PDA

View Full Version : The offical bdc gives his honest opinion on wrestling

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Go ahead, ask me what I think about anything wrestling related, this could be fun.

Impeccable
12-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Okay...more of a question really

Will WWE ever seriously see any competition, and the reason behind your answer.

Evil Vito
12-24-2008, 09:47 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Why would D-Lo Brown agree to leave the wonderful world of accounting only to come back to WWE and make all of 3 appearances?</font>

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Okay...more of a question really

Will WWE ever seriously see any competition, and the reason behind your answer.

Yes, in time. I'm not sure who. But one of a number of things will happen. TNA will get its act together and grow, it will take some time. Antoher thing is WWE starts in a downward spiral so TNA becomes more of a threat through no action of their own. There could be internal conflicts in WWE, and a bunch of people could leave and start their own promotion. Ted Turner could buy another promotion.

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2008, 09:56 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Why would D-Lo Brown agree to leave the wonderful world of accounting only to come back to WWE and make all of 3 appearances?</font>

WWE probably promised money and more than 3 appearance, or made it sound like more. a better question is why did WWE bother with D-Lo?

Impeccable
12-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure how big the MMA market in the US is, but does it challenge WWE? Could MMA be the next big challenger to WWE rather than TNA?

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Only in the way Basketball, Baseball, and Football compete against eachother. MMA and Wrestling are completely different, for now. MMA is real, for now, and not about stories or fueds, for now. Wrestling is a soap opera for dudes.

Impeccable
12-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Wrestling, WWE in particular, was undoubtedly in a boom during 1997-1999...while I myself could reel off a bunch of reasons, what do YOU think has stopped wrestling and WWE from keeping the product at the same level...also do you believe wrestling is cyclical or that we had on or two boom periods and that's it?

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2008, 10:27 AM
It is complicated, consumers tastes change over time, but also horrible booking and over saturation didn't help. It is combination of things. So while it looks cyclical, there is more to it than just the whims of the market.

Indifferent Clox
12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Who is the best wrestler never to be in WWE

Kane Knight
12-24-2008, 11:33 AM
What do you think it will take to legitimise wrestling again (as a TV product, not in any sense of legitimate that implies it's a real sport).

James Steele
12-24-2008, 11:46 AM
What are your thoughts on a Dog The Bounty Hunter angle in the WWE?

BigDaddyCool
12-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Who is the best wrestler never to be in WWE
I assume you mean WWWF, and WWF as well. I don't know, Sting? He is the best big name wrestler never to be with Vince.
What do you think it will take to legitimise wrestling again (as a TV product, not in any sense of legitimate that implies it's a real sport).
Better booking. The talent and star power is there, they need better direction and booking and writing. Possible Vince to leave WWE.
What are your thoughts on a Dog The Bounty Hunter angle in the WWE?
I don't know. If they can make it work. He looks like a late 80's early 90's style wrestler. He would have fit in WWF or WCW back then easy with his current look. But now, I don't know. Could be afwul.

FourFifty
12-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Do you think the AWA was in the wrong for holding down Hulk Hogan because of his wrestling style?

Xero
12-24-2008, 01:37 PM
What is your opinion of Hulk Hogan?

FourFifty
12-24-2008, 02:10 PM
.......don't we already have an opinion on Hogan?

Xero
12-24-2008, 02:12 PM
The more Hogan bashing the better I always say.

thedamndest
12-24-2008, 02:24 PM
How long will Jeff hold the title? Will he reign again?

How many good years does HHH have in him? When will he retire?

Destor
12-24-2008, 02:26 PM
How many good years does HHH have in him? When will he retire?This for Batista too

IC Champion
12-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Why are Canadian's just simply the best wrestlers?

Destor
12-24-2008, 02:47 PM
There are only like 20 good canadian wrestlers...

Mr. Nerfect
12-24-2008, 03:05 PM
But how many bad Canadian wrestlers, Destor? How many bad ones?

Nowhere Man
12-24-2008, 03:08 PM
This for Batista too

Batista had good years?

Destor
Bunches. you ever watch indy Canadian wrestling? most guys are flat out terrible. You look at how many GREATS the states have made vs how many Canada has and you'll see just how over-rated Canada is.

Destor
Batista had good years?
Burn

IC Champion
12-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Well if you consider America's population is 10 times that of Canada.

And most people in Indys are terrible. Especially Canada if you consider that any good wrestlers goes to wrestle in America's shitty indies.

