PDA

View Full Version : WWE is spoilin' for ratings...

KingofOldSchool
01-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Mr. McMahon returns in two weeks!

Yaaaay!

He better come out in the Pope Mobile since he's been prone to life threatening accidents...

Legend Killer
01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
He better come out in the Pope Mobile since he's been prone to life threatening accidents...

No Chance in Hell!!!

Fox
01-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Vince is gonna come back and show those young whipper snappers like Cena, Orton, Batista and Jericho how to cut a charismatic but pointless RAW-opening twenty-five minute promo, because nobody does it better than Mister McMcMahon!

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2009, 03:40 AM
We all know that Vince will boost the ratings...

.44 Magdalene
01-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Vince is gonna come back and show those young whipper snappers like Cena, Orton, Batista and Jericho how to cut a charismatic but pointless RAW-opening twenty-five minute promo, because nobody does it better than Mister McMcMahon!

I want to laugh but I know this is totally what's going to happen

Kane Knight
01-06-2009, 08:09 AM
We all know that Vince will boost the ratings...

He probably will, at least short term. And since that's all WWE cares about, they'll call it a huge success.

Afterlife
01-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Long term things are such a wager in this business, tho.

Kane Knight
01-06-2009, 09:23 AM
They wouldn't be, if they were planned. Interesting cycle, yes?

HBKool96
01-06-2009, 12:25 PM
i hope vince is alright after what happened.

Afterlife
01-06-2009, 01:02 PM
They wouldn't be, if they were planned. Interesting cycle, yes?

Yeah, but the last time I recall them trying that was Kennedy's MITB win where he announced he was cashing it in at the following WM. And then an injury hit him, and they rewrote everything.

Afterlife
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM

^---What is this?

Xero
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I hope he has bionic legs now.

Or they could claim he got implants from Chuck Norris. I think the joke is old enough for Vince to pick up on it.

Jordan
01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I just hope he isn't going to book himself in a match at Wrestlemania. That would suck.

Jordan
01-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Unless it's like a 6-10 man tag, those are great.

Afterlife
01-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Unless it's like a 6-10 man tag, those are great.

Tornado! :y:

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Woooo, long, pointless, rambling promos that don't really cap anything off or start a real story arc! You know he is going to pick a fight with a random upper midcard/semi-mainevent face as well for some bullshit reason, like vince doesn't think they have been towing the line. He will then get probably Knox as his back up for a series of matches.

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Speaking of faces, I guess it would be Rey, and Knox already has a problem, so it wouldn't be that random, so Vince will go after CM Punk because that will make less sence.

Kane Knight
01-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, but the last time I recall them trying that was Kennedy's MITB win where he announced he was cashing it in at the following WM. And then an injury hit him, and they rewrote everything.

And even with the intial report on how long it would take, he still could have followed the original plans and been viable. The problem wasn't the long-term plan, it's that they panicked and did something knee-jerky even when they had the facts.

Given the choice between sticking with their long-term plan and blowing their load early, when both were possible, they didn't choose the long-term plan. I think that's actually indicative of the problem in their planning.

Lux
01-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Woooo, long, pointless, rambling promos that don't really cap anything off or start a real story arc! You know he is going to pick a fight with a random upper midcard/semi-mainevent face as well for some bullshit reason, like vince doesn't think they have been towing the line. He will then get probably Knox as his back up for a series of matches.

Also very classic in the Smackdown Vs. Raw series, brought to you by THQ.

Afterlife
01-06-2009, 06:02 PM
And even with the intial report on how long it would take, he still could have followed the original plans and been viable. The problem wasn't the long-term plan, it's that they panicked and did something knee-jerky even when they had the facts.

Given the choice between sticking with their long-term plan and blowing their load early, when both were possible, they didn't choose the long-term plan. I think that's actually indicative of the problem in their planning.

I'm not arguing that, but when they panicked in Kennedy's case, they thought he was going to be out for 6 to 8 months. It was a week later (if that long) that they changed it to 6 weeks. Why they didn't change the story back when they got this information, I have no idea. They seem to like to alter things only when shit hits the fan, but never when order comes to the chaos. Hell, they can't keep a straight thought on this Legacy business, which is getting dangerously close to WCW "thinking".

