PDA

View Full Version : How would you write Taker out?

jerichoholicninja
12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
The Wrestlemania storyline thread got me thinking how would you send Taker off? It doesn't have to be at Wrestlemania or anywhere in particular.

I'm torn between a character send off or a Flair-like send off for Mark.

In character it only makes sense to me that somehow Kane be involved. As Noid pointed out it's probably the only constant in WWE in the last 10 years is that they are brothers. I like the idea of The Undertaker saying he's going back to Death Valley. Have Kane stop him and say there is some unfinished business they need to take care of. Maybe a 3 month or so rivalry without a match between the two before Taker finally says yes. I think a casket match or buried alive might fit but anything would do I guess. If this is going to be all about The Undertaker (not Mark) leaving it would have to be a really over the top finish. I'm thinking Kane chokeslams UT through the ring which starts on fire like they did with Edge. Cue JR saying "He sent him straight to hell!!!". Only have UT climb out through the fire, with a closeup of Kane looking in disbelief, to give his final beat down to Kane. UT does his kneel/eye thing in the ring. Begins the walk to the back surrounded by druids. Have Paul Bearer meet him on the stage. Close up of Bearer saying it's time to go home. UT pauses, turns to take one last look at the crowd, turns back around and raises his arm ala The American Badass and walks away.

I don't think anything like was done for Ric Flair will feel right. The Undertaker needs to leave as his character would, not as Mark would. Sorry for the Noid post. How would you guys send off The Undertaker.

Xero
12-12-2008, 12:12 AM
While I do believe they need to do it as the character, there's no storyline they can possibly come up with which leaves the character closed for good. Once you've come back from being burned and buried alive, you can't really have a true character-fitting ending for The Undertaker. And we all know "loser leaves the company" matches rarely are ever effective.

The only reason I say this is because if they're going to "end" the character, I never want to see Mark Callaway on screen again, barring a hall of fame induction. Which is why they need to take care to make it logical for the character to never return. I think the Bearer thing comes close, but it's not really what I'd want to see.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Is almost the same fashion.

Here is how I would have it go.

At Armageddon, we have Kane promoing

Kane: There are demons in your life, demons have to be put to rest to keep your sanity, maybe thats why all these years I still have those demons around, all these years I have gone crazier and crazier. Its time to put these demons to rest.

Taker has a match and at the end when he is walking up the ramp, Kane comes out and says

"Its time Brother"

Taker stands there looking stunned.

---

Nothing is heard from Kane until the Rumble, during the rumble, Kane interfers and pulls Taker out of the ring.

"Not anymore brother"

---

No Way Out - Kane has a match against someone, Taker enters and the match is ended. They fight backstage, Kane is put into an incinerator and Taker hits the button, Kane is heard sceaming.

---

Nothing is heard until Wrestlemania

Taker enters the ring and stands there as the blue light is shined on him, he goes to speak and

BOOM!

Pyro from the ring and stage and out comes

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/kane.jpg

Crowd goes wild, a buried alive match ensues, its down to the wire. Kane and Taker both fall into the hole and the dirt is piled ontop of them. Then out of the ground a glove emerges, but you dont know whose it is, slowly Kane pulls himself out of the hole.

and walks up the ramp, to where Paul Bearer comes out, Kane stops looks sideways at him, then keeps walking.

Bearer raises the urn and out of the ground, Taker rises. Walks up the ramp towards Bearer. Bearer tells him its time for him to "Rest in Piece, Its over, Its time to go home"

taker turns and looks at the crowd, a single tear rolls down his cheek, he turns and raises his arm and heads backstage, Bearer remains and the druids show up at the grave and begin digging. Bearer slowly walks down and dumps the ashes into the hole, The druids cover the ashes with dirt and extinguish their torches.

Fade out.

jerichoholicninja
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
You can't kill him, you can't fire him. I think that idea of him just wanting to leave makes the most sense. Maybe give him a Christ-like ending where dad calls him home. There really doesn't seem to be anything that's interesting that would fit with the WWE product these days.

jerichoholicninja
12-12-2008, 12:20 AM
The only satisfying way for me involves Kane. It has to come full circle to feel right.

Xero
12-12-2008, 12:29 AM
While I wouldn't want it to actually happen, I remember I once suggested every (able) wrestler who has ever faced Undertaker at WrestleMania basically put an end to him.

Set it up in a loser must retire match, with let's say Michaels (in fact, that would be a good gimmick for Michaels until he, himself has to retire). Michaels is going all out and can't beat him. He then starts calling to the back and first Snuka comes out. Does the splash, Taker sits up. Jake comes out, DDT. Sit up. Nash, Powerbomb. Etc etc etc...

