Xero
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
THE GAMING FORUM: THATAWAY ^

Chavo Classic
01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
No Mercy for the N64. Finest wrestling game ever produced

PapaGeorgio
01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
BEST: WCW/NWO REVENGE (my one friend makes us watch the intro everytime we play, fucker)

WORST: WCW BACKSTAGE BRAWL

THE MEDIOCRE: WWF ATTITUDE (I always felt it got a bad rap, i enjoyed it back in the day)

Also I have played wrestling games that weren't on the N64

El Fangel
01-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Best: Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain
Worst: Back Tard Wrestling
Mediocre: Just Bring It

Xero
01-05-2009, 07:41 PM
That's better.

Best: Fire Pro, no contest. WCW Revenge is second.

Worst: LOW

Mediocre: WWF the Arcade Game/In Your House

Destor
01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Best: FPR
Worst: BYW 2
Mediocre: LOW

Fignuts
01-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Best: King of Colosseum II
Worst: WCW Nitro
Mediocre: Smackdown

Destor
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I finally played KoCII and I gotta say, not impressed.

Bad Company
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Best: WWF Warzone on PS1
Worst: WCW Nitro on PC
Mediocre: WWE Raw on Xbox

PorkSoda
01-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Best: WWF No Mercy N64.
Worst: WCW Nitro PC
Medicore: WWF Attitude N64.

Fox
01-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Best: Smackdown Here Comes the Pain (PS2)

Worst: WCW Nitro (N64)

Mediocre: ECW Wrestling (N64)

What Would Kevin Do?
01-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Best: King of Colosseum II
Worst: WCW Nitro
Mediocre: Smackdown

What Would Kevin Do?
01-05-2009, 11:39 PM
I have to pick KOCII for best.... Mainly because that's the only wrestling game where I can play it, see amazing "spots", lose, and not do it on purpose. No other game surprises me like it does.

Legend Killer
01-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Best: Day of Reckoning (Gamecube)

Worst: Royal Rumble (Dreamcast) Had to repeat wrestlers in the Royal Rumble Match

Mediocre: Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)

Fignuts
01-06-2009, 12:29 AM
I finally played KoCII and I gotta say, not impressed.

What about it didn't you like? Obviously the animation is prolly an issue for you, as its very stiff compared to smackdown. If you can get past that, you can find a deeper and more fulfilling experience than any other wrestling game, imo. Also, the learning curve is even higher than firepro. Once you get it down though, you can have matches that are more realistic, and more epic than any other game.

Fignuts
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
I have to pick KOCII for best.... Mainly because that's the only wrestling game where I can play it, see amazing "spots", lose, and not do it on purpose. No other game surprises me like it does.

Seriously, it replicates the actual psychology of pro wrestling better than any other game. But it should be noted that it simulates the puroresu style. And to really appreciate the game, you have to have a pretty good understanding of that style. You also have to have a lot of love for Japanese rosters, because there's very little you can do in edit mode, as far as making wwe/tna guys.

So I can definitly see why it's not for everybody. But Destor, you owe it to yourself to give it another chance.

D Mac
01-06-2009, 12:56 AM
TNA Impact is certainly among the top worst. Maybe 2nd or 3rd.

Fignuts
01-06-2009, 01:27 AM
No its not.

Every WCW game besides the aki ones are all worse than Impact. Along with every game akklaim ever made.

Impact isn't one of the better ones, but it's far from the worst.

Destor
01-06-2009, 02:12 AM
I'll it another shot Figgy. But yeah, nothing felt fluid to me. Me sucking was expected. But watching me get my ass whipped wasn't visually pleasing at all. Just my opinion.

Fignuts
01-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Its like firepro. You have to get an ass kicking til you learn the timing. It's just a little tougher because of the clutch system. But that system also leads to more moves per wretler than any other game. And more moves in general, than any other game.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-06-2009, 02:21 AM
just found a torrent of this KoC2 shit. I'll see if it works in PCSX2 or if not, force a friend to play it on their PS2.

OssMan
01-06-2009, 02:58 AM
What the fuck, No Mercy is the best wrestling game of all time. How is this debateable

Destor
01-06-2009, 02:59 AM
It was for awhile.

Penner
01-06-2009, 10:17 AM
No Mercy for the N64. Finest wrestling game ever produced

Gertner
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Best: Smackdown HCTM
Worst: WCW Thunder
Mediocre: WWF Attitude.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Best: Smackdown HCTM

Smackdown Here Comes The Money?

Xero
01-06-2009, 01:16 PM
AKA SvR 08.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-07-2009, 07:34 AM
just found a torrent of this KoC2 shit. I'll see if it works in PCSX2 or if not, force a friend to play it on their PS2.

YESSS IT WORKS

Will be playing tonight :D

#BROKEN Hasney
01-07-2009, 12:53 PM
It is now the best wrestling game.

That is all.

Savio
01-07-2009, 04:07 PM
THE BEST: No Mercy/HCTM

THE WORST: Backyard wrestling

THE MEDIOCRE: SvR 2

Vastardikai
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
best: Fire Pro
worst: ECW (PS2)
Mediocre: World Championship Wrestling (NES). I am one of the select few who can name all wrestlers off the top of his head.

Bad Company
01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
It is now the best wrestling game.

That is all.
Where'd you get the torrent? :D

Nowhere Man
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
BEST: WWF No Mercy

Fire Pro is an amazing game, but has such a steep learning curve that it's almost completely inaccessible to anyone but the most hardcore of fans. No Mercy had just the right balance of depth and user-friendliness.

WORST: WCW Mayhem

I never played Backstage Assault, but I can tell you for sure that Mayhem was just painful. The gameplay was repetitive and uninteresting, the graphics were ugly as hell, and the create-a-wrestler mode was just embarrassing.

