PDA

View Full Version : Baseball tickets

Team Sheep
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I wanna go watch an Astros game during opening week (they're playing the Cubs in a 3 game series from April 6-8. Wanna go to either game 2 or 3). Just wondering if it's worth reserving tickets before going because I'd imagine that opening week is really popular or will tickets be available on the day do you think? Do the Astros have a big fan base?

Triple Naitch
02-05-2009, 12:50 PM
It's worth reserving so that you can get a good seat. The Astros have an ok fan base, but opening week usually sells pretty fast.

BCWWF
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Playing the Cubs is always a little tricky too, because they are probably the third or fourth biggest team out there and have "fans" across the nation.

I'd think you should be able to get tickets there though. I think Enron Field is pretty big.

Team Sheep
02-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Lol Enron field.

Cheers for the help. I'll order some tickets before I go to be on the safe side :y:

Supreme Olajuwon
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah definitely buy your tickets in advance and pick them up at will call. If the Astros are like a lot of other teams, you might have trouble getting tickets for the first series because single game tickets aren't available yet and you can only buy ticket packages for multiple games throughout the season. Once the package selling period is over, the single game tickets go on sale and what's left will be available for purchase. So if I were you, I'd check in to when single game tickets go on sale and buy your tickets as soon as you can to be safe.

Ogen
02-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Baseball is mad no need to be playing every day. Went to see San Diego somethings play and San Diego are SHIT. Quality seats though right on 3rd base 2nd row in the fancy seats

Ogen
02-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Padres thats it

Ogen
02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Against the Mariners I believe it was.

Ogen
02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
And they didn't even have Trevor Time which as far as I could gather involved giving some old guy a go just to make the fans happy even though he was old and shit.

El Vaquero de Infierno
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Buy as soon as possible. I found when trying to buy tickets to see the Bo-Sox, they pretty much sold out quickly, with people buying shit loads of seats and then reselling them for 3-4 times the asking price on websites like Stubhub.com. Ridic. I did get to see the Yankees though when I went to New York.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-05-2009, 03:16 PM
The Red Sox are a special case. They have the 2nd largest fan base of any team in baseball but have the 4th smallest ballpark. So their tickets are gone almost as soon as they go on sale.

Houston shouldn't be as tough to get tickets, but still you should play it safe and buy early.

OssMan
02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Pretty sure the 2nd game of the year is the lowest attendance game all season

Adder
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Team sheep, I thought you were a Kiwi Are you in the States for a holiday?

Team Sheep
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah definitely buy your tickets in advance and pick them up at will call. If the Astros are like a lot of other teams, you might have trouble getting tickets for the first series because single game tickets aren't available yet and you can only buy ticket packages for multiple games throughout the season. Once the package selling period is over, the single game tickets go on sale and what's left will be available for purchase. So if I were you, I'd check in to when single game tickets go on sale and buy your tickets as soon as you can to be safe.

Hmm this could indeed be the case. There's no mention of single game tickets going on sale anywhere on the website yet, just season tickets and stuff. I'll keep a look out. If the worst comes to worse I'll try StubHub, as long as it's not absolutely ridiculous prices.

Team Sheep
02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Team sheep, I thought you were a Kiwi Are you in the States for a holiday?

No I'm Welsh! Gonna be in Houston that week for Wrestlemania and seeing as it ties in with opening week of Baseball season, thought I'd catch a game. The stadium looks magnificent, would be a shame to miss out.

Triple Naitch
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Single game tickets go on sale around mid-February early March

RatedGSuperstar
02-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Houston shouldn't be as tough to get tickets, but still you should play it safe and buy early.

I'd say for any average Houston game, he wouldn't have a problem getting tickets, even if he walked up on the day of the game (just a guess, since I've never actually been to the Juice Box). I wouldn't take any chances with a Cubs series, though -- they have fans everywhere, and they tend to fill the stadium quickly wherever they go. If the Astros are like a lot of other NL Central teams, they tend to lump those Cubs tickets into the 5-, 10-, or 20-game deals that they like to sell aside from season tickets, just as a way to minimize the amount of Cubs fans that show up and neutralize the home field advantage. There should be some single game tickets still there once those sales open up, but they tend to be the first to go.

BCWWF
02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
It's also opening week though. Buy early.

