PDA

View Full Version : While watching smackdown

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 02:07 AM
So the Cardinals lost, and I have no victory laps to run...SO I watch last week's Smackdown! I look at Matt's Diatribe, and get to thinking...

This would be a great time to repackage him, let's get another Theme in, maybe retool his look a tad, and help him into his new heelish role. These guys have virtually been the same since they hit it big in the 'E'. Thoughts?

Juan
02-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Agreed. He needs a new theme and hopefully, none of Version 1 antics.

Dave Youell
02-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Based on that promo, it’s quite clear to see that he’s not playing up to anything he’s done in the past, it was a decent promo, I just hate the way whenever a guy turns he always seems to go suit shopping. I also didn't like that they hired an organ player to play when Matt was speaking

I can see Matt carrying the whole programme with Promo’s with neither of them really getting into physicality, Jeff IMO could take a different direction now, like a crow sting, not saying too much and letting his actions speak for him.

I just hope the pay off is better than the last match they had, it should be

Kane Knight
02-02-2009, 08:45 AM
V1 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 08:47 AM
V1 was quite funny in it's day. But this Matt shouldn't have MFer's or Matt Facts. I dont' want to see a SD! Jericho, which seems to be the direction

Xero
02-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Give him the surprise buttseks gimmick.

Krimzon7
02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Jeff's has always been the high flyer, Matt has been screwed by the fans...Buttseks makes TONS of scents!:naughty:

Anybody Thrilla
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
You could have just said Christian. Nobody thinks you're cool for knowing his name.

Xero
02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I want to see Steve Williams give Michael Hickenbottom the Williams Stunner while Paul Levesque looks on.

RatedGSuperstar
02-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Mark Callaway thinks this topic should rest in peace.

KYR
02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Dave Bautista doesn't approve either.

** they'll never guess that one **

parkmania
02-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Kurt Angle wins this thread with a BROKEN FRIKKIN NECK!

:|:shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I want to see Steve Williams give Michael Hickenbottom the Williams Stunner while Paul Levesque looks on.

Would have been better if you had used something better for the "Williams Stunner" bit. Called it the "modified ace crusher," for example. Since you are using real names and all.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
As far as Matt Hardy's look goes, the only thing I would change is perhaps Matt's hair. Now that he's not trying to please the fans, and only himself, he could cut his hair, since I can't really see a professional benefit to having it.

Changing his theme song, or his ring attire, doesn't really seem like something that he would do. The attire sort of makes sense, but Jericho has just done that. Matt is justified in thinking he is right, though. He is all about himself. That theme music is his theme music. There's nothing that really ties him to Jeff through it. The hair and the classic Hardy look that Jeff still sports, sort of does.

I don't want to see Matt become a comedic character, but I think he deserves better than playing another angry heel. I wouldn't mind it if he brought back the occasional "Matt Fact." Just little tidbits to rub in the face of Jeff. Maybe containing "personal information" on Jeff?

Matt Hardy should be the one going into the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber at No Way Out. Jeff Hardy's "psychological damages" from being betrayed by his older brother should keep him out of commission until then. He returns during the match, though, somehow gets in, and beats the shit out of Matt, which leads to Matt's elimination.

There is your set-up for their WrestleMania match.

Dorkchop
02-05-2009, 12:08 AM
If Matt were to cut his hair, I wonder what he'd do with it since it's receding.

RVDmark
02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
So Matt Hardy version 2 then? Or maybe just V II, roman numerals, you know, classy. :shifty:

Team Sheep
02-05-2009, 08:48 PM
He'd better change his theme.

Anybody Thrilla
02-06-2009, 12:59 AM
His theme is much too face to use now. Even though he started using it as a heel V1, this character just can't fit with that theme.

Team Sheep
02-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Yep that was more of a goofy type heel role. He is totally serial now. I want to hear something that portrays his dark side. I don't think I can tolerate hearing "I CAN SLAM A TORNADOOOOOOOOOOO" again.

Krimzon7
02-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Never like that song, to be honest. It's a testament to him how he got his whole gimmick over. He should go Koslov and just meander to the ring. Since the E wouldn't let a major player go with out a marketable theme, he should have something Dark, from Saliva or some such shit.

RatedGSuperstar
02-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Matt Fact: Jeff is a little bitch.

Anybody Thrilla
02-08-2009, 03:25 PM

That would actually be hilarious.

Choviko Man
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
His theme is much too face to use now. Even though he started using it as a heel V1, this character just can't fit with that theme.

matt can comes out to a music of vengaboy brazil or i want it that way to shows his passon for lee ta.

Anybody Thrilla
02-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Seeing as to how "lee ta" hasn't been employed by the WWE for quite some time now, I'm not sure that would work very well.

Juan
02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
matt can comes out to a music of vengaboy brazil or i want it that way to shows his passon for lee ta.

Worst sock ever.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Worst sock ever.

You say that about all the socks :rant:

Juan
02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Each one just gets worse than the last tbh

Xero
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Actually, this one is quite awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 03:11 AM

That is pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

I'm thinking they will give him new music. They had him come out without any on SmackDown! this past week. But as I said, I don't know if new music is really called for. Just reading Matt's heel blog, where he talks about how he's "The Dark Cloud" and "The Starmaker." He seems like a gloater and an arrogant piece of work, to me. His current theme music, pretty much advertising Matt's abilities to control the elements, fits that image pretty well.

Actually, this one is quite awesome.

No, it's really not. Gotta agree with Juan.

Xero
02-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Juan more against him doesn't mean anything.

LOLLOL, get it? It's not funny because that's his name!1!

parkmania
02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
So, just a reworking of his theme? Keep the lyrics but change the music to be less pop and more grunge?