All this until Michaels is about to give up and the lights go out. When they come back on, druids are in the entry way with a casket. Taker is standing. Kane pops out of the casket and Tombstones Taker after a stare down, allowing Michaels to pin him.

While it isn't a "good" ending (more like a Russo cluster fuck) it would still be pretty epic with all the history going on there. It's the most fitting way to end it when it comes to the streak.

KYR
12-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Why is a "fantasy" storyline needed for 'Taker's last match?

I'm not saying there shouldn't be one, but is one really needed?

For mine, I would love to see 'Taker's last match be a straight up classic, memorable match for the WHC title at Wrestlemania - which he wins - and retires a Champion there and then. No smoke, no druids, no caskets.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Kane has to put him down, nuff said.

Xero
12-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Why is a "fantasy" storyline needed for 'Taker's last match?

I'm not saying there shouldn't be one, but is one really needed?

I think it is needed just because of the nature of the character. It's such a gimmicky gimmick that it's amazing it lasted past the early-mid 90s surge of "occupation" wrestlers.

It's evolved over the years, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that, except for the American Bad Ass stint, "The Undertaker" is the longest-running true carny gimmick of the past twenty years.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Would you give less to a man who has wrestled for 18 years and put that much into the company and has a successful and loved gimmick for that long?

jerichoholicninja
12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Xero, I had a similar thought. Basically Taker would battle some of his old rivals for a couple of months. Unfortunately most of the good ones are gone, but maybe have HBM, Edge, Batista, Mankind (because TNA can't make it much longer can they?). See if Austin might come back for something not necessarily wrestling, Bret Hart would be awesome but won't happen, all leading up to Kane. After I read that the ending sounded very disappointing, so maybe don't go that way but something with his past feuds might be good.

KYR
12-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I understand what everyone's saying and I do agree...to a point.

As much as I would like him to go out as I have described above, I would be equally happy with a decent build-up and storyline akin to his character and that character's history.

My only fear is that Creative will fuck it up, it'll be lame, it'll be one of those "what was the worst gimmick ENDINGS" threads in the future.

He needs/deserves to go out the best way possible and I just don't want them to fuck it up. Which is why I suggest that if they can't come up with a decent storyline then don't even try - send him home a retired champion.

jerichoholicninja
12-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Taker has so much pull around there if they come up with something that's crap I would hope that he would nix it.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah I dont think Taker, Let alone Vince would allow for creative to drop the ball with this.

KYR
12-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Ultimately, how much pull does a wrestler have in his last match? Cue: Bret Hart

Xero
12-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Kane screwed Taker!

Taker would go to TNA, rip on WWE and face Mick Foley in a Six Sides of Cell Match!

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
The Hell in a Cell In a Cell In a Cell In a Cell In a Cell In a Cell Match.

jerichoholicninja
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Bret Hart was leaving for Vince's rival and refused to drop the title. Undertaker is leaving for retirement and might not have a belt. They seem like completely different situations to me.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Bret Hart was leaving for Vince's rival and refused to drop the title. Undertaker is leaving for retirement and might not have a belt. They seem like completely different situations to me.

agreed.

KYR
12-12-2008, 12:58 AM

They are different situations, but my point was more along the lines of Vince's history of screwing over departing wrestlers in general (not just Bret) and using them to his own end. Thus my comment that a departing wrestler really has no control over how he goes out - at the end of the day, it's however Vince wants him to go out.

jerichoholicninja
12-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Thus my comment that a departing wrestler really has no control over how he goes out - at the end of the day, it's however Vince wants him to go out.

I agree Vince has final say but he had reason to not trust Bret and seemed like he wanted to get back at Bret for leaving, even though he let Bret go. Bret could have taken his belt to Vince's biggest rival too. Undertaker, on the other hand, has no where else to go. Plus if Vince pisses Taker off on his way out that could ruin any chance for working together in the future. But yes, Vince does have the final say and will do whatever the hell he wants.

KYR
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM
But yes, Vince does have the final say and will do whatever the hell he wants.

Hence my concern.

Kane Knight
12-12-2008, 01:33 AM
I doubt it's going to happen, but Vince could easily screw Taker

And Taker could be ten years dead, and morons would still claim he wasn't over it.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Hasnt Taker been dead for 18 years?

KYR
12-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Hasnt Taker been dead for 18 years?

He does have a point.

