PDA

View Full Version : Saul Williams

Requiem
01-01-2009, 05:38 AM
I don't care for hip-hop at all, but his music really doesn't come off as traditional hip-hop. This guy is a sick fucking lyricist. His first album is amazing, though admittedly I haven't listened to much else except for a little of his most recent one. Guy is an amazing poet. Anyone else into this dude? He's been around for years.

Blitz
01-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah just listened to his self titled album a while ago. Great stuff. Gonna check out Niggy Tardust soon.

Requiem
01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
You can definitely hear some of Trent Reznor's influence in NiggyTardust, but his vocals are pretty awesome in it. Still loving his first album, and the first track off his self-titled is probably one of my favorites.

Blitz
01-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Talk To Strangers? Yeah one of my faves too. Black Stacey and Act III, Scene 2 are pretty hot too.

Requiem
01-01-2009, 04:54 PM
There has to be more people here that listen to this dude. There are always people talking about hip-hop here.

Lalala, Penny For A Thought, Untimely Meditations, Om Nia Merican, 1987.. are all some really sick tracks from his first album "Amethyst Rock Star"

dronepool
09-11-2010, 08:19 PM
He's awesome.

Funky Fly
09-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I am familiar with Black Stacey, good ass song, but that's about it. I remember he blew up on MTV for like 2 weeks (every girl I knew was like "OMG did you see this Saul guy on TRL? HE IS SOOO GOOD!"), but that happens all the time then you never see the artist get mainstream recognition ever again.

dronepool
09-12-2010, 12:35 AM
I am familiar with Black Stacey, good ass song, but that's about it. I remember he blew up on MTV for like 2 weeks (every girl I knew was like "OMG did you see this Saul guy on TRL? HE IS SOOO GOOD!"), but that happens all the time then you never see the artist get mainstream recognition ever again.

Check out his Niggy Tardust album, most of it was a collaboration with Trent Reznor and it's awesome.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/THcAIda595Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/THcAIda595Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>