Canadians just seem to be better ring workers anyways.

thedamndest
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Bunches. you ever watch indy Canadian wrestling? most guys are flat out terrible. You look at how many GREATS the states have made vs how many Canada has and you'll see just how over-rated Canada is.

I don't want to call you a liar or anything, but you're a filthy liar. Canada has never produced a bad wrestler. Canadian boys exit the womb via the Crippler Crossface. They then spend the next eighteen years of their lives in Stu Hart's Dungeon where they hone the fine craft of wrestling that they will later have to unlearn in favor of "entertainment", Next they go to Stampede Wrestling and win the title there, only to and sign with the WWE, where they spend the next five years of their career being the most under-utilized, yet highly internet-lauded superstar on the roster. And there you go. Every wrestler in Canada is the best. Family murdering optional.

IC Champion
12-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't want to call you a liar or anything, but you're a filthy liar. Canada has never produced a bad wrestler. Canadian boys exit the womb via the Crippler Crossface. They then spend the next eighteen years of their lives in Stu Hart's Dungeon where they hone the fine craft of wrestling that they will later have to unlearn in favor of "entertainment", Next they go to Stampede Wrestling and win the title there, only to and sign with the WWE, where they spend the next five years of their career being the most under-utilized, yet highly internet-lauded superstar on the roster. And there you go. Every wrestler in Canada is the best. Family murdering optional.

Amen brothah.

Destor
12-24-2008, 03:26 PM
pwnd

Thriller
12-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Canadian Indy wrestlers dont get the credit they deserve due to the the lack of mainstream(for lack of a better term) indy company.By main stream i mean company that when you mention it alot of smark will know the company.IE ROH,CZW IWA JAPW ect

Canada has a great crop of Indy wrestlers.Tyson Dux(whose gotten over in Japan),the recentlly retired Dangerboy Derek Wylde,Micheal Elgin( who often works in IWA ) Cody Deaner (who has rumored to have a deal with TNA),Phil Atlas(who works for AJPW frequentlly) thats just to name a few.Not to mention the number of Canadian wrestlers who are currentlly in TNA or WWE and developmentals

Plus the Canadian women are among the most talented in the world.Shimmer whis is the sister company of ROH has id say about more the 25% percent of there roster is Canadian.

.44 Magdalene
12-24-2008, 03:50 PM
BDC:

What do you make of this Dragon Dragon?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vz_I9mnpNPo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vz_I9mnpNPo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Legend Killer
12-24-2008, 04:47 PM
When will Vince Mcmahon die?

St. Jimmy
12-24-2008, 04:53 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdDMrncAy4U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdDMrncAy4U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Outsider
12-24-2008, 08:54 PM
How long until Jeff gets fired for drugs? Will he complete his first title reign first?

Do you think time limits should be reintroduced?

Destor
12-24-2008, 10:37 PM
IF in this thread you give your honest opinion does that imply your are lying in all other threads?

DaVe
12-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't be hard to believe.

Mr. Nerfect
12-25-2008, 09:36 PM

Ah, but how many horrible American wrestlers are there?

I'm just playing with you, man. Of course there are horrible Canadian wrestlers. It just seems that when a Canadian wrestler is good, it seems like he's REALLY good.

Mr. Nerfect
12-25-2008, 09:40 PM
BDC, you probably won't answer me, but simple question: Which Hardy boy do you think is better? Matt or Jeff, in case you didn't know.

BigDaddyCool
12-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Do you think the AWA was in the wrong for holding down Hulk Hogan because of his wrestling style?
No
What is your opinion of Hulk Hogan?
Mega douche
.......don't we already have an opinion on Hogan?
Verily
The more Hogan bashing the better I always say.
Verily again
How long will Jeff hold the title? Will he reign again?

How many good years does HHH have in him? When will he retire?
Not long, not even enough to call it a title reign, he will probably hold the title again if he can stay clean.

As for HHH, 5 years barring injuries. I be he will step down from in ring wrestling after he is in control of WWE.
This for Batista too
Depending on the current injury, 3 tops.
They are?
There are only like 20 good canadian wrestlers...
19, Jericho is techincally America.
But how many bad Canadian wrestlers, Destor? How many bad ones?
Test, the Montie, Teddy Hart, that Benoit fellow
Batista had good years?
He had a year.
I think Texas has more great wrestler than Cananda. Undertaker, Austin, HBK just to name 3. And seriously, how many Canadians can you name that can carry their jock? Owen and Bret, maybe.
Well if you consider America's population is 10 times that of Canada.

