PDA

View Full Version : Manu/Sin Sunka

Ruien
02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Okay, they have been booted from Legacy, along with the rumors they are going back to the FCW. But for the past 2 weeks, they have not put over Priceless in a tag match. Its very annoying that this angle was just dropped completely without anything being done to finish it.

They could at least make the jobber tag team, seeing as the tag team division is being build back up a little bit. Priceless, the two black guys, and Miz and Morrison being in the mix. Plus you have the on and off tag team of Kofi and CM Punk.

BigDaddyCool
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
They haven't been building the tag division up.

thedamndest
02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
I think them getting booted out of Legacy is all the putting over Priceless needs. Priceless gets put over pretty much every week. There really isn't a reason to keep Sim/Manu together as a team. They share no common bond and keeping them together will just remind everyone of the fact they were the two guys that couldn't cut it in Legacy. Sim may have a WWE future. Manu does not.

Krimzon7
02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Three teams hardly makes a division. I would rather see the angle we're currently watching than to see Manu on my set. He should be repackaged as a partner to Umaga. They would kick ass as a team. and yes because theyre samoan. Let Umaga be the mentor and have him turn lil cusin into a samoan weedeater

.44 Magdalene
02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
They're gonna get fired

.44 Magdalene
02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Two months from now

screech
02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Three teams hardly add up to a "division." Plus, Punk and Kofi are hardly on again off again. I hope Sim is kept around. Manu I don't care too much about, but I wouldn't mind him being used in some way.

Ruien
02-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Well with them it would be 4 teams, and its not like the roster is huge. It would be the same when Dudleys, Hardy's, and E&C carried it. They had the the APA with the 4th team. Granted, the latter teams were a hell of a lot better, but so was the all around talent.

Ruien
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
How many teams would you want for a 2 hour show?

Dave Youell
02-04-2009, 08:12 AM
It looks like Kane and Knox might be a new team, which I approve of

Anybody Thrilla
02-04-2009, 12:12 PM
What is the point of calling Cryme Tyme "the two black guys"? Are you trying to insinuate that they haven't developed enough personality for them to be discernable? That's fairly ridiculous.

BigDaddyCool
02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
From what I understand, the Anoa'i family family is really close with Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Sim is Jimmy's son (I know he is adopted) but there is a connection between Sim Snuka and Manu. I've heard of worse reasons to force a tag team (mostly from Noid).

Triple Naitch
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
They wouldn't be the worst tag team ever assembled. Move them to SmackDown and fued them with Carlito & Primo for a quickie.

BigDaddyCool
02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
They could be the big rough and tumble tag team in the rotation. There is no reason not to do something with them if they are on payroll.

Dorkchop
02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
They should at least tag for a little bit to take our Rhodes and Dibiase. It doesn't make any sense to not have them team up. I hate how WWE just drops storylines and angles. I'm not saying this one would be too interesting, it's just annoying.

Fox
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
DH Smith and Snuka should join Legacy.

Just saying.

BigDaddyCool
02-04-2009, 01:22 PM
DH Smith can go straight to hell. He looks like a dork.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Sim Snuka and Manu should stick around on RAW as a tag team, in my opinion. They'd make a pretty decent face team beside Cryme Tyme. If DH Smith ends up joining Legacy, I can't see why they couldn't run a Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase & DH Smith vs. Goldust, Sim Snuka & Manu feud down the line.

thedamndest
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
All of these reasons for pairing up Sim and Manu are negated by their Highlander-like reaction from the crowd.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2009, 08:45 PM
All of these reasons for pairing up Sim and Manu are negated by their Highlander-like reaction from the crowd.

Well, what do you really expect? The WWE looked like it had no clue what they were doing in regards to setting up Legacy. They do it, and suddenly they expect Sim Snuka and Manu to get monster pops? They didn't even officially turn face.

If the WWE took the time and energy to establish Sim Snuka & Manu as permanent characters, and as guys the fans should get behind, I see no reason why they cannot be given a chance.

thedamndest
02-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Manu has little in the way of redeeming qualities and Sim Snuka is just going to be Sim Snuka. He's alright, but the point is that Legacy has moved beyond feuding with "alright" now. The time to do that would have been when it happened, as the initial post said. Now Legacy should be feuding with legitimate stars, and if they bring back Manu/Sim to feud with Legacy it's going to suck the life out of the arena.

As I said in my previous post, Manu/Sim have no other reason to tag together besides the fact that they were in Legacy for about five minutes. You pointed out that they weren't even "officially" faces, so there really is no reason for the crowd to pop for them, especially since they haven't been on tv in weeks. If they are going to keep them, send Manu to ECW and Sim to Smackdown.

.44 Magdalene
02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
I think Sim, if his little hints of quality are clues to a bigger picture, could fill in a nice spot on RAW's midcard. He needs to stay off Smackdown for a while, just to keep the fans from being like "Hey, I know that fellow. I remember a leather jacket, though..."

