PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

Juan
01-15-2009, 02:29 AM
source: PWInsider.com

WWE
has released British developmental wrestler Hade Vansen. WWE ran a bizarre vignette on his planned character on SmackDown
a few weeks ago.

WWE had plans for his dark character with cult-esque overtones to engage in a feud with Undertaker, but Vince McMahon halted the direction following the initial vignette. McMahon didn't want new talent from developmental to be put in such a major angle before being tested and then trusted enough to carry the ball.

SmackDown creative team writer Michael Hayes came up with the idea for the storyline. He had plans for Kevin Fertig (a.k.a. Kevin Thorn) and the large masked developmental wrestler Black Pain to be associated with Vansen in some form before the character and direction were dropped. WWE released Fertig last week as well, so only Black Pain remains.

Vansen was signed to a developmental contract in May 2007 following a successful tryout during WWE's European tour. Vansen missed most of 2008 due to injury before returning in December.

.44 Magdalene
01-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Still kinda pissed about Kevin Fertig getting released.

Xerzes
01-15-2009, 02:40 AM
Complete lack of planning.

Lux
01-15-2009, 03:22 AM
Another WWE failure.

RGWhat316
01-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Too bad they didn't give it a chance. I would have liked to see how that would have played out. Maybe if this was the attitude era, they would have had a better chance.

Afterlife
01-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Yes. I see this as a situation blamed completely on WWE.

hb2k
01-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Still kinda pissed about Kevin Fertig getting released.

Why in the world would you care, he was so horribly uncharismatic...

The Mackem
01-15-2009, 09:09 AM
You know this happens all the time, why do they bother planning anything major for new talent?

Lux
01-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Why in the world would you care, he was so horribly uncharismatic...

Don't question .44 :mad:

BigDaddyCool
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
You know this happens all the time, why do they bother planning anything major for new talent?

They don't though.

The Mackem
01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
?

Adder
01-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Probably released him as much as to send a message to Hayes. Wrestling logic

XL
01-15-2009, 04:25 PM
They don't though.
Well they planned a lot around Fertig's first run as Mordecai...and that went the same way. Sometimes you can't blame Vince for the way he thinks.

BigDaddyCool
01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I always questions why do they keep trying occult angles. To me Undertaker is an expetion, not a rule. I think ole Mark would have done well in almost any gimmick, from Cowboy, to Biker, tough guy or anything, they just stuck him with a zombie gimmick and he made it work.

loopydate
01-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Well they planned a lot around Fertig's first run as Mordecai...and that went the same way. Sometimes you can't blame Vince for the way he thinks.

A lot of that, though, was that right off the bat, Mordecai was made to look vulnerable. If he was supposed to be a legitimate threat to the Deadman, Hardcore Holly shouldn't have been able to take him off his feet in a backstage fight. At least, I think it was Holly. Some midcarder.

XL
01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I remember he had a match with Rey, where Rey held his own.

Besides, I wasn't really refering to his kayfabe vunerability. Wasn't the character pulled because they decided Fertig was too green and couldn't handle the crowd. These things should have been spotted before they invested any time in building the character/taking him to TV.

My Final Heaven
01-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I remember he had a match with Rey, where Rey held his own.

His last match on TV was a job to Rey when he was in one of his "Giant Killer" builds :lol: