PDA

View Full Version : Reboot (2010)

Kane Knight
02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I saw a listing for for a Reboot project on IMDB with no info except for a release in 2010. Anyone know anything aboot in?

El Vaquero de Infierno
02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot

Film trilogy
On June 1, 2008, it was announced that there will be a trilogy of ReBoot films coming to theaters. Jon Cooksey has been signed to write the script for the first film. Currently, the films will follow a different story from the comic, but the overall plan is to continue the methodology in terms of engaging the fans.[10] As of August 2008, Cooksey was dropped due to Rainmaker deciding to take a different direction with the story. At this time, it is unknown who will replace him.[11]

Personally, they should leave it best alone. When things are brought back they are usually shite. Look at Eerie Indiana : the other dimension. Though the original Eerie Indiana kicked ass, so nothing would touch it anyways.

Kane Knight
02-02-2009, 10:33 AM
The two post-series Reboot bits were good, and I have confidence they can bring it back to a quality end.

Requiem
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
God, the later episodes of that show were great once they had a continuing plot. Loved that show so much. :love:

Kane Knight
02-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I still haven't seen "My Two Bobs."

According to Wikipedia, the rights to distribute the original seasons ends in 2009, so the ycould conceivably be bought out by someone who actually wants to distribute them. That'd be awesome.

Kalyx triaD
02-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Are we talking about the CG cartoon? Where computer AI is take on 'the player' in various special themed episodes?

Lock Jaw
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes.

There is also some sort of online comic book going on, but I'm not sure if it is in canon or not.

G
02-02-2009, 03:17 PM
:eek: can't wait

Kane Knight
02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Are we talking about the CG cartoon? Where computer AI is take on 'the player' in various special themed episodes?

Yeah, though that wasn't the sum of it.

Yes.

There is also some sort of online comic book going on, but I'm not sure if it is in canon or not.

Considering the announcement seems to be that the movies will not follow the comic, but may develop along the same path, probably means it's semi-canon.

Kalyx triaD
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
I stopped watching during the advent of Fox Kids, so I have no idea what went on after the first season - or even if what I was watching was the first season. I checked it out a while afterward and Bob was altered due to time-travel or something. The story had some 'journey' theme to it by that point and I was lost. Went over to Eek the Cat.

Requiem
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, eventually the show actually got a continuing plot instead of just recurring themes. It was pretty awesome, IMO. All kinds of crazy stuff happened.

Kane Knight
02-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, eventually the show actually got a continuing plot instead of just recurring themes. It was pretty awesome, IMO. All kinds of crazy stuff happened.

They also got away with more, without ABC's censors.