PDA

View Full Version : So, ROH Final Battle 2008 is upon us

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone excited? ROH is doing really well stacking their cards and shit recently. It seems more like a collaborative effort now, and with The Wrestler getting a lot of good reviews and Oscar buzz, it seems like ROH could be the hottest it has ever been.

Here are the cards for those interested, but not in the know:

December 26th – The old ECW Arena in Philadelphia - [All Star Extravaganza IV]:
- Austin Aries vs. Naomichi Marufuji
- Bryan Danielson vs. Jerry Lynn
- Nigel McGuinness and Claudio Castagnoli vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe
- Kensuke Sasaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Roderick Strong and Brent Albright
- Kevin Steen and El Generico and The Necro Butcher vs. Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black and Delirious
- Takeshi Morishima vs. Go Shiozaki
- Erick Stevens vs. Chris Hero
- Kenny Omega vs. Rhett Titus

December 27th – The Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City – [ROH Final Battle 2008]:
- ROH Title Match: Nigel McGuinness © vs. Naomichi Marufuji
- ROH Tag Team Title Match: Kevin Steen and El Generico © vs. Jimmy Jacobs and Delirious
- Fight Without Honor: Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima
- New York City Street Fight: Brent Albright, Roderick Strong and Erick Stevens vs. Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards and Go Shiozaki
- Four-Corner Survival: Chris Hero vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Rhett Titus vs. The Necro Butcher
- Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Kensuke Sasaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima
- Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black
- Claudio Castagnoli vs. Kenny Omega

What does everyone think will go down at these events?

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2008, 12:01 PM
I'll admit it, I was really hoping that they would get Rob Van Dam for one night in to wrestle Jerry Lynn in the old ECW Arena. A match against Bryan Danielson is nothing to complain about, though.

The card looks uniformly good, but a definite interest point is the whole Austin Aries/Tyler Black fighting over the next ROH World Title PPV shot thing. Aries is taking a more prominent role backstage, so I think he definitely puts over ROH's new golden boy, and FIP World Heavyweight Champion, Tyler Black. If he doesn't, things could be taken a bit politically. Then, next year, I think Tyler Black goes into the match against Nigel McGuinness as FIP Champion, but loses when Jimmy Jacobs turns on him, triggering a feud between the two, while McGuinness does some stuff with Bryan Danielson, Jerry Lynn and even Chris Hero.

Just a little prediction as to the possible direction of ROH heading into 2009.

thecc
12-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm thinking of going to philly tonight.

Halbowsky
12-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm going to be in the 2nd row for Final Battle. Besides being pumped for Aries/Black, i'm really looking forward to finally seeing Jerry Lynn wrestle in person

Xero
12-26-2008, 08:31 PM
*Noid Bait*

*Noid makes a snappy come back*

*Xero picks something out of that and steers thread in another direction*

*Thread derails*

*KYR posts a funny pic*

*Noid continues to derail it*

*KK and BDC get involved*

*Thread goes for three pages*

Xero
Are you trying to be funny? Shut up Xero, seriously. :roll:

Xero
You know I don't post like that.

Blitz
12-26-2008, 09:05 PM
This is why I rarely come into the wrestling forum anymore.

Xero
12-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Mission Accomplished.

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2008, 09:22 PM
This is why I rarely come into the wrestling forum anymore.

I know, man. I know.

I hope Destor and WWKD find their way into here. Two guys on these boards with definite taste. :y:

One thing I am liking about Adam Pearce's run as booker, is that the ROH students are getting a lot more rope, and now have the personalities to really get a chance to show what they can do. Rhett Titus is a prime example.

Xero
12-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Noid has learned to adapt.

He is ignoring the troll.

Noid 2.5 beta 1 is here.

Blitz
12-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Honestly, the only show on either of the cards that really interests me is Danielson/Lynn. I'd be more interested in the 4 corners match if Necro was replaced with someone good.

Xero
12-26-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree, ROH sucks.

