PDA

View Full Version : Bischoff is not a Hardy fan.

Haze
01-10-2009, 07:59 PM
This is an excerpt from Bischoff's blog (http://www.ericbischoff.com/blog.asp?Path=T1,0003&MaxListings=)

ON MATT HARDY’S RECENT REVIEW OF “THE WRESTLER”

Matt, you are a friggin goof. Lets set aside the fact that your brother is walking a “three strikes and you’re out” tight rope as a result of his drug abuse, and if internet “news” was accurate, suffered the loss of his home and property due to a fire because he was too irresponsible to insure it. Your recent recap of your “lifestyle” frames you as a candidate to the Jake Roberts Hall of Fame. Your suggestion that you and your generation are “smarter and more responsible” than previous generations of wrestlers makes me sick. You are a mid-card talent that should be grateful to even get a check every other week. Enjoy it while it lasts. And rather than looking down your nose at previous generations of professional wrestlers, donate a portion of your check to one of them and ask them to point out all the parallels between your current career path/lifestyle and theirs.

It would be the smartest and most responsible thing you could do.

Geez Eric, tell us how you really feel...

Xero
01-10-2009, 08:01 PM
"Matt, you are a friggin goof. Lets set aside the fact that your brother is walking a “three strikes and you’re out” tight rope as a result of his drug abuse"

I fucking love The Bisch.

Though admittedly, I know he'd be doing the same thing if he had Hardy and he drew for him.

Jeritron
01-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Some of what he says is true I suppose, although he really shouldn't say any of it. He certainly shouldn't preach about responsibility. I also have a hard time taking the "mid card talent" thing seriously, since he said the same thing about Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Jeritron
01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I have to say lol to him saying he should be grateful to get a check every week and enjoy it while it lasts. I think he's blinded by some personal vendetta

Nark Order
01-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Though admittedly, I know he'd be doing the same thing if he had Hardy and he drew for him.

LOL. No he wouldn't as Matt Hardy's name is not Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Kevin Nash, or Bill Goldberg.

Xero
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
LOL. No he wouldn't as Matt Hardy's name is not Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Kevin Nash, or Bill Goldberg.

I'm talking about Jeff Hardy.

Trust me, if WCW was in business today Hardy would be near the top of the "Talent to Steal" list.

Mr. Nerfect
01-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Some of what he says is true I suppose, although he really shouldn't say any of it. He certainly shouldn't preach about responsibility. I also have a hard time taking the "mid card talent" thing seriously, since he said the same thing about Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Also, Bisch is silly for not realising that the WWE wants its employees to talk a little shit about how the movie isn't relevant to today's wrestling scene.

Vastardikai
01-10-2009, 10:49 PM
It's not like Bischoff released "Midcard talent" that didn't go on to draw huge for Vince McMahon.

Well, except Steve Austin. But who knew he could talk?

And Mick Foley. But come on, do you honestly believe that some guy who tries to kill himself for the fans would get over?

Or maybe Chris Jericho. But he's too short to main event, right?

I can go on...

Mr. Nerfect
01-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Bischoff targeted Hardy way too personally. I wonder if there's more to the story.

The Optimist
01-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Man. Sucks that he's got alot of professional clout in the buisness.

Jeritron
01-11-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm talking about Jeff Hardy.

Trust me, if WCW was in business today Hardy would be near the top of the "Talent to Steal" list.

Yes, which is funny because Bischoff would be the type of guy rooting for him to get a third strike so he could benefit from the release. He'd hire him no questions asked, and condone a "Jake Roberts Hall of Fame" lifestyle in the name of the weekly ratings. At the very least he'd look the other way. Of course, it wouldn't matter very long because he'd find a way to turn a bonafide draw into a midcarder, while releasing midcarders who become bonafide draws.
Hardly a righteous opinion given in the "bisch blog". More like the musings of an asshole.

I usually give Bischoff due credit, but this really was assinine.

TapOut
01-11-2009, 03:42 AM
This coming from a guy who would have hired Charlie Haas or Snitsky if he was a friend of Hogan's. Hell, he probably would have hired anyone if they were in the WWF when he was running WCW. I even saw Barry Horrowitz in WCW for awhile.

Maybe Bischoff is watching Hardy on mute, because last time I checked, Matt was pretty damn over and could probably be world champ if they utilized him correctly.

I usually like Bisch. I'm not sure what made him write something so ridiculous. Especially considering he tied to his name to "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling".

Jeritron
01-11-2009, 03:53 AM
Bischoff doesn't know nearly as much about wrestling as he would make you think with statements like that, and this is proven not only by how assinine it is on it's own, but with his history as well. He knows how to manipulate systems by leaving ethics at the door. He certainly deserves credit for what he accomplished, even if he did it by being lawless. He was to wrestling as the Joker was to Gotham City in The Dark Knight. By proceeding with no rules and being clever, he took everyone by storm. Too bad he didn't know what to do once he did though.

Bottom line though, is the track record points to him knowing fuck all about wrestling or business. He had a lot of money to help him to the top, and he made some smart moves. Unfortunately, he pissed away tons and spent money on NOTHING.

Then what did he do? Try to manipulate Hogan into promoting failed energy drinks, or put together business endeavors that didn't garner a blip on the radar?

Doesn't make much sense to me for him to comment on someone's abilities professionally within wrestling. That's where "responsibility" comes in. He wasn't very responsible with WCW, money, talent, or relations circa 1999.
Just like Matt Hardy may think he's smarter than the older generations, Bischoff thought he was smarter than the old timers in wrestling. At the end of the day, he lost.

Juan
01-11-2009, 03:55 AM
lol what does Jeff Hardy have to do with this? Fuckin Bish :nono:

Jeritron
01-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Even if Jeff is foolish for what he did, attacking it for leverage in a war of words is not only ruthless and uncalled for, but childish. It also displays flawed argument skills. The guy's method seems to be to go for the jugular and check all professionalism and reason at the door. Fitting, since the guy is renowned for making business decisions based on ego, temper, and personal crusades.

TapOut
01-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Also, it's worth mentioning the guy was fired and brought back because thousands of fans in the arena were chanting "We want Matt!" on a weekly basis. Yeah, Edge being a good heel and "outside circumstances" had a bit to do with it, but Matt was also a decent enough talent to warrant the reaction.

It says a lot Matt got this over outside of his tag team. Few times do both partners in a tag team get as over as single stars as the Hardys.

Yeah, Bischoff is full of shit here.

GD
01-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Matt is definitely gonna have some comments on the internet!

Sting Fan
01-11-2009, 08:27 AM
A war of words over the internet by wrestling personalitys, gosh im all aquiver.