PDA

View Full Version : Is the Main Event Mafia alot like the....

BobBitchen
12-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Kings of Wrestling?

MEM
Angle
Book
Stiner
Nash

KoW
Hall
Nash
Jarrett

I had never heard of the KoW.But I dont really like TNA or WWE.
Now go back to 1985-2000 WWF was good BUT..
WCW was better.

Executioner
12-12-2008, 11:47 PM
MEM = Millionaire's Club

Xero
12-12-2008, 11:49 PM
What's a TNA?

Heyman
12-12-2008, 11:57 PM
TNA offers nothing unique (from the little that I've seen).

Absolutely zero unique value proposition. They offer practically nothing that the WWE doesn't offer.

Seriously? If I was starting a wrestling promotion right now? It would ONLY be devoted to Cruiserweights and guys that would be willing to fight in a hardcore rules match. The ENTIRE show.

It would be TARGETTED to those that enjoy....

a) Fast exciting Cruiserweight style wrestling.
b) Hardcore 'spotfests'.

The company would BE about something....and would be completely differentiated from the WWE.

IC Champion
12-12-2008, 11:58 PM
What's a TNA?

What Would Kevin Do?
12-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Mentioning the name "Kings of Wrestling" without talking about Chris Hero and Claudio Castignolli is blasphemy.

FourFifty
12-13-2008, 02:48 AM
(see IC's post)

Heros Welcome
12-13-2008, 04:05 AM
(see WWKD's post)

Kane Knight
12-13-2008, 09:17 AM
It still amazes me that people are talking about originality in pro wrestling.

And ESPECIALLY TNA.

Fox
12-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Absolutely zero unique value proposition. They offer practically nothing that the WWE doesn't offer.

Seriously? If I was starting a wrestling promotion right now? It would ONLY be devoted to Cruiserweights and guys that would be willing to fight in a hardcore rules match. The ENTIRE show.

It would be TARGETTED to those that enjoy....

a) Fast exciting Cruiserweight style wrestling.
b) Hardcore 'spotfests'.

The company would BE about something....and would be completely differentiated from the WWE.

PAUL HEYMAN: "What an original idea." :roll:

Xerzes
12-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Never heard of Kings of Wrestling.

I was going to suggest they're the same as the Magnificient Seven. Which I think they even mentioned on the show where they went on and on about whether or not the Dudleys would join.

Kane Knight
12-13-2008, 12:01 PM
PAUL HEYMAN: "What an original idea." :roll:

An idea which would make virtually no money, unlike Paul Heym...Oh, wait.

DAMN iNATOR
12-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Basically, M.E.M. just seems (to this humble observer) to be a cheap n.W.o. knock-off, except everyone in the M.E.M. has actually done something notable with their careers thus far.

Xero
12-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Basically, M.E.M. just seems (to this humble observer) to be a cheap n.W.o. knock-off, except everyone in the M.E.M. has actually done something notable with their careers thus far.

Yeah, wait until guys like Eric Young, Jay Lethal and Shark Boy start to join.

And don't forget Virgil, who will come in as Stephen.

Mr. Nerfect
12-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Stephen will shake the foundations of the wrestling world. Trust me.

The Main Event Mafia seems very much to be a cross between The Millionaire's Club and the nWo. I'm enjoying them, for the most part, as the performers have made this angle stay alive when bad writing would have sunk it.

Kurt Angle needs to stop going after Jeff Jarrett, though. What's that going to prove? He cripples Jarrett, all it does is make his boss pissy at him. I don't completely understand that one. Jarrett should be protecting the X-Division from Angle, or something, only for Angle to get into the division (like he wants to), and find out that they're more than a match for him.

Destor
12-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Mentioning the name "Kings of Wrestling" without talking about Chris Hero and Claudio Castignolli is blasphemy.
:love:

Innovator
12-14-2008, 06:44 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY