PDA

View Full Version : Heel/Face Tag Team

Xero
01-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Has there ever been a heel/face tag team where they weren't forced to team? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

thedamndest
01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
MVP/Matt Hardy?

The Mackem
01-27-2009, 02:35 PM
When I got back into wrestling I was positive Bulldog/Owen Hart were but I'm not sure on that. Maybe Bulldog was still getting cheers from the crowd even though he was a heel or maybe I just viewed him as a face because of the Brit connection.

Johnny Vegas
01-27-2009, 05:51 PM
That would be an interesting combination...not FORCED, but how the tag team just is..

Fabien Barthez
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Did Kane and X-Pac not begin with Kane as a heel, with X-Pac eventually turning him face, only to betray him?

Jeritron
01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't think so. I think Kane was a face for quite sometime.

Kane was really a tweener his whole time in the corporation. In fact, he was borderline face since the crowd loved him and he was portrayed as too dumb to know what he was doing, and often taken advantage of. He never went along with what Vince wanted him to, and he only did it because he was forced too and carted away to a mental institution when he didn't.

After being betrayed by Chyna and the corporation in favor of HHH, I think he was full blown face until a few months later when him and Kane wound up together due to coinciding fueds.

Jeritron
01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
But...Kane and Xpac were technically a heel/face tag team for a little while. Kane and Xpac were still a tag team when Xpac realigned with HHH and the Outlaws in late 99 to refrom DX.

Xpac, who was now heel, told face Kane that he'd try to get him into DX, but then they all beat him up and obviously it never happened.

A good example of a heel/face duo, not a tag team though, was HHH and Chyna in 1999. Chyna was working as a face against Jeff Jarret. At the exact same time she was a valet for heel HHH and used heel tactics.
So depending on the segment, she was both heel and face at the same time. Eventually they got on that, and broke her and HHH up.

Lock Jaw
01-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Wasn't Kurt Angle a heel when he teamed up with that guy during the so-called "Smackdown Six" era?

Krimzon7
01-31-2009, 07:04 AM
MVP/Matt Hardy?

Didn't Teddy Long force them to tag? MVP said he could work with anybody and Long rolled out the man who is chasing Porter for his US Title.

I think the closest thing you would see is a Face or Heel with a Tweener, like Sting and Luger back in the day.

Wolfpack423
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Stone Cold and RVD, in terms of main event tag matches, even though they were both in the Alliance RVD was a face. I am sure you mean regular tag teams. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit would be a perfect choice since they were an official tag team.

Dorkchop
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Wasn't Kurt Angle a heel when he teamed up with that guy during the so-called "Smackdown Six" era?

Jeez
03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Flair/Carlito?

Ruien
03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Booker T/Golddust I believe.

Sting Fan
03-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Benoit and Angle was a forced team im pretty sure, Teddy long initiated it somehow.