PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Money in the Bank.

D Mac
01-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah who's gonna win it this year?

Lock Jaw
01-27-2009, 01:00 AM
I actually hope they drop the Money in the Bank for a year or two.

Heyman
01-27-2009, 01:03 AM
I personally hope that MVP wins the Money In The Bank.

Heros Welcome
01-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Right now to me the front runner is Morrison.. Him and Miz are having one hell of a run as tag champs, there on every show and they always win. I feel both will qualify for MiTB and Morrison has a good chance at taking it, breaking away from Miz and going to further establish himself and maybe be in the thick of the title scene come the end of the year. As of today, that's what I think.

Fox
01-27-2009, 01:07 AM
I also hope that there is no Money in the Bank this year.

Heros Welcome
01-27-2009, 01:09 AM
I would be in favor of no MiTB if they gave us Hardys and E and C in a TLC match for the WWE title. 2 Ladder matches on one show wouldn't look right.

Volare
01-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Wasn't it in Houston at WM17 where Jeff and Edge did the Spear from the ladder to Jeff hanging spot?

Heros Welcome
01-27-2009, 01:23 AM
That is correct sir.

Volare
01-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Hmmm...the last couple of years they've been recreating "Wrestlemania moments", you don't think that could happen again with Edge/Jeff/Matt/(and maybe Christain)?

Nark Order
01-27-2009, 01:28 AM
I want them to do Money in the Bank, but I don't want it to be a ladder match. They don't really have to tbh. It's called the 'Money in the Bank Ladder match', could easily be called the 'Money in the Bank Battle Royal' or the 'Money in the Bank Elimination match'. Same prize, mixing it up a bit though with the matches.

D Mac
01-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Or, Money in the Bank Tournament.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 01:33 AM
There are a few possibilities this year. CM Punk could win it again, since he's taken a few steps back to mid-card level for a while, and it'd easily re-boost him back to main event status when it is convenient for the WWE. Another option is that Kofi Kingston or John Morrison steps up with the briefcase win.

I'm feeling that it may be Shelton Benjamin's year this year, though. Shelton has been a part of some of the greatest MITB moments in the match's history, and you figure he has to win it someday. The WWE keep testing the waters with a Shelton push, and it's obvious with the promos and vignettes they keep having him do, that they want to polish him for the main event scene. Shelton has been on fire in the ring recently, and has gotten the chance to shine in the ring with The Undertaker for the past two weeks, all the while being United States Champion.

Benjamin winning Money in the Bank would be the easiest and simplest way to get Benjamin from upper mid-card level to the main event. John Morrison can look good by "having the match won" (no is there to oppose him pulling down the briefcase), until The Miz runs in, tips the ladder over, and screws up his chances. I figure that The Miz and John Morrison could be feuding by then.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Actually, fuck it, I think Christian will win it.

Edge defends the WWE Title against Triple H, and Jeff Hardy gets tied up with Matt Hardy. Christian is left to enter MITB as the WWE's fireball off returning, and he carries that momentum through with a win and guaranteed World Title reign by the time WrestleMania XXVI rolls around.

Dave Youell
01-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Actually, fuck it, I think Christian will win it.

Edge defends the WWE Title against Triple H, and Jeff Hardy gets tied up with Matt Hardy. Christian is left to enter MITB as the WWE's fireball off returning, and he carries that momentum through with a win and guaranteed World Title reign by the time WrestleMania XXVI rolls around.

:y:

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 03:46 AM
As for participants in the match? I think John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin are such good performers in this sort of environment, that it is hard to imagine them doing anything else. And, of course, if Christian is to win, he will be in the match. Tommy Dreamer has been wanting to participate in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a while now, so why not let him in this year?

Evan Bourne, as one of the most pushed high-flyers in some time, is almost a lock for this sort of match. The only reason I cannot imagine him making it in, is because he is also probably the best bet as a challenger for Jack Swagger. I say they bring in RVD for a special deal, and let Swagger go over him, though. Well, let's just say they get something else for Swagger, so that Bourne can be in.

The Brian Kendrick looks so natural on a ladder, and is getting enough of a push to survive. Plus the x-factor of having Ezekiel Jackson being able to help him climb/pushing other guys over is something the WWE would love to harvest.

I believe that is six, so let's assume that two more guys go in. We've got no one from RAW, so let's make it two guys from there. Kane and Rey Mysterio. There.

Of course, it will probably vary a little bit (or a lot), but just an early Money in the Bank possibility: John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Evan Bourne vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio.