And most people in Indys are terrible. Especially Canada if you consider that any good wrestlers goes to wrestle in America's shitty indies.

Canadians just seem to be better ring workers anyways.
Canadians just seem better because they have to be really good to make it on WWE or TNA's radar.
I love you damndest.

BigDaddyCool
12-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Canadian Indy wrestlers dont get the credit they deserve due to the the lack of mainstream(for lack of a better term) indy company.By main stream i mean company that when you mention it alot of smark will know the company.IE ROH,CZW IWA JAPW ect

Canada has a great crop of Indy wrestlers.Tyson Dux(whose gotten over in Japan),the recentlly retired Dangerboy Derek Wylde,Micheal Elgin( who often works in IWA ) Cody Deaner (who has rumored to have a deal with TNA),Phil Atlas(who works for AJPW frequentlly) thats just to name a few.Not to mention the number of Canadian wrestlers who are currentlly in TNA or WWE and developmentals

Plus the Canadian women are among the most talented in the world.Shimmer whis is the sister company of ROH has id say about more the 25% percent of there roster is Canadian.
That isn't a question.
BDC:

What do you make of this Dragon Dragon?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vz_I9mnpNPo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vz_I9mnpNPo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Gay
When will Vince Mcmahon die?
I wouldn't be suprised if he lived another 20 years, or was found dead tomorrow.
How long until Jeff gets fired for drugs? Will he complete his first title reign first?

Do you think time limits should be reintroduced?
I think he will make it through the first reign. And what do you mean time limits?
IF in this thread you give your honest opinion does that imply your are lying in all other threads?
No, I was just saying i'll answer any question.

BDC, you probably won't answer me, but simple question: Which Hardy boy do you think is better? Matt or Jeff, in case you didn't know.
Noid, I fucking know who the Hardies are. Matt is a better wrestler, Jeff is more charismatic.

Kane Knight
12-26-2008, 10:10 AM

Do you really think that was conducive to an actual discussion?

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2008, 12:27 PM
KK, we are asking questions of BDC. I asked him a question. He answered. Business goes on. What's your problem?

If you have a wrestling related question, aim it at BDC, please.

Outsider
12-26-2008, 02:42 PM
And what do you mean time limits?

I mean matches have time limits put upon them.

I assume it was something that used to happen in wrestling but has kinda been phased out. Towards the end of WCW's tenure they started doing it again. It worked quite well actually, having a time limit draw, or the possibility of one, gave an extra posible outcome to a match.

Kane Knight
12-26-2008, 03:45 PM
KK, we are asking questions of BDC. I asked him a question. He answered. Business goes on. What's your problem?

If you have a wrestling related question, aim it at BDC, please.

I asked you a question about your conduct.

James Steele
12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
He asked him which Hardy did he see as a better wrestler, and clarified the Hardys he was talking about, as to not confuse BDC (who did know who the Hardys were). What is the problem?

Volare
12-26-2008, 10:32 PM
What do you think about people that write 4 page responces to something that should take 2 sentences.

Xero
12-26-2008, 10:33 PM
What do you think about people that write 4 page responces to something that should take 2 sentences.

Noid sucks.

thedamndest
12-27-2008, 01:47 AM
What will be the fate of Kozlov?

IC Champion
12-27-2008, 02:52 AM

World champion.

Kane Knight
12-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Question with a preface: WWE tends to put titles and give pushes to guys who are injury prone or unreliable. It's hard to particularly call that wise, especially in the long run.

The question is, do you think the attitude would change if they stopped rewarding unreliable stars, and started taking past injuries into account when deciding pushes?

This is obviously hypothetical, as there is almost sero chance they'll do it.

Destor
12-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Question with a preface: WWE tends to put titles and give pushes to guys who are injury prone or unreliable. It's hard to particularly call that wise, especially in the long run.

The question is, do you think the attitude would change if they stopped rewarding unreliable stars, and started taking past injuries into account when deciding pushes?

Really good question. But let me ask you this. (And I assume you'll see this post after BDC quotes it:)

Do you honestly feel people should be punished for injuries?

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I asked you a question about your conduct.

Do you really think your question was conducive to discussion?

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2008, 09:34 PM
BDC, if the WWE re-signs Christian, which brand should they put him on? And if your answer is SmackDown!, should he re-unite with his brother, feud against him, or what?

BigDaddyCool
12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I mean matches have time limits put upon them.

