PDA

View Full Version : How important is The Miz to the success of 'The In Crowd'?

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 02:16 PM
In another thread, I said something about The Miz outgrowing the Poochy nickname bestowed upon him by TPWW (Kane Knight, I believe). For those unfamiliar, there was a period in time where instead of a wrestler, The Miz was used primarily as a "host" for SmackDOWN! His placement, to some, gave off the feeling of a last-ditched effort to try anything different on a failing show, much like the fictional character Poocy used on The Simpsons in some episode.

Kane Knight retorted that he has gone from being 'Poochy' to being 'That guy that teams with Morrison'. He may or may not have a point there.

As far as the tag team of The Miz and John Morrisson go, I will say that I enjoy both of them. However, I think it's quite obvious that John Morrison is the Shawn Michaels, whilst The Miz is the Marty Jannetty. However, I don't think that the team would work half as well if The Miz didn't play the role that he does in the team. He's far from Poochy, at very least.

Just a thought. I'm open to all opinions on this matter.

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Miz is the baked potato (with all the fixin') to John Morrison's porter house.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Remember when Miz and Morrison beat HBK and Rey Mysterio? The Miz got laid out by Sweet Chin Music, then HBK got laid out by the same from Morrison and Miz got the pin? Just the celebration after the match where Morrison was completely ecstatic and The Miz was barely conscious was so funny to me for some reason. It's just the little things that The Miz does that makes Morrison look good and the team look awesome in general.

D Mac
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
R Truth > Miz

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I disagree with the above statement of R-Truth > Miz for the simple fact that Miz is a champion and R-Truth has no real direction.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Let's not forget that Diesel Mac eats paint chips.

D Mac
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
That's all you got? :p

thedamndest
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the other day that once Miz and Morrison break up Miz is fucked. And by fucked I mean he will get an ECW title run.

Jeritron
01-30-2009, 03:07 PM
He's definitely valuable. However, I feel he's the Marty Jannetty/Jim Neidhart of the group.

Then again, a lot of people thought Christian and Matt were the ones who'd get fucked over by their tag teams breaking up. They did fine. Maybe Miz could suprise everyone like they did, and work his way into success.
I don't know though, I think it's a different case and he's basically fucked.

Jeritron
01-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I also think they should keep them together and push them hard for a few years though. They finally have a bankable tag team.

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
I always thought Matt would have a better career than Jeff as Matt was/is more consistant and if figured Jeff would be in a wheel chair by now.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
No you didn't.

Jeritron
01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Well I didn't. You could just tell Jeff had more starpower. Matt did a lot to get where he is. Jeff kinda just had it from the start. If it weren't for Jeff's setbacks, I think he'd have been where he is now much sooner, and probably even bigger.

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes I did. I'll go back in the forum archives if I have to.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Please do.

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Cause I remember there was a discussion, but I can't remember the year.

Jeritron
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
I think Miz is important to the duo though. He's pretty funny, and he attracts a ton of heat.
I think his heel antics help ground the team from being faces. Also, sometimes I even think he can work the stick better than Morrison. Morrison is funny as hell, but he can be pretty stoic.

If it weren't for him the tag team wouldn't be what it is. Also, you can tell that they get along IRL. I'm sure most of their material is developed together.

So basically I think he's invaluable to the team, but will struggle when they break up.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
But is he more than a 'Poochy' now? I would say he definitely is.

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Yes, that is why I called him a loaded baked potato, I mean who could turn down a loaded baked potato? They are good, but they are still just a side when compared to a porter house steak.

jindrak
01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
The Miz is awesome!

Dorkchop
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
In another thread, I said something about The Miz outgrowing the Poochy nickname bestowed upon him by TPWW (Kane Knight, I believe).

It was me who bestowed said nick name, but I think KK and maybe someone else are the only ones who I think still call him that every now and then.

Jeritron
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
But is he more than a 'Poochy' now? I would say he definitely is.

Absolutely. I would say that was a bit of an unfair statement anyways. It's funny, because of Poochy, but it doesn't really apply. Especially not now.

Dorkchop
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
To me he isn't Poochy anymore. Instead of trying too hard to be cool and hip, he is cool and hip. He's not as in your face and annoying as he once was. He's come a long from the guy who was given cool catch phrases and a hip look to try and connect with the youth.

Clearly Morrison is the guy who will shine when they finally break up, but that's not to say he'll end up like Jannetty or Neidhart. I'm sure most of us were at least somewhat worried when E & C and The Hardys broke up. Miz doesn't have anywhere near the ability of Matt or Christian, but he at least stands out enough.

I'm still unsure whether I like the guy or not. He's great with Morrison and I'd like them to stay tag partners for a while. It's inevitable he'll turn on Morrison out of jealousy, but I wouldn't mind seeing them stay buddies if Morrison gets a bigger push. If Morrison ever wins either major belt it would be neat to see Miz hold the IC or US for a bit until he turns on Morrison.

RGWhat316
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Miz has grown on me a little more. The guy is wrestling alot better than many people would have predicted, and he can heat like crazy right now. Plus his entertainment factor is still pretty good. I saw one ppv where the crowd was chanting "you can't wrestle", and Miz did a cool move, and he yelled back "who can''t wrestle?"

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
It would be great if they never did turn against each other, just got split up and did singles wrestling, but then get back together every so often.

Dorkchop
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
BDC, I've thought about that idea for a while. That way when WWE gets bored of both guys they can just tag again for a while until they have something better to do. This would be a great idea if there's tag team wrestling at that point.

There won't.

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, it is just so lame that every tag team every has to implode and fight before they move on. I would like to see just once from the to simple go into singles wrestling because they are bored with dominating the tag scene.

Jeritron
01-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Even though it would be a tad unfair, I wouldn't even mind if John Morrison slowly got elevated to main event status over the next few years and The Miz slowly got turned into his Virgil.

It'd be better than cutting him lose on the other brand and burying him until firing.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
As long as they don't retool him with a singing cowboy gimmick.

thedamndest
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Rather than feuding them, they could do something where the talent exchanges end and they get stuck on different shows.

Jeritron
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
They've tried that before, and it never works

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Brother D-Von was brilliant.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I mean, Reverend D-Von.

thedamndest
01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
They did it with teams that had been teams so long that was their gimmick. Then Devon became a Reverand and Bubba became...Bubba in work-out clothes? Miz and Morrison wouldn't really have to change anything about themselves, as Morrison was fairly successful before the team and Miz, well, he wasn't as successful. But with his In Crowd rub he's full on successful now. They could go back to what they were.

I'm just saying that if they split them through the means of feuding, one of them will have to become a face. I really can't see either one becoming a face.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Maybe when they split up, The Miz can remember that he has Kelly Kelly under contract and use her as a reluctant assitant...whom after a while begins to actually like him and become a not so reluctant assistant. Maybe that would help a little? I hate Kelly Kelly, but the fans seem to like her.

thedamndest
01-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. Remembering? Come on.

Skippord
01-31-2009, 02:57 AM
I love The Miz

and his ridiculous hats

FourFifty
01-31-2009, 03:43 AM
John Morrison is the cool, confident heel that could do it all in the ring.

Now I'm sure we have all seen, or knows the guy who is an annoying little prick who is friends with the cool guy for some reason. That's The Miz, and he plays it so well.
The Miz needs Morrison more than Morrison needs The Miz.

The Optimist
01-31-2009, 03:54 AM
He is when you're not watching them wrestle I guess. He's useful then, at least as a device to get Morrison on your television. Once he's there he's almost always the worst part of the match one way or another.

GD
01-31-2009, 04:02 AM
R Truth > Miz

Dude Miz on the weekly dirt sheet is way better than R Truth.

HTrain90
01-31-2009, 04:30 AM
I'll throw in two cents for The Miz here. I love the guy. He always entertains me, and I honestly think that he is just as valuable as Morrison currently. To be candid, Morrison needs a lot of work on the mic. Even though he's improved vastly in the past year, he is still not ready to fly solo on the mic. While Miz may never make it as a singles star, he is much better on the mic and will be no worse than IC level heel for that reason. For Morrison to hit it big, he'll need to continue to develop on the mic. And that development needs to accelerate.

Back to Miz. I think he's damn good. He had the personality already, and his ring skills have improved greatly in his time. He's actually acceptable in the ring now, and it's no coincidence that Miz & Morrison are usually in the best matches on RAW every week - it's because Miz can work much better than he's given credit for. For this reason alone, Miz will not be a Marty Jannety type. He's got too much personality to fall off the face of the WWE. I honestly think Miz could end up being bigger than Morrison. Morrison is atrocious on the mic. Just terrible. And The Miz is the goods. That being said, I hope they don't go their separate ways anytime soon. I would love to see if they could get over in a face run, but it looks like that isn't possible right now.