Juan
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I have a feeling this will a be a one time appearence, to give Steph his seal of approval, either that or give Shane control of RAW.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2009, 02:10 AM

I'm still certain that Mr. Kennedy was not meant to cash in at WrestleMania. He was a slimy heel at the time. I would have expected him to cash in after a random filler PPV, or something, while Michael Cole kept screaming "Not like this!"

And when The Undertaker was injured, Money in the Bank was the obvious way to go to get the title off him. Kennedy would have won it then, if he himself was healthy at the time.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2009, 02:16 AM
I'm sort of hoping that Vince announces a new General Manager. It just seems untidy to me that SmackDown! and ECW each have one, but RAW is run by one of the Executive Vice Presidents. Also, who is "President" if Shane and Steph are "Vice Presidents?"

I'm thinking he may also announce that WWE Superstars show.

Kane Knight
01-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm not arguing that, but when they panicked in Kennedy's case, they thought he was going to be out for 6 to 8 months. It was a week later (if that long) that they changed it to 6 weeks. Why they didn't change the story back when they got this information, I have no idea. They seem to like to alter things only when shit hits the fan, but never when order comes to the chaos. Hell, they can't keep a straight thought on this Legacy business, which is getting dangerously close to WCW "thinking".

Kennedy announced he'd cash it in at Mania (And almost anything on the subject seemed to confirm that). Which gave more than enough time. Six weeks or Six months, it doesn't matter. They had a long term plan, and they ignored it.

Afterlife
01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
But Kennedy also wasn't anyway near The Top when he won the MITB. A straight year of successes and momentum would have made a title shot at Mania valid. But without it, he would have been a midcarder who got there on good luck.

I'm not saying that's bad -- I've been begging foir yearsa to have a Stevie Richards kinda guy win the Rumble. But, that's not how WWE thinks. They talk about surprises and nevber give us any. Putting that aside, I don't see anybody getting a push from midcard to WM ME in 6 months.

Especially when your company has the nerve of a paranoid meerkat.

BigDaddyCool
01-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm sort of hoping that Vince announces a new General Manager. It just seems untidy to me that SmackDown! and ECW each have one, but RAW is run by one of the Executive Vice Presidents. Also, who is "President" if Shane and Steph are "Vice Presidents?"

I'm thinking he may also announce that WWE Superstars show.

I believe Linda is the CEO of WWE which is the same as president. In corporations, Vice Presidents are the term given to the head of an entire division, but they have changed the term President to Cheif Executive Officer for whatever reason, while CFO is the head accountant. I am not trying to talk down to you, I'm just throwing that out there. Douche bag.

Afterlife
01-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I thought Vince was the President.

BigDaddyCool
01-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Vince is Chairman of the Board.

http://corporate.wwe.com/governance/board.jsp

http://corporate.wwe.com/governance/executive.jsp

Kane Knight
01-07-2009, 01:44 PM
But Kennedy also wasn't anyway near The Top when he won the MITB. A straight year of successes and momentum would have made a title shot at Mania valid. But without it, he would have been a midcarder who got there on good luck.

I'm not saying that's bad -- I've been begging foir yearsa to have a Stevie Richards kinda guy win the Rumble. But, that's not how WWE thinks. They talk about surprises and nevber give us any. Putting that aside, I don't see anybody getting a push from midcard to WM ME in 6 months.

Especially when your company has the nerve of a paranoid meerkat.

Paranoid Meekrat on meth.

But still, they could have continued much of the promotional work. And Hell, if they couldn't get him over, they still had half a year to drop the MitB to someone else.

GD
01-07-2009, 02:36 PM

Me too. (He is my fav!)

Afterlife
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Paranoid Meekrat on meth.

But still, they could have continued much of the promotional work. And Hell, if they couldn't get him over, they still had half a year to drop the MitB to someone else.

Oh, I'm not arguing that. I think they pissed the whole thing down their collective leg. I'm just saying, that's the last I recall of any "long term plans", and they freaked at the first sign of trouble.

Kane Knight
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Which is sort of the issue. When they hit a bump, they jumped right back into short-term mode. I think they believe long-term booking is a bad idea based on their experience with it. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, if you wheeeeeel.