I assume it was something that used to happen in wrestling but has kinda been phased out. Towards the end of WCW's tenure they started doing it again. It worked quite well actually, having a time limit draw, or the possibility of one, gave an extra posible outcome to a match.
I think on ppv or title matches they should state the time limit. But I don't care, matches rarely last long enough for it to matter without them being really short time limits.
I hate noid.
He will fued with the WWE champion for a while until he looks week. Gain the IC/US title, fued with the WWE champion agian. Then be jobbed out to up and comers, or used to destroy lower card guys too make up and comers look a little better. Same thing they do with all the hosses.

I think they should look at long term reliablity and how the star in question is taking care of themselves, but being that they do whatever they want, the question in moot.
BDC, if the WWE re-signs Christian, which brand should they put him on? And if your answer is SmackDown!, should he re-unite with his brother, feud against him, or what?
It doesn't matter cause he lost his fire, so smackdown. They will probably ignore that they were ever "brothers" and they might mention they used to be a tag team.

KYR
12-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Is it true that Jeff Jarrett supplies the voice for Mr. Garrison in South Park?

('Cause you know, the resemblance is uncanny).

Mr. Nerfect
12-29-2008, 03:17 AM
How could Vladimir Kozlov win the IC Title while challenging for the WWE Title, with both belts being on completely different brands?

BigDaddyCool
12-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Is it true that Jeff Jarrett supplies the voice for Mr. Garrison in South Park?

('Cause you know, the resemblance is uncanny).
No, Matt and Trey pretty much have all the voices covered.
How could Vladimir Kozlov win the IC Title while challenging for the WWE Title, with both belts being on completely different brands?
No, that is a silly idea. Or at least without your hair brained scheme of sending people to ECW so they can be on all 3 shows. I seriously doubt they would do that, especially with Vlad.

FourFifty
12-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Are there any other second gen wrestlers who could join up in Orton's stable?

BigDaddyCool
12-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Are there any other second gen wrestlers who could join up in Orton's stable?

I would preffer Umaga over Manu. But the group is pretty full with Orton, Rhodes, DiBiase, Manu, and Snuka. If that is indeed the groups line up.

To bad Knox isn't a 2 gen wrestler, he would be a decent choice for a stable enforcer.

BigDaddyCool
12-29-2008, 09:21 AM

Now if you were asking that because I said Vlad would challenge for the IC to gain some credibility, I meant US, I got confused.

Kane Knight
01-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Do you really think your question was conducive to discussion?

It is until a pedantic douche comes along and instead of answering it, tries to make a big deal about it.

BDC, why is it that wrestling fans are, as a whole, so resistant to the truth? I could probably cite like 500 examples, but let's start with a few.

The IWC was grossly offended by the notion that Benoit's death might have been steroid related, despite a history of steroids in pro wrestling and serious related issues. The fact that he was taking steroids doesn't help, either.
When Congress stepped in, people were again offended. This time, because Congress was interfering with a fake sport, despite the fact that Congress was investigating potential fraud by a public traded company in regards to its shareholders.
The Union bit seems to have a lot of people misty-eyed, even though it's not remotely feasible.
People are still resistant to the notion that Eddie's death was drug-related (as in the fact that he was currently doing drugs, as noted both by the Signature scandal and the coroner's report).
Cena's commercial viability and the potential he's helping the company, whether we like it or not.

Also, why is Noid a pedantic douche?

BigDaddyCool
01-01-2009, 10:29 AM
It is until a pedantic douche comes along and instead of answering it, tries to make a big deal about it.

BDC, why is it that wrestling fans are, as a whole, so resistant to the truth? I could probably cite like 500 examples, but let's start with a few.

The IWC was grossly offended by the notion that Benoit's death might have been steroid related, despite a history of steroids in pro wrestling and serious related issues. The fact that he was taking steroids doesn't help, either.
When Congress stepped in, people were again offended. This time, because Congress was interfering with a fake sport, despite the fact that Congress was investigating potential fraud by a public traded company in regards to its shareholders.
The Union bit seems to have a lot of people misty-eyed, even though it's not remotely feasible.
People are still resistant to the notion that Eddie's death was drug-related (as in the fact that he was currently doing drugs, as noted both by the Signature scandal and the coroner's report).
Cena's commercial viability and the potential he's helping the company, whether we like it or not.

Also, why is Noid a pedantic douche?

I believe people as a whole rather hold on to old ideas no matter how wrong than learn something knew and be forced into the unknown. Same reason why old traditions and supersitions still exist.

I don't know what Noid is a douche.