All in all, I think Miz is one of the best they've got right now. That's ridiculous to say, but it's true. And I don't think that he's a sidekick to Morrison anymore - he's easily on par with JM.

Oh, and Miz >>>>>>> R-Truth. R-Truth is pure trash.

FourFifty
01-31-2009, 04:33 AM
R-Truth isn't trash. He's just booked that way.

HTrain90
01-31-2009, 04:42 AM
R-Truth isn't trash. He's just booked that way.

Fair enough. I never watched him in TNA, but his run on SmackDown!, well, I can't comment on it. I watched one R-Truth segment, heard his stupid "What's Up?" gig, and turned that grabage off. Poor Shelton had to feud with THAT gimmick? Damn. He misses being Triple H's whipping boy right now.

Krimzon7
01-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Well I will save my outright hatred for R Truth's gimmik for another thread, but he isn't better than Miz. Miz is solid, and before they started their reluctant (at first) tag title run, Miz and Morrison was shaping up ot be quite the feud on ECW. Do you remember the promo they cut when Miz unlaods a killer Potatoe on Morrison? It was fucking cool to see Miz moving up. I can see Miz as a great midcarder, like many have said. I don't see hmi as a Moochy.

Krimzon7
01-31-2009, 06:27 AM
While we're on the idea of splitting this great team up, it would be cool to see them in a Two Man Power Trip type of situation...just on a lower level.

Sting Fan
01-31-2009, 06:39 AM
While we're on the idea of splitting this great team up, it would be cool to see them in a Two Man Power Trip type of situation...just on a lower level.

How does that work???

The whole idea of the Two man Power trip was the top guys in the Company forming an unbeatable alliance.

So two mid to uppermidcarders form an alliance thats hard to beat, correct me if im wrong but isnt that a tag team???

Krimzon7
01-31-2009, 06:51 AM
How does that work???

The whole idea of the Two man Power trip was the top guys in the Company forming an unbeatable alliance.

So two mid to uppermidcarders form an alliance thats hard to beat, correct me if im wrong but isnt that a tag team???

Lol, good logic. Allow me to clarify. The In Crowd is on every peice of programming. I enjoy seeing them, but why not let Miz work with an US title program with MVP (as it seems that he'll be taking that back pretty soon), and have Morrison and Punk feuding over the IC title. Since they really don't care about the Tag Titles, It really wouldn't matter that they didn't drop the them, and so on and so forth. Have Them help each other gain and retain their repspective titles.

Kane Knight
01-31-2009, 08:00 AM
In another thread, I said something about The Miz outgrowing the Poochy nickname bestowed upon him by TPWW (Kane Knight, I believe).

LOL no.

Anybody Thrilla
01-31-2009, 11:17 AM
You called him that all the time, so I figured it was you. We've already discovered that it was Dorkchop.

Johnny Vegas
01-31-2009, 11:41 AM
I honestly think that if Miz is going to do his own thing, he needs to have a valet. He is pretty much more than i expected tbh. Some of his moves are ok to, like the clothesline he does in the corner when he sits on the 2nd rope. Morrison is one of my favorite wrestlers, but that raising one arm and then lifting the other just yells gay on my tv screen. I don't think i'll NEVER get into that..idk, just thinking out loud.

Gertner
01-31-2009, 11:57 AM
I love the Miz. The think Morrison and Miz really play off each other and I think losing The Miz would make Morrison less entertaining.

Krimzon7
01-31-2009, 03:08 PM
At some point, this whole shaman of sexay shit will get old. I hope Morrison has more character behind those abs. How else could he be booke right now?

Juan
01-31-2009, 04:00 PM
The Miz has improved by miles since his debut on Smackdown.

Anybody Thrilla
02-01-2009, 11:02 AM
...Morrison is one of my favorite wrestlers, but that raising one arm and then lifting the other just yells gay on my tv screen. I don't think i'll NEVER get into that...

I'm pretty sure that gesture is just to accentuate his abs. Not even joking.

Johnny Vegas
02-01-2009, 11:31 AM
well he needs to taunt with a mic to try and accentuate his mic skills

Anybody Thrilla
02-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, he does that a lot too.

Xerzes
02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Fuck Poochy.