PDA

View Full Version : I watched Raw last night for the first time in a while

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2009, 03:07 PM
and I couldn't help but notice that pretty much everyone in the main event that cut a promo last night talked the exact same way. They all used the same slow, drawn out for dramatic effect monotone voice the whole time. It reminded me of Keanu Reeves' acting. HBK, Jericho, Orton, and Stephanie all used this same voice. There was just no excitement and no inflection. Everyone with the exception of JBL seemed like they were either sleepy or bored. Maybe it was just this one show but man, how can anyone get pumped up for that?

Also, I may start watching Raw again just because Santino Marella is awesome.

Thanks for reading!

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Truth. They are all using this super serious tone. None of them are being cocky, they are just being slow and delibrate and boring.

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
The heels are probably be boring so that Cena looks better by comparison, and his fans like him more, cause his fans are mostly entertains by bright colors and loud sounds being that they are only 3.

El Fangel
01-06-2009, 03:22 PM
I was half watching it, as the Gold Medal game was on, if it was as bad as you say it was, that is horrible. I am glad I ddint watch the first hour. I wanted to see Christian :rant:

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Christian will be on smackdown, not raw.

JT
01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
With Jericho and Stephanie, I think they needed to go in that direction because before this their characters where the bratty child like...I like that their character's are a bit more mature now.

Randy...well Randy only has one mode and that's "boring". I don't think he know's how to be more exciting than he is.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Its not the characters themselves that are bad its just that they all blend together when put side by side. Stephanie's big girl in charge character sounds just like Jericho's I don't have the please anyone character which sounds just like Orton's cerebral character which sounds just like HBK's downtrodden sad guy character.

There was no contrasting element to make any of these characters stand out. I do like JBL's character and the way he delivers his promos

KingofOldSchool
01-06-2009, 04:13 PM
With Jericho and Stephanie, I think they needed to go in that direction because before this their characters where the bratty child like...I like that their character's are a bit more mature now.

Randy...well Randy only has one mode and that's "boring". I don't think he know's how to be more exciting than he is.

Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jericho

Xero
01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Santino

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe this is all because Vince is coming back and he told everyone to be terrible so he looks that much better in 2 weeks.

Kane Knight
01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Or maybe because most of them have been doing this for a while.

Legend Killer
01-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Orton last night cut a great promo when he kicked Sim out of the group.

BigDaddyCool
01-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I didn't see him kick Sim out of the group, I saw when he kicked Manu out of the group...

dablackguy
01-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jericho

Except Jericho was in (arguably) the best feud of last year with HBK

Great Orton feud of late.... yeah

Juan
01-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Raw was good last night.

HBKool96
01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
i liked raw. i'm really happy that hbk (he's my fav) didn't beat up on john cena, but they have a match next week. hbk needs to do the right thing and super kick jbl to hell.

Savio
01-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Except Jericho was in (arguably) the best feud of last year with HBK

Great Orton feud of late.... yeah
He HAS been out for awhile.

I hate how they just can't have HBK beat up cena. Why would he not attack him at all?

Savio
01-06-2009, 07:55 PM
i liked raw. i'm really happy that hbk (he's my fav) didn't beat up on john cena, but they have a match next week. hbk needs to do the right thing and super kick jbl to hell.ya cena is are champ

Xero
01-06-2009, 08:01 PM
i liked raw. i'm really happy that hbk (he's my fav) didn't beat up on john cena, but they have a match next week. hbk needs to do the right thing and super kick jbl to hell.

.............You cannot be serious....

James Steele
01-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey KK, quit being such a snarky sack of shit.

Legend Killer
01-06-2009, 08:14 PM

How old are you?:wtf:

KYR
01-06-2009, 08:16 PM
How old are you?:wtf:

I'm guessing the "96" in his name indicates the year of his birth. :shifty:

Xero
01-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Or he's 96 and just regressing.

Legend Killer
01-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Or he's 96 and just regressing.

I must spread some reputation before giving it to you again Xero.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Chris Jericho's character is awesome. People like Orton's too, but it doesn't do nearly as much for me. Why is he even like that again? We're like four and a half years overdue for a bad-ass Orton. We could have used him during his World Heavyweight Title reign in 2004.

Although he is not meant to be entertaining, I think it would have been great in that promo backstage with Steph, where Jericho revealed that Vince was returning, if he had busted out a line at the end like "By the way, Steph - you're still a filthy, dirty, disgusting, brutal, skanky, bottom-feeding, trash-bag ho" in a dark, yet sly sort of way.

HBKool96
01-07-2009, 12:41 AM
why would it matter how old i am? we're all wrestling fans here, right?
and no, i'm not 96.

KYR
01-07-2009, 12:43 AM
why would it matter how old i am? we're all wrestling fans here, right?

Well at least Juan of us is :shifty:

Fox
01-07-2009, 01:25 AM

dude he cant do that cuz if he does jbl willn't give him the money anymore and then what will hbk do??? do you want him off the wwe universe or someting???

COME ON!

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Shawn Michaels is a massive hypocrite for giving away all his money to people from high school, and then not accepting some help from his best friend, and being a whiny bitch about it.

Yeah, I was going to write it without grammar or punctuation, but I just can't bring myself to do that. I just can't.

.44 Magdalene
01-07-2009, 01:45 AM
hai guys whats goin on n here?

KYR
01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
The new kid's smitten with HBK.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2009, 02:08 AM
I have to be honest, I really didn't get the tension between Shawn Michaels and John Cena on the show. Jerry Lawler kept asking "Is HBK going to do what's right or what's right for JBL?" I came in late, so I have no clue what that was about. I know JBL is facing John Cena at the Royal Rumble, but what was right for JBL? Orton and Jericho beating the World Heavyweight Champion and getting a good claim for receiving a shot at the belt? Why would HBK have turned on Cena?

Maybe to soften him up, but that would have been after the match, but evidently he wasn't told to do that, but for some reason he was still all angry at Cena.

Can someone explain it to me? It seems like there are some good ideas in this story, but they just don't add up.

James Steele
01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
He is still pissed about Cena forgetting how to sell in Detroit.

GD
01-07-2009, 08:49 AM

Q:
How can HBM (ZOMG! He is my fav :wave:) super kick Bradshaw (Bad bad man :() to hell (:wtf:)?

GD
01-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Ans:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3981/142eo7.jpg (He's my fav toooooo!!!)

Xero
01-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Oh my GOD!

Kane Knight
01-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I'm watching Raw right now, and it's basically business as usual. IT doesn't make it any less true that almost everyone is delivering promos exactly the same, it's just that they're not doing anything new or different.

Kane Knight
01-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh my CENA!

dablackguy
01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=Savior;2389091]He HAS been out for awhile.

QUOTE]

Jericho didn't wrestler a full year either