Destor
12-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Honestly, the only show on either of the cards that really interests me is Danielson/Lynn. I'd be more interested in the 4 corners match if Necro was replaced with someone good.I buddy of mine is a HUGE Necro mark. We we're at the show in Nashville a few weeks ago andhe nudges me and goes "Necro is right behind me." And we turn around and sure enough Necro is standing right there. It's was kinda cool.

But yeah, Aries vs Marufuji looks damn good. And everyone knows Lynn/Danielson is going to deliver. Plus Nigel/Marufuji is going rock as well. And Aries/Black should be fantastic as well.

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Here is roughly how I would book the shows. Yes, Noid Post coming, so don't read it if you don't want to read anything:

All Star Extravaganza IV:

* Kenny Omega defeats Rhett Titus, because Omega shouldn't be going over Claudio Castagnoli at Final Battle, but could use a win. Plus, Titus isn't high enough on the cards yet to warrant a bunch of wins being thrown at him.

* Chris Hero defeats Erick Stevens with his loaded elbow move, to build momentum under the new Adam Pearce regime. Hero is a tremendous talent, and the star of Sweet & Sour, so a winning streak of sorts will do him good.

* Takeshi Morishima and Go Shiozaki is an easy one -- Morishima goes over to build to his main event singles match the next night, and because he's just the bigger of the two Japanese stars.

* The Age of the Fall (Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Delirious) defeat Kevin Steen, El Generico & The Necro Butcher when Tyler Black pins Butcher. Jimmy Jacobs and Black have some tension growing between them, and I think that would grow more and more if Black became the prodigy who can beat the guys that Jacobs can't. Delirious also needs as many wins as possible to keep fueling him forward, because he can't seem to buy one these days.

* Brent Albright & Roderick Strong defeat Kensuke Office. Sasaki & Nakajima decisively go over The Briscoes the next night, which fuels the attitude change in Jay & Mark. Albright & Strong would look super-badass with a win here, and with them being my picks to go over the following night, they could easily follow this into a ROH World Tag Team Title run, or something.

* The American Wolves defeat Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli & The Briscoes when Davey Richards gets a pin on Claudio. Nigel McGuinness doesn't need to be winning tag team matches, and Claudio losing pushes him further over the edge. Jay & Mark aren't involved in the pinfall, so they don't lose too much steam, and it can be another straw on the camel's back. The American Wolves are establishing themselves, and could use a sort of "fluke" victory to put them in Tag Team Title contention.

* Bryan Danielson gets Jerry Lynn in the Cattle Mutilation to get the submission out of him. Lynn has a new angle coming, but he needs to lose a bit to make any sort of "comeback." Danielson winning is never really a bad thing, either, being "The Best in the World" and all. It never hurts to have him one step away from potentially winning the ROH World Title.

* Naomichi Marufuji defeats Austin Aries with the Shiranui in a match that I hope will become a ROH classic. This builds momentum for Marufuji, continues a positive relationship with Japan, allows Aries to look like a good ambassador for ROH, and just gives the fans a good show.

Xero
12-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post. Noid post.

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Final Battle 2008:

* Claudio Castagnoli European uppercuts Kenny Omega into oblivion. Claudio is on a bit of a losing streak, but a loss to Omega here would lower him way too much, and probably move Omega up too fast. A good showing for Omega and a clean, brutal win for Claudio is all that is needed.

* Tyler Black defeats Austin Aries. I talked about this earlier, but Aries will look a lot better putting the prodigy of ROH over. Black could actually be the first guy in a while to make the FIP World Heavyweight Title look prestigious, by the way. I'm thinking less and less that I would actually put the ROH World Title on him in 2009, because the FIP belt might be all that he needs.

* Kensuke Office goes over The Briscoes. This is the Japanese guys' obligatory win, and The Briscoes can be all "fuck, we're still the best, man, no matter what you say," sort loserish after the match.

* Chris Hero wins the Four Corner Survival, because I think ROH may actually have plans for him this time around. And if they don't, well they really should. Necro Butcher and Rhett Titus go off brawling somewhere, and Hero finishes off Lynn with a loaded elbow, and Lynn begins to question whether or not he can keep up with the young man's game.