Afterlife
01-27-2009, 03:54 AM
I wish it was still only 6 guys.

Krimzon7
01-27-2009, 04:05 AM
I would like to see a face MVP win the MITB. Morrison shouldn't win it, even though I am a complete Mark. MVP could vault to the ME level with a good showing and win.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 04:39 AM
I think MVP does something with the US Title at WrestleMania. MVP vs. Umaga, perhaps? MVP will get to the top one way or another. I don't think he needs MITB. I actually think something like 2009 King of the Ring would do him better.

I also like the eight guy formula. It gets pretty crowded, but ladder matches have worked with eight guys before. You just need to give it time and really pace the spots well.

Come to think of it, take out Tommy Dreamer and add R-Truth to what I posted above. Dreamer can challenge for the ECW Title.

GD
01-27-2009, 05:00 AM
I hope for a Fatal 4 Way TLC Match for the WWE Championship feat. Edge (c) vs Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy vs Christian with Triple-H in a random Raw vs Smackdown match or a tag match.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2009, 08:40 AM
I'd still much rather they held off on the TLC Match. Edge vs. Triple H, with The Game going over and setting the new record for most WWE Championship wins (as well as holding the most World Heavyweight Title wins), while Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy wrestle each other, where Matt Hardy goes over. Christian then wins Money in the Bank, which becomes the prize they fight over when they do have a Ladder Match between those parties.

Londoner
01-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Could easily see MITB being between: CM Punk,Morisson,MVP,Shelton, Christian, Kofi,Kane and R-Truth, with Christian winning it

Legend Killer
01-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Could easily see MITB being between: CM Punk,Morisson,MVP,Shelton, Christian, Kofi,Kane and R-Truth, with Christian winning it

Now that's a hell of a match. Minus Kane.

Volare
01-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Take out Kane...and maybe put in (and yes call me crazy) Kozlov...think about it, the undefeated russian has the Money in the bank...they could build that up HUGE!! (expecially if they stress on the singles undefeated steak.)

Londoner
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Tbh i forgot about kozlov, I do agree he would be a better choice than Kane.

Team Sheep
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I would like to see an ECW guy win it this year and have them challenge the ECW champion. Either Dreamer or Evan Bourne.

Legend Killer
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Tbh i forgot about kozlov, I do agree he would be a better choice than Kane.

Well see Kozlov being undefeated, that was done to Edge in MITB already, I hope they don't repeat that angle.

Londoner
01-27-2009, 01:29 PM
I would like to see an ECW guy win it this year and have them challenge the ECW champion. Either Dreamer or Evan Bourne.

Having the winner challenge the ECW champ would be a waste,imo.

Team Sheep
01-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Having the winner challenge the ECW champ would be a waste,imo.

The point is to kind of keep it a little more low key this year. They've hyped it to death the past few years, it would be a nice change to just see it taken out of the lime light for a year and see an up and comer (or Dreamer due to his current storyline) challenge the ECW champ.

mynameiscarterr
01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
There are a few possibilities this year. CM Punk could win it again, since he's taken a few steps back to mid-card level for a while, and it'd easily re-boost him back to main event status when it is convenient for the WWE. Another option is that Kofi Kingston or John Morrison steps up with the briefcase win.

I could totally see CM Punk winning it again. I agree with you that they could easily re-boost him back to a main-eventer.

And with Kofi Kingston being in the Elimination Chamber match for the Heavyweight Championship, I could see him winning MITB.
I think that the fact that he's in the EC match hints towards HUGE things in his future.

But then again, I could just be like how Big Daddy V was in the EC. Just fucking pointless. Hahaha.

Also, I could see Mr. Kennedy winning it again. I mean, he's been away for awhile and he's coming back very soon. It would be a great thing to do to give him the push he needs to be where he was. "Money in the Bank... Bank."

Team Sheep
01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
And with Kofi Kingston being in the Elimination Chamber match for the Heavyweight Championship, I could see him winning MITB.
I think that the fact that he's in the EC match hints towards HUGE things in his future.

Bare in mind, they did have Chris Masters in an elimination chamber before :o

mynameiscarterr
01-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Bare in mind, they did have Chris Masters in an elimination chamber before :o

Ohh yeah.
True. Hahaha.

Maybe they were gonna push him, but decided not too. Haha.
I mean, he was going after everyone with that Masterlock back then. Hahaha.

And wasn't Carlito in one too?