Sensei Of Mattitude
12-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Undertaker kills himself. Done.

FourFifty
12-12-2008, 02:06 AM
Step 1- WWE grows a pair of balls again and is willing to push their writers to limits beyond JBL is poopy.

Step 2-

Step 3- Profit!

Seriously, I don't see any logical way for the dead man to go away until WWE writes with balls again.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Step 1- WWE grows a pair of balls again and is willing to push their writers to limits beyond JBL is poopy.

Step 2-

Step 3- Profit!

Seriously, I don't see any logical way for the dead man to go away until WWE writes with balls again.

FourFifty
12-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Well you have a demonic persona that has been in the upper card or main event for the better part of 20 years. We've seen him thrown in caskets and burried alive. If they're going to have one last farwell for The Undertaker they need to really go over the top with everything. Not just what happens, but what is said during it. Hell, I think at a ppv if WWE puts their rating up to tv14 they can get away with dropping the f bomb once.

I want to see something demonic. Something we haven't seen before. Bigger, badder, more twisted than we've seen from anyone involved in this angle. If The Undertaker puts Randy Orton over, I want to see The Undertaker choke slam Orton's wife. I want to hear about The Undertaker bruning down HBK's house as his wife and kids got out just in time.

I understand why it's tvPG. They need the kids for ratings. However, since this is the last ride for The Undertaker, let this angle reach heights we haven't seen in a good 10 years.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Where is step 2?

FourFifty
12-12-2008, 02:40 AM
It almost pains me to post this video here...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lSQ18s2EFI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lSQ18s2EFI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaVe
12-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Well you have a demonic persona that has been in the upper card or main event for the better part of 20 years. We've seen him thrown in caskets and burried alive. If they're going to have one last farwell for The Undertaker they need to really go over the top with everything. Not just what happens, but what is said during it. Hell, I think at a ppv if WWE puts their rating up to tv14 they can get away with dropping the f bomb once.

I want to see something demonic. Something we haven't seen before. Bigger, badder, more twisted than we've seen from anyone involved in this angle. If The Undertaker puts Randy Orton over, I want to see The Undertaker choke slam Orton's wife. I want to hear about The Undertaker bruning down HBK's house as his wife and kids got out just in time.

I understand why it's tvPG. They need the kids for ratings. However, since this is the last ride for The Undertaker, let this angle reach heights we haven't seen in a good 10 years.

:drool:

I've always believed the key to Taker was him having attitude.

Taker will never be booed again, though.

The Mackem
12-12-2008, 06:49 AM
He should reveal that he is from another planet. After he can say that although Kane is his brother, he has no room for him in his rocket but will leave him his hat. Then he should put on a helmet with Undertaker written on it and thumbs up the crowd before boarding the rocket that goes up through the roof of the arena. This should be at Wrestlemania which ends with Taker in space looking into the camera saying 'Everything is a-ok, thanks for letting me living amongst you for the past twenty years wrestling fans, it's been a blast. Remember everything I told you and your civilisation will progress well.'

The MAC
12-12-2008, 07:33 AM
a hearse what flies like the back to the future car would be an awesome ending.

Impeccable
12-12-2008, 07:55 AM

Step 2-

Step 3- Profit!

Ha...I actually got that.

Does that mean I'm cool now?

Destor
12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Jerichoholicninja (http://www.tpwwforums.com/member.php?u=12890)

Xero
12-12-2008, 02:58 PM
ninjaJerichoholic

Kane Knight
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM

A big portion of the people who love the undertaker are kids, so it's never going to happen. Not as long as WWE still wants to court children.

BigDaddyCool
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm suprise noid hasn't written a way for Val Venis or Mike Knox to ultimately kill off taker. Or maybe he is going to use Ziggler.

KYR
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm suprise noid hasn't written a way for Val Venis or Mike Knox to ultimately kill off taker. Or maybe he is going to use Ziggler.

The hook is baited and the line has been cast...now we sit back and wait.

taker707
12-12-2008, 04:42 PM
i read somewhere that taker wants to stay active for at least another year

Xero
12-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Aw shit, you caught a taker707. Throw it back.

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 05:00 PM
LOL @ Xero

Kane Knight
12-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Aw shit, you caught a taker707. Throw it back.

You're probably better. I hear the Noid is lethal if the bullshit sack is not completely drained of its toxins.

Hey, there's like an 80% chance Noid would rant about me even if I didn't post, so why not?

El Fangel
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Look at KK ranting about me because I would only have a 75% chance of ranting about him because I am not Noid