* Brent Albright, Roderick Strong & Erick Stevens win their New York City Street Fight, because they are badasses. Chris Hero isn't involved, so the chase against Sweet & Sour should continue, so they should keep building momentum in finally tracking down Hero, and Sweeney himself. Maybe Bobby Dempsey finally turns face here, and gets whipped into shape No Remorse Corps style?

* Bryan Danielson wins the Fight Without Honor against Takeshi Morishima to finally get that decisive win over the former GHC Heavyweight Champion. Danielson can easily ride that win into another shot at the ROH World Championship.

* Kevin Steen & El Generico retain the ROH World Tag Team Championship when Kevin Steen pins Jimmy Jacobs, which just hammers home the point that Tyler Black is the star of The Age of the Fall. Perhaps Daizee Haze will turn Delirious face here, completely ending The AOTF faction?

* In the Final Battle main event, Nigel McGuinness retains his ROH World Championship via submission against Naomichi Marufuji, to look like a world beater, and make the 15-month mark as ROH World Champion heading into the new year.

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2008, 10:12 PM
You're just embarrassing yourself now, Xero.

Xero
12-26-2008, 10:17 PM
You're just embarrassing yourself now, Xero.

And you keep feeding the troll.

Om nom nom.

What was that post you deleted? Something about replies and no one being around to hear the post without one?

Volare
12-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Xero the Troll...hey now that could work!

Xero
12-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Troll Classic

XTroll

The Trolltrolla 8000

"Retarded Version of KK"

What Would Kevin Do?
12-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Interesting... Aries heeling it up against Marufuji. AotF taking down the tag champs and Necro is slick too... I'm thinking the Danielson/Lynn match was epic.

December 26th, 2008- 8:00 pm belltime
New Alhambra Arena (former ECW Arena)
7 Ritner Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148

RESULTS

Preshow

~Ernie Osiris picks someone's pocket and runs. They never saw it coming! Funny stuff.

~ROH returns to Philly on February 28th.

1) Ernie Osiris & Bobby Shields defeat "Sugarfoot" Alex Payne & a Ninja.

2) Grizzly Redwood defeats a Ninja.

Main Show

1) Kenny Omega defeats Rhett Titus to kick off ASE IV with a Kotaro Krusher.

2) Chris Hero defeats Erick Stevens with a kick to the face with a loaded kick pad.

3) Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima defeated Roderick Strong & Brent Albright in a very stiff match when Sasaki beat Albright with a Northern Lights Bomb. Aside from one botch on Nakajima's part, this match was absolutely fantastic.

4) Takeshi Morishima defeats Go Shiozaki with a Backdrop Driver. Disappointing, below average match.

5) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards and Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli in a Triangle Elimination Match. Nigel & Claudio were eliminated first when Edwards rolled up Claudio, then a Jay Driller on Eddie eliminated the Wolves. Mark limped out.

*Additional reports claim Mark had ANOTHER tooth kicked out of his head, and in to the front row.

~INTERMISSION~

6) Naomichi Marufuji defeats Austin Aries in a "good outing". Aries was pushing the limits of heel and face before the match. Aries was furious that Marufuji got streamers, then tried to steal the "NEXT WORLD CHAMP" chant for Fuji as his own. After the match he scoffed at the ovation he was given.

~After the match NANA appears! ....then is dragged out by security.

7) Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, & Delirious defeat Kevin Steen, El Generico, & Necro Butcher when Jacobs caught Steen in The End Time. After the match The American Wolves attacked the Champions.

8) Bryan Danielson defeats Jerry Lynn with a small package. The finish saw both men with their shoulders down, but Bryan got his up at the last split second to get the W. After the match both men put one another over to the live crowd. Good finish to the show.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2008, 09:22 PM
And you keep feeding the troll.

Om nom nom.

What was that post you deleted? Something about replies and no one being around to hear the post without one?