Krimzon7
01-27-2009, 02:07 PM
masters and carlito were in the same EC right? meh. Noid, I can see Evan BOurne, Benjamin, Morrison, Koslov, Kennedy, Punk, MVP, Kofi and Truth in the match. I can see them showing Punk love with the win, and I could even visualize Kennedy winning.

I'm just saying that would suck.

mynameiscarterr
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
masters and carlito were in the same EC right? meh. Noid, I can see Evan BOurne, Benjamin, Morrison, Koslov, Kennedy, Punk, MVP, Kofi and Truth in the match. I can see them showing Punk love with the win, and I could even visualize Kennedy winning.

I don't think Koslov would be in it.
I could see him and The Great Kahli going at it for WrestleMania though due to Kahli's recent turn to face.

Jeritron
01-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Really depends on if they have planned. If there's some form of ladder match involving Edge/Jeff/Matt etc., I'm in favor of that.
If not, I hope there's a MITB.

I'm a big fan of MITB and don't see a need for it to take a hiatus. They're not 5 star gems of psychology. Yes, they're spotfest but they're a lot of fun. They are entertaining and over as hell, and a great addition to any wrestlemania card.
They also help get a lot of great talent on the card and exposed to people who don't always watch wrestling.
Finally, it provides a push.

As for toning down the novelty, I'd rather see them hold off on the winner cashing in their briefcase so soon and not push the case itself to the moon all year by having them carry it around.
Instead have them cut a promo the next night with it, then put it away until when it's time to cash it in.
Only when neccesary.

Juan
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm a big fan of MITB and don't see a need for it to take a hiatus. They're not 5 star gems of psychology. Yes, they're spotfest but they're a lot of fun. They are entertaining and over as hell, and a great addition to any wrestlemania card.
They also help get a lot of great talent on the card and exposed to people who don't always watch wrestling.
Finally, it provides a push.

:y:

I also agree that Christian should be in the match, but as far as him winning it? I dunno, I'd rather give the nod to someone like Morrison or MVP.

Jeritron
01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
I want the MITB winner to lose this year.

thedamndest
01-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I want the MITB winner to lose this year.

I was thinking that too. I came up a storyline where the MiTB winner is walking around backstage and trips or something and the contracts come spilling out, and from that point on the case is "cursed." It gets traded around a bunch of times rather than just one guy having it and cashing it in while the champion is prone.

Either that or Edge hires some heavies to watch his back since he knows that MiTB means that if somebody makes it to the ring with the case, he could be challenged to a match at any time. But then he would get paranoid about the heavies and take them out and it would become a thing.

Shelton, MVP, and Carlito? Sounds like the usual Smackdown crew.

Y2Ant
01-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Well since no one's said it yet, and since I got the Rumble winner correct 3 months beforehand, I figure i'll make a prediction here too, albeit a fairly obvious one - Chris Jericho.

They aren't gonna put MITB on someone who is mid-card like Morrison or Shelton, it's gonna be someone main event or borderline, as has always been the case. Also it's something that tends to work better on a heel, and Jericho fits all the criteria mentioned.

Plus how much would carrying a briefcase around just look right on a heel in a suit? Mad business man heel heat right there. Kinda like IRS.

Team Sheep
01-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Well since no one's said it yet, and since I got the Rumble winner correct 3 months beforehand, I figure i'll make a prediction here too, albeit a fairly obvious one - Chris Jericho.

They aren't gonna put MITB on someone who is mid-card like Morrison or Shelton, it's gonna be someone main event or borderline, as has always been the case. Also it's something that tends to work better on a heel, and Jericho fits all the criteria mentioned.

Plus how much would carrying a briefcase around just look right on a heel in a suit? Mad business man heel heat right there. Kinda like IRS.

Pretty certain Jericho won't be in the match ;)

Sting Fan
01-28-2009, 04:59 AM
I would love to see MVP take this, tbh I kinda hoped he would win the Rumble.

I think MVP winning it and then putting it away for a rainy day would seem slightly out of charachter but show a new side to him. A real crafty, thinking mans wrestler.

Let him push past this whole losing strek BS and if he is turned at some point no big hassle. Maybe have him mid to late year chasing a heel champ and the champ ducking him only to ahve him remind everyone about the shot.

Volare
01-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Pretty certain Jericho won't be in the match ;)

Well...he was the innovator of the match at WM21, so who knows?

Krimzon7
01-28-2009, 08:43 AM

The Ram Knows! :naughty:

Team Sheep
01-28-2009, 08:49 AM

What I'm getting at is that it looks pretty obvious he's gonna be facing RANDY THE RAM!! at Wrestlemania.