It also doesn't hurt that they often don't do thinking up front, either. Orton was pushed to the moon, on to his way to "greatness," even though it was pretty well established he was a dick and probably trouble. Which also leads me to their long game and their views on drugs and steroids. Though that last part could just be because Vince and his lot are carnies at heart, and think they're pulling one over on the "rubes."

Fox
01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I forget the storyline reason for his departure.

Afterlife
01-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't think Vince is a Carnie.

Xero
01-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Of course he isn't.

He's a Kizarny.

parkmania
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I still hold out hope for Vince returning as "Crazy Uncle Vinnie" like he was when his hair was just starting to regrow after WM 23 and he had that weird almost-southern-drawl.

Also, Fox, the storyline was that the Million Dollar Giveaway sign fell on him.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2009, 09:16 PM
I believe Linda is the CEO of WWE which is the same as president. In corporations, Vice Presidents are the term given to the head of an entire division, but they have changed the term President to Cheif Executive Officer for whatever reason, while CFO is the head accountant. I am not trying to talk down to you, I'm just throwing that out there. Douche bag.

I'm not familiar with American business, too much. Thank you for answering. It was sort of a rhetorical thought, though. I just find it mildly amusing (although I'm sure it's something that actually happens all the time), that you can have someone with a VP title, when there is no officially P to be the V to.

Looking into it, I've found documents that say that a President can either report to the CEO as COO (which would make Donna Goldsmith the President) or is synonymous with "Chairman of the Board," which would make Vince President. I'm thinking that President may be a flexible term? But you may know better. I should read more about American business.

BigDaddyCool
01-08-2009, 09:16 PM
FourFifty wanted more money so he tried to kill Vince somehow thinking that would get him more money. Those crazy jews.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I still think it would be awesome if it were William Regal. Long live the king!

BigDaddyCool
01-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Shane and Stephanie are excutive vice presidents. Shane's official title is Excutive Vice President of Global Media and Steph's official title is Excutive Vice President of Creative, Writing, Talent Relations and Live Events. WWE does not have anyone with the official title of President. But Linda is the CEO which in effect is the President. All of which I have already said. Quit making it more complicated.

Kane Knight
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't think Vince is a Carnie.
He is totally a carnie.

Fox
01-08-2009, 09:44 PM
corporate carnie

Legend Killer
01-08-2009, 09:45 PM
He is totally a carnie.

He does play bullshit games with our heads.

TapOut
01-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Vince will come back and damn the roster for being unorderly. You've got Knox attacking Mysterio, you had Kane running around attacking people, Jericho punching women, Orton punting people in the head....

To teach them a lesson, he will randomly start a feud with Cena and will commit attempted murder.

Afterlife
01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
He is totally a carnie.

Meh. I disagree.

Kane Knight
01-09-2009, 01:34 AM
corporate carnie

He's more a Connecticut Hillbilly. Vince still fancies us "marks" and himself a PT Barnum figure.

XL
01-09-2009, 07:41 AM

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WWE!!

Well, yeah, it can...but it won't. We'll more than likely get the obvious, played out scenarios happening again and again.

Afterlife
01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WWE!!

Well, yeah, it can...but it won't. We'll more than likely get the obvious, played out scenarios happening again and again.

Oh, o.k., Kane Knight. :kiss:

HBKool96
01-10-2009, 12:47 AM
someone here tried to kill vince? what happened?

FourFifty
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
He's more a Connecticut Hillbilly. Vince still fancies us "marks" and himself a PT Barnum figure.

However PT Barnum always wanted to give his patrons a bang for their buck, and did it for the most part.
Vince on the other hand...... Well.....
Katie Vick.
Need I say more? This is a huge wrestling fan here (hell, I owe my lifestyle to the company) but some scars just never heal.

Kane Knight
01-10-2009, 09:58 AM
The company made you a Jewish homosexual? :shifty:

Vince is definitely no Barnum. But how bad does he want to be? :D

FourFifty
01-10-2009, 10:01 AM
If anything I should be a fucking Catholic. I grew up watching Barry Horowitz lose!

Kane Knight
01-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Did he lose to a guy who was blowing boys or something? ;)