MEDIOCRE: Smackdown vs. Raw series

There's nothing just outright offensively bad about them, but they really haven't gone out of their way to try anything new. And it's especially evident as the series has gone on. They're still all playable, but nothing to get excited about.

Crazy Nick
01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
BEST: No Mercy
WORST: WCW Nitro
MEDIOCRE: WWE RAW 2

#BROKEN Hasney
01-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Where'd you get the torrent? :D

Private tracker. I'll hook you up if I get an invite.

Indifferent Clox
01-08-2009, 05:32 PM
b:fpr
w: nitro
m: svr

James Steele
01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
BEST: WWF No Mercy
WORST: WCW Backstage Assault
MEDIOCRE: WWE RAW 2

Also, I have heard a lot about KoC and FPR. I am considering buying the US version of Fire Pro Returns. KoC looks better to me just because the reviews say that is had the depth of Fire Pro with the visuals of the modern games.

Fignuts
01-10-2009, 09:32 PM
The 3-D visuals can actually hurt KOC, in comparison to Firepro. Given the visual style of Firepro, you pretty much accuratly create anyone. In KOC, because of the increase in detail, it's very difficult to create accurate american wrestlers, from a visual standpoint. Often times impossible. There are still a ton of options, don't get me wrong. But they are all either generic attires, or they are someone else's. The biggest problem is the heads. Like firepro, KOC uses preset heads. No face or head shape warping or options.

For me, none of that matters much, because I enjoy puroresu more than american wrestling. So not being able to put in tna and wwe guys wasn't a big deal.

As for which game is better, they are both so good, that it comesdown to personal preference. They both have advantages over one another.

Firepro: Larger Roster, more up to date, More Matchtypes, More Wrestlers in the ring at once, Logo and Ring editor, much better wresler edit(caw), Danshoku Dino.

KOC II: Way better visuals, deeper gameplay, Liscensed by AJPW, NJPW, NOAH, Zero-1, and World Japan, more moves per wrestler, more moves than any other wrestling game, RIDICULOUS amount of really cool reversals, over 150 entrance themes, better title match mode.

One other really neat advantage KOC has is the ability to edit everything about the default wrestlers. In firepro, you can edit one of their four attires, and even then, only the appearance. In KOC, for each attire slot that a wrestler has, you can edit not only their appearance, but eerything else about them. A lot of the wrestlers have younger versions of themselves, with different profiles, entrances, and movesets. It's so simple a concept, yet probably one of the greatest features of any wrestling game ever.

Honestly tho dude. Firepro R is only 10-15 bucks new. No reason you can't afford both. But like I said, KOC II isn't for people looking to play with american wrestlers. It's strictly for puroresu purists, or for people who don't mind not using american guys.

The entire roster, with pics, can be found here:

http://kocaccess.gswf.org/

There are still a bunch of american guys in the game, perticularly in the templates section.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Yeah, Samoa Joe, D'Lo, Low Ki and Steve Corino are there by default.

The entrance musics awesome, it's like a WCW music archive of rip-off songs like Let The Bodys Hit The Floor, and Hogans Hendrix theme :D

Fignuts
01-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, Lo-ki in KOC is wayyyy better than the firepro version. He's got the ki krusher, ki lock, tidal wave, and even an avalanche ki krusher.

Samoa Joe needs to be edited pretty heavily tho.

Anybody Thrilla
01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
How do you play Firepro or whatever the hell else you're talking about?

DrA
01-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I liked Nitro

What Would Kevin Do?
01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah, Lo-ki in KOC is wayyyy better than the firepro version. He's got the ki krusher, ki lock, tidal wave, and even an avalanche ki krusher.

Samoa Joe needs to be edited pretty heavily tho.

Not to mention Low-ki has his own reversal style I believe, including a dragon sleeper out of fireman's carry moves.

Plus, Joe has his powerbomb into an STF.

And Jun Akiyama's Sterness Dust Alpha is probably one of the best animated moves from a wrestling game ever. It looks brutal.

Fignuts
01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Not to mention Low-ki has his own reversal style I believe, including a dragon sleeper out of fireman's carry moves.

Plus, Joe has his powerbomb into an STF.

And Jun Akiyama's Sterness Dust Alpha is probably one of the best animated moves from a wrestling game ever. It looks brutal.

Have not seen that ki reversal yet. Thats the great thing about the reversals. There are so many that after 2 years, there are still ones I havn't seen.

And yeah, Joe has some killer moves, like the powerbomb to stf, and the Chimeraplex, but his stats and logic need to be brought up to speed, and he needs the muscle buster.

Triple A
01-12-2009, 12:24 AM
No Mercy

G
01-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Revenge is the best. WM2000 was incredible too. No Mercy was great, but it was incredibly laggy during 4 man things.

XL
01-12-2009, 04:43 AM
BEST: No Mercy
Multi-strand career mode. Fully editable character models (well, appearance wise). Great glameplay. Just narrows out HCTP to make the crown.

WORST: WCW Backstage Assult
Woeful. Nothing more to say.

MEDIOCRE: Royal Rumble (Dreamcast)
There are many middle-off-the-road installments in wrestling game history, this one hasn't been mentioned.

The Mackem
01-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Used to love the old Royal Rumble both the old arcade one and the one that came out on the Sega Megadrive and Super Nintento - never played the one on the SNES but the one on the Megadrive was immense.

Xerzes
01-15-2009, 02:49 AM
Just got HCTP a couple days ago. It is as awesome as has been described.

The Mackem
02-09-2009, 04:01 AM
What are the best wrestling games to play on the PC?

HeartBreakMan2k
02-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Extreme Warfare Revenge. That is all.

The Mackem
02-09-2009, 05:48 AM
yeah still playing that :D