Team Sheep
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Single game tickets go on sale this Friday so I'll be sure to nab some early :y:

Team Sheep
02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Just got tickets for Tuesday night, April 7th. Can't wait (even though I'm more of a Mets fan :p) Minute Maid Park looks incredible.

BCWWF
02-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah it's always looked like a cool park. Where are you sitting?

Team Sheep
02-14-2009, 09:22 AM
http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/nl/minseat.gif

Section 209.

They were the best seats available right as tickets went on sale, so I'm guessing a lot were already sold via season tickets and those mini plan things.

BCWWF
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Those aren't bad seats though.

Team Sheep
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah no doubt. Was hoping to get in the purple or the blue but 209 is a good spot :)

OssMan
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
See you there

GregDill
03-06-2009, 05:58 AM
I also like to see that match. but i didn't.

Jeritron
03-06-2009, 06:49 AM
I live in Boston. Not exactly simple or cheap. I usually go to 3 or 4 games a year by happenstance, either getting given free tickets, or asked to accompany someone. I wish I could flat out buy more, but it can be tough.

Team Sheep
03-06-2009, 07:16 AM
When my parents went to Boston a couple of Summers ago and they went to Fenway to see if there was any chance they could get in and they were told no chance. Then shortly before the game started they released some standing room only tickets, so they got them. Does that happen for every game?

Jeritron
03-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Yea, but the line for the released tickets is usually around the building at like 4am if its a huge game, and early afternoon if it's shit.

Jeritron
03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
If you're dealing with an evening game, that is. Weekend day games prob line up early in the morning

Jeritron
03-06-2009, 03:03 PM
When they do it with playoff tickets people are there like 2 days ahead of time. My roomate last year camped out. I unfortunately couldn't participate due to obligations. Shit's nuts.
Dustin Pedroia and Mike Lowell showed up at like 1am with a carfull of taco bell for the fans. When the media tried to film them to put it on the news, they refused and never "got the credit".

Triple Naitch
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
That's why the Red Sox pwn all.

Team Sheep
04-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Ended up going to game 2 last night and game 3 tonight. Good fun at Minute Maid park, beautiful stadium. Just got $7 tickets tonight and they were just as brilliant :D

OssMan
04-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Fucking got a bunch of Nationals tickets and a few Orioles tickets this summer. Mostly when the Mets are in town cause that is what my dad wants to see. Love just showing up and buying the cheapest seats

Loose Cannon
04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I think Team SHeep secretly wants to be an American

Team Sheep
04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I think Team SHeep secretly wants to be an American

Wanna live here yeah :'(

Skippord
04-12-2009, 05:13 AM
ask them what the giant hill in center field is for

except hurting people

DaveWadding
04-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Bleacher seats in Wrigley Field were freaking $50 a pop....and I dont care. :love:

might be getting tickets for a 2nd game while I'm there too :love:

RatedGSuperstar
04-13-2009, 11:48 PM
ask them what the giant hill in center field is for

except hurting people

Or why they put a giant fucking flagpole IN THE FIELD OF PLAY.

I'm still kind of peeved about Richie Sexson hitting a 500-foot double off that fucking thing way back when he still played for Milwaukee. It would've been out to dead center, but it hit high up on that flagpole and bounced back into the field.

As far as buying tickets goes, I looked into maybe buying a couple seats to one of the Brewers/Mets games out at the new Citi Field next weekend (I think), but they were $50 and $60 for the nosebleeds. Fuck New York and fuck new stadiums...I'll wait until I go back home in the summer and can get somewhat close to the action for that price at Miller Park.

Team Sheep
04-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Or why they put a giant fucking flagpole IN THE FIELD OF PLAY.

I'm still kind of peeved about Richie Sexson hitting a 500-foot double off that fucking thing way back when he still played for Milwaukee. It would've been out to dead center, but it hit high up on that flagpole and bounced back into the field.

As far as buying tickets goes, I looked into maybe buying a couple seats to one of the Brewers/Mets games out at the new Citi Field next weekend (I think), but they were $50 and $60 for the nosebleeds. Fuck New York and fuck new stadiums...I'll wait until I go back home in the summer and can get somewhat close to the action for that price at Miller Park.

Will prices be like that at Citi Field all season or is it just for now because the stadium has just opened and demand is high? I got some nose bleeds at Shea a few years ago for about $15.

Jeritron
04-16-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm going to do a few road trips this summer.