PDA

View Full Version : Trips - Your "news reporters" are morons

Rob
03-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Too many examples over the past week but how can you post a thread on Smackdown spoilers and immediately after it there is a post saying Kurt Angle is the new Smackdown GM and Triple-H is back on Raw.

DegenerationY
03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
As far as I know, they weren't supposed to be spoilers in the first place, just off-air moves.

They will be announced on Smackdown sure enough, but 'technically' the moves were made before the smackdown tapings. Even WWE.com posted them on their website on the front page, and I've never seen them post spoilers before...

but maybe things have changed

Rob
03-24-2004, 02:41 PM
They have posted spoilers before.

DegenerationY
03-24-2004, 02:43 PM
okay, then disregard my above post :|

The Duck
03-24-2004, 02:48 PM
They post spoilers in the headlines which pisses me off being a UK fan.

I'd do a great job as a news reporter. Still got my app Trips?!! ;) :wave: :)

VonErich Lives
03-24-2004, 04:36 PM
They post spoilers in the headlines which pisses me off being a UK fan.

I'd do a great job as a news reporter. Still got my app Trips?!! ;) :wave: :)

But if your in the UK, wouldn't we get wrestling news like a week later? :lol:

The Duck
03-24-2004, 04:45 PM

Grrrr.

Yes....but I'd make up for it in quality silly!

In all seriousness I'd report on the weekends, summarising weekly news, what to look for in the next week and add a bit of originality to Wrestling News Reporting. That's what I like to think anyway.

Rob
03-24-2004, 06:43 PM

What day do you get Smackdown again? Is it two days after the Smackdown television tapings by any chance?

Xero
03-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Even WWE.com posted them on their website on the front page, and I've never seen them post spoilers before...

I remember a few years back they posted SmackDown spoilers in the SmackDown section...

ColdwaVer
03-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Too many examples over the past week but how can you post a thread on Smackdown spoilers and immediately after it there is a post saying Kurt Angle is the new Smackdown GM and Triple-H is back on Raw.

Not to mention how opinionated and snide most of them tend to be.

DarKCentaur
03-24-2004, 07:14 PM
The WWE Website said that they would announce the new GM and all proposed trades at 9 PM on Tuesday, so I fail to see that as a spoiler.

Ricky
03-24-2004, 07:20 PM
I remember back when Smackdown first started WWE.Com always had a weekly "smackdown spoiler video" that they put online on the Wednesday so that everyone could see what was going to happen.

But now they cry when the internet ruins suprises.

VonErich Lives
03-24-2004, 07:24 PM
What day do you get Smackdown again? Is it two days after the Smackdown television tapings by any chance?

and what day do you get Raw?

Kane Knight
03-24-2004, 07:45 PM
I remember back when Smackdown first started WWE.Com always had a weekly "smackdown spoiler video" that they put online on the Wednesday so that everyone could see what was going to happen.

But now they cry when the internet ruins suprises.

Duh. Scapegoat?

The Naitch
03-24-2004, 07:48 PM
UKers have to go through that shit. Its' a sacrifice they have to make because they get free PPVs. :p

Rob
03-24-2004, 10:30 PM
and what day do you get Raw?

I'm not complaining for Brits though. Most of us know spoilers.

Triple A
03-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Martin Hawrysko is a quality news reporter. :shifty:

Rob
03-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Martin Hawrysko is a quality news reporter. :shifty:

Okay everyone steals news. Big deal. But at least he does it the way you should and doesn't give away spoilers or post blatant lies or opinions as news.

The Mackem
03-25-2004, 04:03 PM
I dunno, as long as something's being posted.

Rock Bottom
03-25-2004, 09:31 PM
HEY, hey, tell those monkey spanks to speak with respect when referring to The Great One. :nono: