PDA

View Full Version : WWE Releases Two More Including Mickie

Xero
01-14-2009, 05:20 PM
From PWInsider.

Referee Mickie Henson (who prior to working for WWE, worked as Mickey Jay in WCW and several territories during his over 20 years in the business) has been released. Henson has been out on medical leave from the company and has not been on TV in some time.

Matt Cappotelli has also been released. Cappotelli won a WWE contract in Tough Enough III (the same season that John Morrison won a contract), and was working in OVW when he was diagnosed with brain cancer. He underwent successful surgery in May of 2007 to have a tumor removed and had hoped to return to the ring at some point.

Legend Killer
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
This sucks to hear about Matt, but who gives a fuck about Mickie Henson, I'm more concerned about Just Joe than I am Mickie Henson.

Kalyx triaD
01-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Nice swerve there. IGN wants you.

Xero
01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Thank you, douche bag.

Shadow
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
So we're gonna have to kill Xero right?

RGWhat316
01-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Luckily I already read this elsewhere, or I probably would have freaked out a little bit. Poor Matt has no luck. Bob Holly actually released him 4 years ago, Vince just finally got around to making it official.

Blue Demon
01-14-2009, 09:46 PM
DAMN!

http://www.wrestleview.com/news08/1231979562.shtml

While a majority of the WWE cuts on Friday were either made public by the company or through other wrestling media, a few more names that were cut that didn't get announced publicly are now out courtesy of a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The first includes Bob Remus (Sgt. Slaughter) who had been working as a road agent and was expected to have a position for life with the company.

Another includes Ron Simmons who for the last two years had been doing frequent cameos on TV doing his "Damn!" bit. Simmons had been in rehab last year and made his return to TV in November for the 800th episode celebration of Monday Night Raw along with the Slammys show.

Referee Mickie Henson was also cut by WWE joining referees Jimmy Korderas, Mike Posey and Kennan Quinn. Henson's referee career dates back to the territorial days with Championship Wrestling in Florida and later with WCW. He was hired by WWE shortly after the purchase of WCW and had been used ever since. Henson was out of action the last few months with undisclosed health problems and it wasn't known if he was going to make a full-time return.

PWInsider reports that former WWE Tough Enough III contestant Matt Cappotelli was also cut by the company. Cappotelli was working in Ohio Valley Wrestling when he was diagnosed with brain cancer. He underwent successful surgery in May 2007 to have a tumor removed and was hopeful of a return to the ring.

There are said to be several other names that were let go by the company, but none have been confirmed at this time. When they are we will be sure to report on it.

Lux
01-15-2009, 03:34 AM
:(

Lux
01-15-2009, 03:34 AM
That was for Ron, fuck the ref's.

Blue Demon
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Also Sgt. Slaughter...I mean come on!

DAMN iNATOR
01-15-2009, 12:49 PM
That was for Ron, fuck the ref's.

Yeah...I know most people got sick of Ron's gimmick quickly, but it seemed at times (though not always) to be one of the only humorous points of RAW or a P-P-V, at any given random time. That's what made it work...the random timing-ness of the whole thing. This really sucks for me right now...

Fox
01-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I knew the thread suggestion was bogus. No way would they let Mickie James' fine ass go.

Londoner
01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
:shifty::shifty:

Innovator
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Cmon, how much was Cappotelli getting? Shoulda kept him on while recovering

HBKool96
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
i don't get it. i thoguht wwe was doing good, but now they're firing people all the time. didn't they give away a few million dollars last year? dumb idea, since they have to fire people