PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Holly Yay or Nay

Rollermacka
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JnaN6u7kmck&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://hidemyprivacy.com/browse.php?u=Oi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3YvSm5hTjZ1N2ttY2smaGw9ZW4mZnM9MQ%3D%3D&b=31" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So I know Noid has been waiting for this one (dont worry buddy, I'm gonna do a Venus Yay or Nay soon) so what do you guys got to say about good old Hardcore Holly. I was surprised that alot of people thought that Hardcore beating RVD for the ECW or if he had beaten Brock for the title in 2006 as a bad idea but I've always like Holly. He came in as a gimmick Race Car driver turned wrestler as Thurman "Sparky" Plugg (TSP) then bulked up, cut the mullet and dyed his hair and joined the Hardcore division. I thought he had some good hardcore matches early 2000's with Tazz, Raven, and Crash. I though they kinda found a good spot with him in ECW, but then they got rid of Balls Mahoney, Sandman, Sabu and RVD and most of the extreme rules matches so he just was teamed with Cody. Then Cody started getting a push so he's probably gonna be released with the upcoming spring cleaning and 2 weeks later he'll be TNA world champ :shifty: So I'm gonna say Meh with a slight Yay.

Dorkchop
01-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Nay. I don't think he ever entertained me.

Kane Knight
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I've never seen him work, but according to OSQ, he's a solid worker with above average charisma who is well-liked by most crowds. I love his history of professionalism and work ethic, so yay.

Evil Vito
01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I give Bobcore a meh. I really liked his hardcore stuff from 99/2000 when his name was actually relevant. Besides that though, meh.</font>

screech
01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Meh. I did like his hardcore stuff, but not much else. His ECW stint didn't impress me too much. I didn't hate him, but I didn't love him either. Plus the main things I remember about him are Kurt Angle breaking his arm with a botched moonsault, and him almost losing his arm to that dastardly infection.

Lux
01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Two thumbs.... no not even down. HE GETS NOTHING@!

Nark Order
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I've never seen him work, but according to OSQ, he's a solid worker with above average charisma who is well-liked by most crowds. I love his history of professionalism and work ethic, so yay.

What professionism are you speaking of? The stiffing every rookie he gets in the ring with to the point of possible injury?

BigDaddyCool
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I always liked him.

thedamndest
01-13-2009, 03:00 PM
The best part about him was Crash Holly...RIP.

Mercury Bullet
01-13-2009, 03:06 PM
An emphatic NAY

Kane Knight
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
What professionism are you speaking of? The stiffing every rookie he gets in the ring with to the point of possible injury?

You act as though it's his fault that young wrestlers just aren't qualified to handle themselves in the ring. Sure, he may wrestle a lot of green workers, but stiffing? That's preposterous. Simply nonsense.

Nark Order
01-13-2009, 04:30 PM
What? Bobcore is NOTORIOUS for being a major asshole to rookies and stiffing them any chance he gets. He did it to Matt Cappotelli, he did it to Rene Dupree, and others that are escaping me atm.

Nark Order
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Looked it up. Bobcore knocked Rene Dupree almost completely unconscious with a stiff chairshot and several legitimate shoot punches and picks during a tag match they had over a rental car issue they had with each other.

Pretty professional there.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-13-2009, 04:51 PM
lol if he was fucking ME up like that I'd kick him sooooo hard in the balls.

GD
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Looked it up. Bobcore knocked Rene Dupree almost completely unconscious with a stiff chairshot and several legitimate shoot punches and picks during a tag match they had over a rental car issue they had with each other.

Pretty professional there.

Video request :wave:

Juan
01-13-2009, 06:36 PM
lol KK

Kane Knight
01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
What? Bobcore is NOTORIOUS for being a major asshole to rookies and stiffing them any chance he gets. He did it to Matt Cappotelli, he did it to Rene Dupree, and others that are escaping me atm.

Internet dirt sheets. You can't trust them. They have a clear political bias.

Nark Order
01-13-2009, 07:38 PM
KK, come on now. The Matt Capotelli thing was on the show Tough Enough for christ sake. They all talked about how it was a dick move on Bob's part and Matt had his eye swollen shut.

Xero
01-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Because Tough Enough was such a shoot.

Not disagreeing with you, but come on.

The Optimist
01-13-2009, 07:55 PM
As long as I've been watching he's sold the shit-tough badass personality well. And there's not really anything bad about that. And the match with Rob in ECW when he gashed his back and kept going for like ten more minutes was cool. Mostly meh, since that's the most use out of him there's ever been, with a slight yay.

KYR
01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
C'mon.

If wrestlers are gonna start bitching and crying about someone working stiff against them then GTFO out of the business.

I enjoy a bit of real biffo in what is referred to as a "fake" sport.

Juan
01-13-2009, 08:18 PM
That extreme rules match he had with RVD was pretty sweet.

Nark Order
01-13-2009, 08:19 PM
KYR, I would say to a certain extent I even agree with you but it kind of crosses some lines when certain people are afraid to go out and entertain the fans in fear of what a headcase their opponent is. I mean, he put a severe beatdown on Dupree. lol. His face was pretty gross afterwards.

KYR
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah but we don't know the circumstances surrounding the beatdown.

How old was Dupree at the time? 18?

Probably came across as a huge arrogant douche and Holly just put him in his place.

Could've been worse for him. JBL may have decided to "have a word with him in the shower". :shifty:

The Genius
01-13-2009, 11:16 PM
sparky plugg nay
attitude era w/ crash yay
post attitude nay
overall meh

Fox
01-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Nay... he was watchable in the late 90's in the Hardcore division with Al Snow and others, when they used to do crazy shit and fight backstage and outside, but I never liked him. maybe they should've re-tooled him in a comedy gimmick as Alabama Man ("he's quick, he's strong, he's active - Alabama Man!")? I would've "Yay'ed" that.

Kane Knight
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
KK, come on now. The Matt Capotelli thing was on the show Tough Enough for christ sake. They all talked about how it was a dick move on Bob's part and Matt had his eye swollen shut.

Ah yes, the soap opera WWE put on between the soaps people actually cared about.

In other words, it's still real to me, dammit.

Outsider
01-14-2009, 10:14 AM
No. The fact that he has a job constantly winds me up.

Go away Bob.

Haze
01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Had to vote meh.

if it were 98', or 99' it would have been a solid Yay.

Xero
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I would've "Yay'ed" that.

No you wouldn't have. You would have been bitching about how stupid it is and how he needs to stop taking TV time away from other wrestlers.