.44 Magdalene
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Manu I can't defend, though. He's just a big Samoan guy. Put him on ECW, book 'em mean.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Manu has little in the way of redeeming qualities and Sim Snuka is just going to be Sim Snuka. He's alright, but the point is that Legacy has moved beyond feuding with "alright" now. The time to do that would have been when it happened, as the initial post said. Now Legacy should be feuding with legitimate stars, and if they bring back Manu/Sim to feud with Legacy it's going to suck the life out of the arena.

As I said in my previous post, Manu/Sim have no other reason to tag together besides the fact that they were in Legacy for about five minutes. You pointed out that they weren't even "officially" faces, so there really is no reason for the crowd to pop for them, especially since they haven't been on tv in weeks. If they are going to keep them, send Manu to ECW and Sim to Smackdown.

I'm not sure I get your point about the crowd not yet having a reason to pop for them. That explains why they haven't popped yet, but if you did bring them back, I'm sure the goal would be to give the fans a reason to care.

Manu was not bad on the mic, and there have been far worse performers in the ring. I don't really miss the guy, or anything, but I don't understand the useless comments he gets. As muscle, he can play a damn good role. Sim Snuka was someone I was not looking forward to seeing back, but he impressed me when he did.

Sure, they may not have any obvious reason to team together, besides both being booted out of Legacy, but to me, that sounds like more than enough reason to work with a guy to teach some punks a lesson. I've just finished watching Oz, and a team of convenience between Snuka & Manu, to try and get revenge on the bigger foes, could be quite interesting.

Plus, BDC pointed out the relationship that exists between the Snuka family and the Anoa'i family. Sim Snuka is also a former WWE Tag Team Champion, so if he wants to hold gold again, he's got to feel a bit stronger about his tag team skills a little more so than his singles wrestling ability. Manu's father is in the Hall of Fame because of his tag team wrestling ability. If both guys are better suited for tag team competition, hate the same guys, feel the same wrongs, and have families that are close to each other, I don't see why an alliance between them would not work.

Evil Vito
02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm really not sure what to make of Manu tbh. He sorta dresses like his dad but he's not a Samoan savage at all...in fact he's from Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. I was kinda hoping they'd send him off to SmackDown to maybe team with Umaga...it'd help get Manu established and it would give Umaga something different to do other than just kill jobbers...plus it would provide the brand with a new-look heel team that actually comes off as a threat unlike Hawkins/Ryder or Fairycakes/Zeke.

As for Sim, dropping the greaser gimmick was great for him IMO, because unlike Domino I just don't think Sim/Deuce was very convincing as a greaser. I think he could make a decent enough midcarder, WWE obviously sees some talent in him as he survived the breakup of the team and the flurry of roster cuts. If it doesn't work out, you could always try bringing Domino back (also under a new name of some kind) to add a team with some chemistry.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2009, 11:51 PM
I never felt that Deuce N' Domino had too much chemistry together. I always felt that they had more potential apart than together.

The only reason I would want to see a Manu/Umaga tag team, is for the attempts at comedy as a civilised Samoan hangs out with a guy who, for all intents and purposes, seems like a savage. I'd rather see Umaga do something with more promise, though.

thedamndest
02-05-2009, 02:55 AM
I'm saying if an alliance was going to exist between them they should have done it already. Now it really is too late. The ball has been dropped on Sim/Manu feuding with Legacy. As for their families eating dinner together, that's still going to be awkward to explain on tv. They show up in a tag match and they come across as the guys that couldn't cut it in Legacy and JR says, "BTW, did you know these guys hang out outside of the ring? They grew up together, practically!"

Here is something else to consider: if they tag together, they fail together. And in the current tag climate, there would be a good chance of that happening. I say split them apart and take their chances on their own letting each man try and get over apart rather than have a team sink and doom both men. Hell, if that doesn't work you can always put them together for some matches. That would be easier than splitting the team apart and going the other way.

Heyman
02-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Okay, they have been booted from Legacy, along with the rumors they are going back to the FCW. But for the past 2 weeks, they have not put over Priceless in a tag match. Its very annoying that this angle was just dropped completely without anything being done to finish it.

They could at least make the jobber tag team, seeing as the tag team division is being build back up a little bit. Priceless, the two black guys, and Miz and Morrison being in the mix. Plus you have the on and off tag team of Kofi and CM Punk.

If it was up to me, Manu and Sin would re-debut on Smackdown alongside Umaga to form a Samoan stable.

BigDaddyCool
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Actaully I don't really give a fuck if they do anything with them or not, but WWE is short on workers, these two are employeed and should be used. But at the same time, they are boring.

thedamndest
02-05-2009, 02:46 PM
They filled up the Royal Rumble without bringing back Rick Martel or Dick Murdoch. They can't be that short.