No, I'm just pointing out how horrible your trolling is. Not even by the definition that trolling is a horrible act. You're just bad at it. Certainly not worthy of being called "Troll Classic."

And that post I deleted (thanks for being obsessed enough to read it in like the one minute it was up) was a harmless reply in agreence with me ignoring your "trolling." But I decided I didn't really feel like acknowledging you even in that sense at the time.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2008, 09:23 PM
ASE sounded like a pretty good event, but I'm hoping Final Battle tops it. The winning matches of the evening seem to be the tag team match featuring the Japanese guys, and Danielson/Lynn.

Xero
12-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Om nom nom nom nom!

Mr. Nerfect
12-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Whatever, man. I could say "the sky is blue" and you'd call it feeding you. I hope there's some legitimate satisfaction in being that easy to please.

So Austin Aries re-joined Jimmy Jacobs, and became #1 Contender for the ROH World Championship. With Aries now having booking power, this would seem to be the direction he wants to go, and feels confident in taking himself, so we should hopefully see the best work from Aries in years here. And considering how good Austin Aries is, that should be pretty good.

What does everything think happens from here? Does Nigel play the de facto face against Aries? Who wins that match?

Xero
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

Learn to ignore!

OM NOM NOM!

blake639raw
12-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I think Aries and Dragon both have strong cases for a title shot. Dragon pretty much earned a shot by defeating Morishima and getting that monkey off his back. They should do a three way at 7th Anniversary with Nigel/Dragon/Aries. Really, the only person who could take it right now would be either Dragon or Aries. Tyler should be built up as a face more before he gets the title, but they don't need to wait TOO long, and kill off his momentum either. I think after a lengthy feud with Jacobs, where he comes out on top, he may be ready to be ROH champion.

redoneja
12-30-2008, 12:36 AM
I haven't really kept up with RoH in a long time. I heard that Gabe was done as booker and Adam Pearce was booking though. Any major storylines going on, besides the aforementioned Aries/Jacobs/Black storylines?

Going to their first show of the year in a couple weeks (Jan 16th in VA) and was wondering what to expect. I obviously don't mean what to expect in terms of the matches announced but in terms of booking, who's moved up the card/down the card etc. Anything changed or has it continued to slide into mediocrity?

Mr. Nerfect
12-30-2008, 02:48 AM
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

Learn to ignore!

OM NOM NOM!

Thank you, Obi-Wan. I am glad I chose you as my master. Wait, no I didn't...fuck off.

Mr. Nerfect
12-30-2008, 02:56 AM
I haven't really kept up with RoH in a long time. I heard that Gabe was done as booker and Adam Pearce was booking though. Any major storylines going on, besides the aforementioned Aries/Jacobs/Black storylines?

Going to their first show of the year in a couple weeks (Jan 16th in VA) and was wondering what to expect. I obviously don't mean what to expect in terms of the matches announced but in terms of booking, who's moved up the card/down the card etc. Anything changed or has it continued to slide into mediocrity?

From what I've read, it really seems quite good. Nigel McGuinness is still ROH World Champion, with the idea behind his reign being that he's about to surpass Bryan Danielson's reign in terms of length. Not sure where he was a year ago, but he's a full-blown heel now.

Claudio Castagnoli and Austin Aries are both heels now. Claudio was upset because he kept losing, and he's just snapped and become more serious. Aries' turn is pretty similar, but seems more fuelled by specific motives. It will be interesting to see why he re-alligned himself with Jimmy Jacobs.

Tyler Black has pretty much been a fireball picking up momentum, but it seems Aries, Danielson and Jerry Lynn (now a full-time roster member) are all shooting ahead of him to challenge McGuinness, while Black feuds with his former partner in Jimmy Jacobs.

Basically, I suggest you go read this column. It's probably the best way to get up-to-date with ROH: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/93267/Column-of-Honor:-12.27.08:-Final-Column-2008-Part-One.htm

There is a little scroll menu down the bottom to see his other columns, including parts two, three and four of that one. He's a great wrestling writer, and makes tools like Xero look like complete, well, tools, for calling me out on "four page posts."