunity, but now there's nobody on Smackdown! to hold Booker T and RVD down, at least nobody as bad as Triple H.

loopydate
03-23-2004, 11:24 PM
'more storylines than raw can contain'???????!!!!! other than the trish triangle thing, i cannot think of one story line. not one. help me out. maybe im missing something, or maybe we have a different idea of what a 'storyline' is.

I think he means that there was so much "Draft Lottery" stuff that they couldn't fit it all on RAW, and it had to trickle over to tonight's SD taping.

Corkscrewed
03-24-2004, 12:36 AM
WWE is definitely at a high point compared to the past five years at least. I've definitely been enjoying the storylines and the feuds, and the current champs are awesome.